Tracfone LG 840G Bundle from HSN $99.99

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HSN will be running a today's special on 11/11 (Sunday) on the new Tracfone LG840G. The 840G is a full touchscreen phone and has both 3G speeds and WiFi this time around. The offer will include one year of service and at least 1200 minutes. They usually bundle a few other accessories with the phone as well. I will update the post with the link when it is available.

http://www.hsn.com/electronics/lg-no-contract-touchscreen-3g-wi-...

Member Summary

Tracfone LG 840G
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This is my 4th tracfone. For the last 3 I have gone to an AT+T store and they have been able,although not easily ,to tra... (more)

lorakelberg (Mar. 19, 2013 @ 6:03p) |

you can send your contacts from one bluetooth phone to another

for example from lg 500 go to contacts/contact settings an... (more)

salogan (Apr. 21, 2013 @ 10:15a) |

This is a great deal. LOVE the phone. By far the best "feature phone" I've ever used. Capacative touch screen is far bet... (more)

SibTiger (May. 04, 2013 @ 12:43p) |

LG No-Contract Touchscreen 3G Wi-Fi Camera Smartphone with TracFone Service
Find more ways to stay in touch. Enjoy fast 3G speeds, a 3.2" touchscreen and go-anywhere Web access with mobile Web and Wi-Fi connectivity. Surf the Web as much as you want because as long as you're connected to Wi-Fi, your minutes aren't being used for data. Snap and share photos and videos with the built-in 2MP camera. Triple Your Minutes for Life makes your airtime go three times as far all with no contracts or credit checks.

What You Get

LG touchscreen cell phone
Upon activation, 400 minutes will triple to 1200 with the Triple Minutes for Life program and includes an additional 200 minutes (1400 total; Good for one year)
Lithium-ion battery
Black battery cover
Color battery cover (choice of color)
AC adapter
Car charger
Earbud headset
2GB microSD card (installed in phone)
Welcome guide
Activation card
Services guide
Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty on handset; 90-day limited warranty on accessories

LG No-Contract Touchscreen 3G Wi-Fi Camera Smartphone Features

3G speed, mobile Web and Wi-Fi connectivity

For fast performance and easy Web access from virtually anywhere

Wi-Fi capability

Access the Web any time you connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot or your home network
Surf the Web, check email or stream video without using your plan minutes when connected to Wi-Fi
Standard data rates apply and airtime minutes are deducted when not connected to Wi-Fi

3.2" touchscreen LCD

For easy menu navigation, photo viewing and video playback

Bluetooth-enabled

Supports hands-free, headset, object push and object exchange features from up to 30 feet away

2MP camera and camcorder functions with digital zoom

Capture on-the-go pictures and video

Google Maps capability

Access Google Maps functionality with an optional, free downloadable app (not included on phone)
Get turn-by-turn GPS directions and maps to your destination

TracFone airtime balance display

Shows you how much airtime you've used and how much remains
Stay in control of your costs

No credit checks and no contracts

Everyone qualifies
Cancel anytime you like

Single rate for every call

Local, long-distance, roaming and international calls included (certain restrictions apply)

Download ringtones, graphics, news, weather, sports and more when using airtime minutes

Entertain and educate yourself on the go
Personalize your phone

More Features

Virtual QWERTY keyboard
Voice mail, call waiting and caller ID (contingent upon your cell phone provider)
microSD memory card slot for cards up to 4GB (2GB microSD card included; other cards sold separately)
Mobile Web
True email client
SNS (Social Network Service) capable
YouTube capable (on 3G and Wi-Fi; 3G use will count against airtime)
Picture messaging
Alarm clock
Calculator
Voice recorder
Music player for MP3, AAC, AAC+

Specs

The Key Specs

Model #:

LG840G

Screen Type:

3.2" color touchscreen LCD

Style:

Touchscreen bar

Mode:

GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz

Bluetooth Enabled:

Yes

Additional Specs

Talk Time:

Up to 3.7 hours

Standby Time:

Up to 13 days

Text Messaging:

Yes

Multimedia Messaging:

Yes

Speakerphone:

Yes

Voice-Activated Dialing:

Yes

Built-In Camera Resolution:

2.0MP

Video Recording:

Yes

MP3 Player:

Yes

Radio:

No

Headphone Jack:

Yes

Downloadable Ringtones:

Yes (18 included)

Internet Capabilities:

Yes

PDA Capabilities:

Yes

International Compatibility:

Yes; go to www.tracfone.com for details

Data Transmission:

Yes

Games:

Yes, downloadable

Voicemail Capability:

Yes

Calendar:

Yes

Scroll Function:

Yes

Antenna:

Internal

Battery:

Lithium-ion 3.7-volt

The Basics

Color Choices:

Purple, Red, Blue, Pink, Zebra or Leopard (battery cover)

Measurements:

Approx. 2.35"L x 0.46"W x 4.08"H

Weight:

Approx. 3.84 oz.

