• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples has the Toshiba Canvio 3.0 1TB Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive (Silver) selling for $139.99. Bestbuy has the same drive selling for $89.99. You can find a $50 off Staples Rewards coupon in your staplesrewardscenter.com account. Check in your Rewards account and look under Coupon Wallet. So you can do a price match to Best Buy for $89.99 at a Staples store and then apply the $50 Toshiba Canvio coupon, the coupon code number is 47901. This coupon will expire today. The final price is $139.99 - $50 (price match to Best Buy) - $50 (Staples Rewards in Coupon Wallet) = $39.99 + tax.

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Toshiba HDTC610XS3B1
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Been down this rode before, will not work in Martinsburg, WV, they will only do one or the other not both. I would like... (more)

Kerroj (Nov. 11, 2012 @ 2:31p) |

Tigard and Tualatin OR. No shot.

Rahmat (Nov. 11, 2012 @ 8:44p) |

For those that read this, and want the number to call themselves to veryify - he was bluffing. Call Staples corporate, t... (more)

VirtuaL (Nov. 12, 2012 @ 5:41a) |

Here is the Staples coupon, but they will not pricematch with BB

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/BQmMOCB7SHGCB8vAEFNs$bdYs4/c...
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

MOST store are Match OR coupon
NOT Both

Yes, this deal is HIGHLY YMMV.

Has the OP actually done this deal, or is it theoretical at this point?

I'd like to hear some success stories.

is there an Ad or something showing the price at Best Buy ?

anyplace said:   MOST store are Match OR coupon
NOT Both

I guess it depends on the store. I have purchased two drives from different stores without any problem before posting it.

littleswallow said:   anyplace said:   MOST store are Match OR coupon
NOT Both

I guess it depends on the store. I have purchased two drives from different stores without any problem before posting it.

Would printout from BB work, or do we need to have physical ad while price matching.

MysteriousGirl said:   littleswallow said:   anyplace said:   MOST store are Match OR coupon
NOT Both

Would printout from BB work, or do we need to have physical ad while price matching.

I used a printout from BB's web site. Some stores may require an actual flyer.

Worked for me, thanks OP.

Worked for me as well.Thank

Worked for me as well.Thank

sanjeevsi said:   Worked for me as well.Thank

So you got the PM where the manager had to come in and put in their code for it to accept the PM and once the manager left you handed the cashier the coupon to scan? Did the cashier balk to scanning it at first or say if they had to talk to the manager or they took it with no issues?

What did you use for the PM...printout or showed the priduct page of BB on your phone?

worked for me. Thanks, OP.
I handed the coupon to cashier after manager came in and did the PM. It went through fine. I used a printout.

Got one thanks

>Shows up on Best Buy's web site at $139.99
>
>Whats up??

Sorry I see it now

VirtuaL said:   Yes, this deal is HIGHLY YMMV.

Has the OP actually done this deal, or is it theoretical at this point?

I'd like to hear some success stories.

In my experience, the easiest way to do one of these type deals is to just memorize the coupon code and after the manager does their thing tell the cashier you have a coupon code and just tell them the 5 digit number and have them key it in. Sometimes when you hand them the coupon they spend 5 minutes reading it and looking for a reason not to enter it, which drives me crazy

Good luck to those folks that will allow both promos to be honored. The stores I go to are really sticklers, the
chance of getting a good deal is 1 out of 200 visits, if you are lucky.

got it thanks

Shot Down in Florida

After the price match. I offered the coupon to the cashier.
She called the manager again, he told her to call some number and ask if they could honor both discounts.
The person on the phone told her she had to apply the coupon first then price match.

They were nice people, I told them no thanks.

South Bay Area California will not grant this offer. They will not apply coupon with price match.

