• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There's a lot of Sears appliance deals out there but I wanted to share one I just did!

Kenmore Elite 27.6 cu ft french door bottom freezer with in-door ice/water dispenser. Available in 5 colors for same price. Spec sheet PDF

Direct link to Sears website for each color:
White
Stainless
Ultra satin
Black
Yuck!

$3179.99 Regular price (it's ALWAYS on sale, so it never sells for this price)
$1799.99 sale price, less:
-$180.00 Family & Friends! EXTRA 10% off Appliances & Vacuums Sold by Sears! Valid thru 11/13 8am CT
-$35.00 with coupon SEARS35OFF300AFFILIATEDEALS
-$50.00 with Shop Your Way Rewards (SYWR) coupon
(Details for both coupons are posted by Butcherboy in another Sears FW post Link to Butcherboy post with coupon info
$1534.99 pre-tax

Also, don't forget 5% FW CashBack : FW Cashback

Pickup is free, Sears charges for shipping but I ordered using the online chat and they offered me free shipping and also applied all above codes and my SYWR points so I went for it. Buy online, it's the quickest. I spent almost an hour chatting with them but I had to cancel my order I placed 2 days ago to re-order and wanted to make sure everything went ok.

This is a rebadged LG model (LG model link) but with a different control panel. I feel that the Kenmore Elite model's control panel and dispenser controls are actually nicer than the LG. LG has a funky 2 lever dispenser that confuses first time users, Sears is a single lever dispenser.

Fridge shelves are well built, glass slide outs. They don't have the folding half shelf for taller bottles but you can buy a folding half shelf from the next model up (31 cu ft) as a spare part if you absolutely need it.

Freezer is a two level, has an auto slide out upper drawer which bumps out a few inches, so it doesn't obstruct the bottom drawer every time you slide it open. Shelves are plastic (not wire), top drawer has a clear plastic front.

I've been researching this model for months and have checked them out in person, in store, so I know they are identical.
I even downloaded the Kenmore Elite service manual and confirmed the internal parts, including compressor, are indeed LG.
Service Manual link
(If you buy this, do yourself a favor and download the service manual ... may come in handy down the road for simple DIY repairs)

Pros:
+ French door, bottom freezer. Wide shelves vs. side-by-side.
+ Slim, in-door ice-maker doesn't take up room in the actual fridge.
+ LG variable compressor ... highly rated vs a standard compressor.

Cons:
- Slim, in-door ice-maker reviews indicate ice production to be SLOW! Also, some failures reported around 2 years or so. YMMV.
- Crisper drawers require BOTH french doors to be opened when opening either side, vs. Samsung models where you can open just one door to access either drawer. Minor observation.

This is probably the best deal for a fairly large french door refrigerator with all the bells and whistles for a little over $1500.

I'm planning to buy an extended warranty via Squaretrade.
Normal price is $149.99/$299.99 for 3/5 years but I signed up for the 40% off coupon (up to $40 off) by liking their FB page so it would be $109.99/$259.99 for 3/5 years.
You can purchase a Squaretrade warranty within 30 days of your appliance purchase, so should be all set and it'll give me peace of mind in case the ice maker breaks down the road
Squaretrade warranty starts from date of purchase, so you basically get 2 or 4 additional years depending on which plan you get.

Sears
See Sears discounts that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Kenmore Elite 27.6 cu ft (7.60kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

FYI, Squaretrade 40% warranty deal is only good for a maximum of $40 off. Read their fine print. They never take off more $$ than the %% off (30% off $30 max etc). Best deal is pay with AMEX for an additional year for free.

Users who have submitted their emails will receive their coupon codes via email on November 16th, 2012. Coupon Codes will be valid for 40% off (up to a maximum of $40) warranties purchased at www.squaretrade.com by U.S. residents through December 31st, 2012.

MisterEd said:   FYI, Squaretrade 40% warranty deal is only good for a maximum of $40 off. Read their fine print. They never take off more $$ than the %% off (30% off $30 max etc). Best deal is pay with AMEX for an additional year for free.

Users who have submitted their emails will receive their coupon codes via email on November 16th, 2012. Coupon Codes will be valid for 40% off (up to a maximum of $40) warranties purchased at www.squaretrade.com by U.S. residents through December 31st, 2012.

Thanks MisterEd, I completely missed that in the fine print. Oh well, I'll have to think about whether I want to get it or not.
I bought it with a Visa which also gives me an additional year, so I have at least that.

Green 'cause I just bought it. Thanks.

MisterEd said:   Green 'cause I just bought it. Thanks.

Awesome! Mine's going to be delivered on the 21st, gives me time to move the old fridge out of the way.

There is another 5% price drop today on the F&F deal. Call Sears for refund.

I do not see this on sale for $1799? What am I missing?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014