Power Source:

Included rechargeable battery, AC adapter or car charger

Listing:

CSA (AC adapter)

Country of Origin:

China

Prepaid Plans

TracFone Prepaid Service

Phone must be activated and promotional package requested within 60 days of HSN order date to receive promotional minutes and days of service
Promotion includes: 1400 minutes and 365 days of service
Purchase a new TracFone Airtime Card to add minutes and service days to your TracFone service. Load the new Aircard to the phone before the service end date to roll over any unused minutes to the new service end date.
Minutes can be used nationwide with no long distance charges
Airtime cards add minutes and days of service to your phone
Keep your service active by adding a new airtime card before the service days displayed on your TracFone run out
Airtime cards available at more than 70,000 retail locations nationwide
Get minutes directly from your phone (requires one-time registration at www.TracFone.com/buynow)
Go to www.TracFone.com for instant or automatic monthly airtime options or call 800-867-7183

Triple Your Minutes for Life

For every minute you purchase, you will receive two additional minutes at no additional charge
You do not need to enter any codes to receive this benefit at the time of replenishment
Bonus or promotional minutes are not eligible
For example:
- 60-minute card automatically triples to 180 minutes
- 120-minute card automatically triples to 360 minutes

TracFone International Capabilities

TracFone service includes international calling to over 100 destinations at no additional charge
Minutes are deducted as normal when making international calls to qualifying destinations
To see a full list of countries, visit: www.auristechnology.com/tracfoneild/countries.asp
Countries listed with the word "Cellular" allow calls to cell phones
Countries listed without the word "Cellular" only allow calls to landline phones
International calling can be made FROM the U.S. only
Phone and service will not operate internationally (outside of the U.S.)

Notes

This offer includes promotional service.

For warranty information, please call HSN.com Customer Service at 800.933.2887 (8 am-1 am ET).

Seems to be based on -LG T375 Cookie
apps http://www.getjar.com/
Several comments recommend downloading apps to PC then transferring apps to phone.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a GSM feature phone and Tracfones BEST offering.
Link to tutorials and 186 page Users Guide:
http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/tracfone/home.seam?custId...

HSN usually provides a SIM for AT&T as the service provider.

Will this be on the web site? Will it be advertised on their TV network? At what time?

usually today specials go on all day in increments

Prefer an actual keyboard.

Will it also be on their website?

I just posted the link. I just got home from the movies (skyfall was great!) and saw the page on their site. Different color choices available for the phone to.

scottsd said:   Prefer an actual keyboard.

Like this?
http://electronics.hsn.com/product_p-6906029_xp.aspx
Also was priced $99.99 recently, may be on special again.

NOTE: Neither of these Tracfones are actual Smartphones, they are Feature phones.

tracfancier said:   Like this?

The Samsung S390 -- just the one I was thinking of.
Hope it goes back on sale soon.
Of course, what I really want is an Android I can run under T-Mobiles 4G $30/mo plan...

Deal now active HERE

Dont forget FW-CB

I had trouble checking out with paypal but CC went thru fine.

You get a total of 1400 minutes and triple minutes for life

tracfancier said:   scottsd said:   Prefer an actual keyboard.

Like this?
Also was priced $99.99 recently, may be on special again.

NOTE: Neither of these Tracfones are actual Smartphones, they are Feature phones.

Feature Phone?
Explain please?
No access to Android market or Google Play?
What?...thanks

OK, question, why is $99 a good deal when it is priced retail for $59.88 elsewhere?
link

Ok so I figured it up, I have 1800 min on current phone 1800+1400= 3200 mins, one year included. Saving me $100 that I will spend on current phone 4(every 3 months) x $25(90 min card). Fair deal. so I will pay the same, but get upgraded phone with wifi pretty much free.

now I need a cheap 32 gb microSD

The phone comes with 1400 minutes and one year of service. 400 minutes and one year of service is $100 at any location. If you were to buy the phone and 400 minutes with a year of service you are going to spend at least $160. They are also providing a couple other accessories.

LG 840G for colors
Disclaimer
Do these HSN deals usually make it to the end of time? Or do they sell out first. I've never shopped HSN.

Can't make up my mind. I'm used to my old flip phone that I stick in my pocket and go. No worry about damage to the screen. But it's time to add more time in December and this is a great deal.

Does anyone have a screen shot of the virtual keyboard and know if the font is readable without resorting to cheaters -reading glasses?

DriversFound said:   Do these HSN deals usually make it to the end of time? Or do they sell out first. I've never shopped HSN.