Oh we'll, I went directly to best buy and use the Staples coupon and done
42.xx
No hassle for price match and coupon
BB is getting better this year

Took apart one of these last month from Staples when they had it for $80. The interal drive is unfortunately one of those USBs on the board. No native SATA. The only native SATA I've found so far is the Seagate Backup Plus.. and that's because it has a detachable SATA to USB adapter.

can you explain how it worked with bb?

they already have discunted price

so how did you reach 42.xx

do you receipt scan ?

Denied in San Rafael, CA. One of you beat me there and didn't share your results. Get off my turf

Staples policy regarding price match is that it includes all available coupons. If done correctly, you will not pay less than the competitor price.

Denied in both Wheeling, Glenview, Rolling Meadows, and Palatine IL.

EXPRESSO said:   can you explain how it worked with bb?

they already have discunted price

so how did you reach 42.xx

do you receipt scan ?

I went to the clerk at the checkout counter and he said he has to ask his mgr and when mgr came in, she checked the coupon and said its for the Staples rewards, I said, so what, Staples rewards is same as bestbuy rewards and I should be able to use the coupon (its not a price match), if you deny it will go next door to Staples and buy it there, I am giving a chance to Best Buy for my business, its upto you (yes/no). She said Yes and all done, took less than 5 mins to get-in and out.
I am driving back home, will post the scan when I get home.

Worked for me in Irving, TX. I saw price on BB web site in my smart phone and the person in Staples immeditely checked price on BB as well and applied price match. With that I gave him my printed rewardcenter coupon and he accepted it as well. Final PRice $39.99+Tax

It worked for me on the south side of Indianapolis. I just verbally gave them the 47901 coupon code only after the PM. No chance for the cashier to come up with an excuse to get out of the deal.

Got one at Rowland hieght, CA! Went to West Covina and told sold out last one an hr ago! The associate gave me a funny smile! Seems like he knew! Good luck to everyone!

Also denied in Willowbrook, IL

Got one in Savannah GA. Cashier called the Mgr over for the PM, which she scolded the cashier for not verifying stock on the price match (since i had just pulled the ad on my ipod), but then told her to ring it up anyways. Then after the mgr left i offered the coupon and the cashier tried to deny me, to which I just said simply, I called Staples premier corporate and verified i could used both the PM and coupon (which I did, and they told me ok) and she just shrugged and put it in.

Thank goodness for cashier that dont care, it makes life easier.

Huge YMMV. Used to be good in 2003-2004. Not anymore. Good old fatwallet days.

It worked in Newark, DE. I had 3 Staples gift cards (which were $15 for $7.5 or something at Saveology) so final price is like $17.49 for me.
First price match I did ever and didn't believe I could pull it off

Thanks, OP for the EXTREMELY HOT DEAL. Keep them coming.

got one at Staples in southern cal

amitshah22000 said:   Thanks, OP for the EXTREMELY HOT DEAL. Keep them coming.

OP just ripped it from that other deal site.

I'm surprised to hear so many were successful with this! I unfortunately got shot down. Hoping for a similar deal come black friday.

corpse101 said:   Got one in Savannah GA. Cashier called the Mgr over for the PM, which she scolded the cashier for not verifying stock on the price match (since i had just pulled the ad on my ipod), but then told her to ring it up anyways. Then after the mgr left i offered the coupon and the cashier tried to deny me, to which I just said simply, I called Staples premier corporate and verified i could used both the PM and coupon (which I did, and they told me ok) and she just shrugged and put it in.

What is the phone number that u called to, I would like to call and complain. Not in particular to this deal, but in general my store has As.H0_e staff and they always I mean literally always try to give some or the other crap.

Skipping 9 Messages...
corpse101 said:   Then after the mgr left i offered the coupon and the cashier tried to deny me, to which I just said simply, I called Staples premier corporate and verified i could used both the PM and coupon (which I did, and they told me ok) and she just shrugged and put it in.

For those that read this, and want the number to call themselves to veryify - he was bluffing. Call Staples corporate, they are supposed to apply coupons before PM, so that the final price EQUALS competitor's price, not substantially below it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014