Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7" NEW $170 shipped

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" New shipped $169.99 at Buy.com.

LINK

Rakuten.com Shopping
Need a Rakuten.com Shopping coupon that earns Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7" (34.75kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Is there any reason to buy this over a 16gb Nexus 7?

Syrinxcs said:   Is there any reason to buy this over a 16gb Nexus 7?

Galaxy Tab 2 has a rear facing camera if that interests you. Expandable memory as well and cheaper. However the screen is not as good and Ice Cream Sandwich instead of Jelly Bean, I would probably just get the Nexus 7.

I bought the Tab 2 based on the expandable memory option (micro SD card - I use a 32gb one) that the Nexus does not have. It's great for storing pictures and music and such, but you cannot move apps to the SD card, which is very disappointing to me. Overall though, I love my Tab 2.

I bought a Galaxy Nexus mainly because it's a Quad Core VS a Dual Core for the Galaxy Tab 2 and the Nexus 7 has a better video display 1280 X 720 VS 1024 X 600 for the Galaxy Tab 2.

dawndelion said:   I bought the Tab 2 based on the expandable memory option (micro SD card - I use a 32gb one) that the Nexus does not have. It's great for storing pictures and music and such, but you cannot move apps to the SD card, which is very disappointing to me. Overall though, I love my Tab 2.

Just root if you want to move apps to SD...

I'd like the rear-facing camera and expandable storage, but the nexus crushes it with processor and screen stats, to say nothing of vanilla android and easy updates sans waiting with no bloatware. This would have to be $129 at this point for me to go for it over the nexus but I think it's worth consideration.

Nikko222 said:   I bought a Galaxy Nexus mainly because it's a Quad Core VS a Dual Core for the Galaxy Tab 2 and the Nexus 7 has a better video display 1280 X 720 VS 1024 X 600 for the Galaxy Tab 2.

There is a downside to high resolution though. If the resolution is very high on a small display, it can become difficult to read the resulting small text. In addition, it also becomes much more difficult to precisely touch the screen in the spot you want. Taken from a search engine.

This is a great tab. I pre-ordered on Amazon when it first came out for around 249.99?
After using it for the past few months ; I love it for its response time and the expandable memory - man I so wish Nexus has sd slot.

mentalboy76 said:    man I so wish Nexus has sd slot.
I guess you can add extra memory (flash drive etc.) using USB OTG cable.

This is a Consumer Reports Best Buy.

CR's Take

This is among the best choices for a smaller tablet, and it's very competitively priced. It's lightweight with long battery life. The content market has a lot to offer, with a useful Media Hub and a good selection of movies and music.

Highs
Very good display quality
Voice-typing feature
Can be a remote control for TVs or other A-V devices
GPS mapping
Screen uses high-durability "Gorilla glass"
File manager preinstalled
Full access to the Google app market
At $250, relatively inexpensive

Lows
No camera flash

ohrama said:   mentalboy76 said:    man I so wish Nexus has sd slot.
I guess you can add extra memory (flash drive etc.) using USB OTG cable.

Problem is not just some extra memory, but convenience of use.
You don't have to juggle with the files if i.e. you have all your music and some audio books and photos and then you want to add video temporarily to watch in the gym, and you don't have enough room.

And, extra external memory via OTG cable - not really convenient and drain battery power, I believe.

I have Nexus and thinking on exchanging it for Galaxy 2 ... or not

Do we have one fifty any retailers at one fifty c'mon you can do it lol

Folk

which tab will let you listen to text-to-speech documents on bluetooth? even if i have to root it

Price is now $212.99.

Was it a mistake or did some get it at that price?

FWIW this is available at WalMart for $199, down from $249, not so hot and as a refurb for $149, pretty warm. Still hoping to see new for $170 or so again this year.

Tab 2 New

Tab 2 Refurb

badboi said:   Do we have one fifty any retailers at one fifty c'mon you can do it lol
Refurb yes. New? Not likely this year.

Ordered 1 last night after I just happened to see the deal. Thanks, OP! Had been planning to wait until Costco's after Thanksgiving sale to pick one up for the same price, but this saves me the sales tax.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014