Can't make up my mind. I'm used to my old flip phone that I stick in my pocket and go. No worry about damage to the screen. But it's time to add more time in December and this is a great deal.

The price is only good for today. HSN has a great return policy though so if you do not like it you can send it back. Once you start with HSN, you will be hooked!

keypad
Disclaimer
quaspeck said:   Does anyone have a screen shot of the virtual keyboard and know if the font is readable without resorting to cheaters -reading glasses?

How much it costs to text under such a plan?

One third of a unit per text under 160 characters

monseemian said:   How much it costs to text under such a plan?

that's another question, since you have access to browser, and can send texts with google voice, you could have free texting in wifi zone?

I scored 2, thanks OP.

Basset said:   
Feature Phone?
Explain please?
What?...thanks

FrugalFreak said:   monseemian said:   How much it costs to text under such a plan?

that's another question, since you have access to browser, and can send texts with google voice, you could have free texting in wifi zone?
This is not a smart phone with the android OS. You cannot use android apps on this phone.

This is just a plain old dumb phone with wifi. so you can use wifi instead of cellular minutes to access WAP. Net10 has some low end android phones but you must use the $50 a month plan on them. If Tracfone ever has an android phone with wifi on their standard per minute plans many many people would jump on board.

voice
Disclaimer
jimates said:   Basset said:   
Feature Phone?
Explain please?
What?...thanks

FrugalFreak said:   monseemian said:   How much it costs to text under such a plan?

This is not a smart phone with the android OS. You cannot use android apps on this phone.

This is just a plain old dumb phone with wifi. so you can use wifi instead of cellular minutes to access WAP.

what does android have to do with accessing google voice in the browser?

Is it not possible to view a reg google webpage?

have you accessed google voice on a WAP browser? never hear anyone say. Not all web sites are accessable on WAP. I get a communication error when trying to connect to most sites.

jimates said:   have you accessed google voice on a WAP browser? never hear anyone say. Not all web sites are accessable on WAP. I get a communication error when trying to connect to most sites.

why would it need to be WAP?
link

I've never owned a smartphone or a feature phone, so I'm wondering.

will try this

FrugalFreak said:   jimates said:   have you accessed google voice on a WAP browser? never hear anyone say. Not all web sites are accessable on WAP. I get a communication error when trying to connect to most sites.

why would it need to be WAP?
link

I've never owned a smartphone or a feature phone, so I'm wondering.
Perhaps it works. Personally I haven't found anything pleasant about browsing on a feature phone, therefor I don't even try to anymore. I have the LG800 but it is way too slow for me.

We have smartphones on AirVoice for 4 cents a minute for voice and 2 cents for texts.

ShopDiscover 10% CashBack

Page Plus is so much better since you can use any verizon 3g smart phone. Tracfone = lamephone.

Still available. I used coupon code 121363 and saved $20. $79.95...

DriversFound said:   Still available. I used coupon code 121363 and saved $20. $79.95... Thanks for the coupon code. It worked just fine a few minutes ago. Makes this deal irresistible for the 1400 minutes and one year service. Not too sure about the phone. I am not much of a mobile phone user (which is why I use Tracfone) and still haven't found a Tracfone I like as much as the old reliable Motorola 376G.

Does anyone know if you can move all of your contacts from an existing LG VN530 non smartphone to this LG840G like the verizon techs do in the store?

Back up to $119 now.
Please post a new thread if this comes up again! Thanks.

Tracfone only for me for about ten years now.

Are you a big texting person? This is my only concern that we will eat up the minutes texting. How about transferring contacts from an existing verizon phone to a tracfone. Is there a way to do itlike verizon does in the stores?

alanrnmahler said:   Are you a big texting person? This is my only concern that we will eat up the minutes texting.

SMS texting is .3 minute/text.

MMS texting is 1 min/text.

Is there a Activation fee, and if so how much ?

richps1961 said:   Is there a Activation fee, and if so how much ?No activation fee.

A four gig micro sd card is the max that you can use in the LG840G phone.

machineheadorama said:   A four gig micro sd card is the max that you can use in the LG840G phone.Is this from first hand experience, or just what the specs for the phone say? Good luck finding a 4 gig card.

Kmart has the LG840 for $29.99 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

machineheadorama said:   A four gig micro sd card is the max that you can use in the LG840G phone.

THIS website states 32gb.

Skipping 21 Messages...
This is a great deal. LOVE the phone. By far the best "feature phone" I've ever used. Capacative touch screen is far better than what LG used to use on these cheap phones. Easy to text. Very good battery life. No problem activating new phone and transferring old phone number, service days and minutes. Was a little hassle getting the 1400 minutes. It required a phone call... but was handled quickly.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014