• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FYI Sams Club is having their annual in-club VIP shopping event after hours on Sunday November 18th. Even though it is a private event anyone with a Sams membership can attend. Many of the items offered in their BF ad including the 96 cent Samsung Galaxy III S deal are going to be avvailable during that event without the typical BF hassle. Here is the link Link.

Sams Club
See Sams Club promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Samsclub.com (3.71kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
What a waste. Stood there in a non-moving line for an hour. Then they finally get around to tell us they are already o... (more)

QuePaso (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 10:58p) |

Sleftridge7 are you pulling my leg? the cost of the phone on Att's website is 199.99

jgregory1910 (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 11:04p) |

I heard they will offer the same on BF, It will be offered for a $1 instead of 96 cents.

Make sure to check if the store ... (more)

DCrombie (Nov. 19, 2012 @ 7:37a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Says to bring your invitation AND your membership card to attend.

Will they be turning people away without an invitation?

Prngr44 said:   Says to bring your invitation AND your membership card to attend.

If youre names not down, you're not coming in

Looks like the Samsung deal is only good for ATT and TMobile. For Verizon & Sprint, ad says to check club for pricing

How do you get on "the list"? The ad states to see your club's Member Desk for details. Will stop in tomorrow to see. Has anyone checked it out yet?

Mercx said:   Prngr44 said:   Says to bring your invitation AND your membership card to attend.

If youre names not down, you're not coming in

LOL! There is always a couple who don't bother to read beyond the thread title. I was told explicity by a Sams CLub regional manager we work closely with in our salvage business you do NOT need an invitation to get in the event. All you need is a valid Sams membership and show up. The ONLY thing the invitation gets you is a shot at the free Visto 60 they are giving away in each club during the event.

skiAtomic said:   How do you get on "the list"? The ad states to see your club's Member Desk for details. Will stop in tomorrow to see. Has anyone checked it out yet?
To answer myself - the "invitation" came in the mail today. It's a tri-fold piece of paper with the deals and specials.

Also got the invite in the mail today. I don't shop there that much, so it can't be all that "exclusive".

So what's the point going if they only have 10 60 inch Vizio if anyone can get in.

U cant get in without an invite given to u by an associate ..we had to upgrade our membership and have a manager hand sign an invite. We were told if we lose it we will not be allowed in......if u get an invite in the mail it is inviting u to upgrade so u can get the actual invite and go to the event

U cant get in without an invite given to u by an associate ..we had to upgrade our membership and have a manager hand sign an invite. We were told if we lose it we will not be allowed in......if u get an invite in the mail it is inviting u to upgrade so u can get the actual invite and go to the event

secaduff22 said:   U cant get in without an invite given to u by an associate ..we had to upgrade our membership and have a manager hand sign an invite. We were told if we lose it we will not be allowed in......if u get an invite in the mail it is inviting u to upgrade so u can get the actual invite and go to the event

BS and a sucker to boot. You CAN get in without an invite and the invite mailed to members has no mention of upgrading your membership as you claim. You just got suckered into buying an uneeded membership by a slick manager. Managers have already been told to allow anyone with a membership into the event. To reiterate you do not need the invite to attend and pruchase the advertised items.

Sam's Club just reached out to us to clarify to clear any confusion (and disappointment!)

Only members with Plus Membership can attend this event

do Sam's Club alows customers without the invitation and with Plus Membership?

hawpi said:   Sam's Club just reached out to us to clarify to clear any confusion (and disappointment!)

Thanks for the clarification!!

Was hoping to see a laptop in that deal.

hawpi said:   Sam's Club just reached out to us to clarify to clear any confusion (and disappointment!)

Not true. I'm not a Plus member and received my invitation in the mail yesterday. Basic membership, barely spend money at Sams.

The invite I received says absolutely nothing about membership types. It says that I'll need the invite and my membership card to get in. Did you actually see an invite, or are you just passing out bad info?

I was in my Sam's yesterday and asked about admission because I have not gotten an invitation. I was told all Business and Plus members would be admitted with or without an invite. Also was told there have been problems getting invites out in time. I have a business membership and plan on buying a Galaxy III. Trust me, they DON'T want to tell me I can't come in! Red-haired lady will be having a meltdown in aisle 3!!!

Update: Just called and talked to my local club manager. She assured me that anyone with Business or Plus memberships would be admitted.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get 5 of these phones on a T-Mobile family plan??
And, can anyone confirm that the ETF is $200 per phone??

Can anyone confirm.

No big deals other than vizio 60 and Samsng S3

Would having a Sam's gift card count???

could i getsprint phone and etf and swapp to veriozn so i could get upgrade fpr 250

I think it depends on your local Sams, the one in my area need to be a PLUS or BUSINESS member and with invitation together in order to get in.

FWIW, I just talked to the mobile phone rep at our local Sam's Club and here's what I was told:
1. You have to have the invite to get into the VIP event.
2. They will guarantee that if you are there during the sale hours you will get an S3 phone at the .96 price.
3. If there are so many people they cannot get to everyone, you will be given a ticket to make an appointment to come back to the store sometime before Wed., Nov. 21 closing time to buy and set up the new phone. Your name will be put on a phone on Sunday during the sale.
4. The price is good for new or existing customers (due for renewal) with a 2-yr. service agreement.
5. They will also waive the upgrade fee, which will supposedly appear on your bill, but there will then be a credit for it also.

I'm sure I forgot something, but this is great news and will eliminate the need to get there early and try to be one of the first in line. You will get a phone at that price as long as you are there during the 8-10pm VIP event.

Hope this helps!

I called ATT and told them about the deal at Sams and they said they would match or beat the price at Sams .so they are sending me the GLaxy III at no cost . Over night shipping . Can't beat that !

Upgrade membership today and downgrade tomorrow, if interested to attedn!

dontcare4myname said:   Upgrade membership today and downgrade tomorrow, if interested to attedn!

You then will be in their black list.... lol

ad also mentions that Apple accessories are 50% off. Does anyone know what this includes?

can anyone comment on the diamond bracelet? Is that a good deal or regular price? I owe my wife a good gift this year since I was on EDD last christmas.

Does Sam's Club charges activation fee for T-Mobile?

What a waste. Stood there in a non-moving line for an hour. Then they finally get around to tell us they are already out of phones and won't honor the price later. They wouldn't confirm or deny the price on BF. Hope they have more phones then.

Sleftridge7 are you pulling my leg? the cost of the phone on Att's website is 199.99

I heard they will offer the same on BF, It will be offered for a $1 instead of 96 cents.

Make sure to check if the store you are going to supports your carrier....TMobile is not supported in every store.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014