Media Control Function Keys
6-cell Li-ion Battery (6000 mAh)
Warranty 1 Year Limited

Member Summary

Acer AS4830T-6452
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
So tempting to buy, are the BF deal better than this one?

whoisyourdady (Nov. 12, 2012 @ 5:06p) |

Something's off here. Either Fry's is listing the wrong model number, or has the specs wrong.

According to This Amazon se... (more)

exbat (Nov. 13, 2012 @ 5:12a) |

now $480

leenga (Nov. 16, 2012 @ 7:41a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a good looking lappy.

meh

I had the 15" version of this model to got over 5 hours of battery life. It was a great computer. Not as slim and light as my Ultrabook but that is really nice for the price. Mine got completely submerged in the trunk of my car.

I don't believe this has a dedicated numeric keypad - it's a 14" laptop.

VaporGuy said:   I don't believe this has a dedicated numeric keypad - it's a 14" laptop.

It actually appears to have one.

Either way, green for you op - sub 400, I3, 6gb, bluetooth, hdmi, usb3 - A damn nice laptop, and the timeline series has always gotten excellent battery life.

This is a great deal in my opinion. The 14" is always more expensive than the 15.6" and you get 6GB instead of 4GB. I'm in the minority not wanting the key pad because I never use it and like the 14" compact version. I've been looking for a month and so far OP have been posting a lot of good deals but haven't pull the trigger because black Friday is coming close. I have not seen any i3 3rd gen for this price so far. Keep up with the good work OP. I'm looking forward to more "El Linko" posting...

Sure got quite in here. LOL

badboi said:   

Linkski

In-store only.

Everyone can get the OPs deal.

Gud Spellur always posts good laptop deals.

badboi said:   Sure got quite in hear. LOL

got quite what? Quiet?

hahahaha jk jk but its Not a bad deal you posted, but still its a larger machine, with no USB3.0 afaik.

The "in store only" part is irrelevant. This isn't the same class of laptop as the Fry's deal. The Acer Timeline has about 2X the battery life of the 3rd gen you linked to and will be lighter/thinner also. You need to compare apples to apples.

Is it a better deal than the BB Asus i5/4G/500GB/win 8/$450 deal?

What's the weight on this gem?

Good Deal.
Newegg was selling a similar Acer model No "AS4830T-6678" for 399.99 up until Sept.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215397

The GPU here is NOT much for gaming... be aware.

Kasio said:   What's the weight on this gem?
4.78 pounds

Please share the model/store of the $499 Ultrabook.

guysippel said:   Looks like some better deals for laptops are coming around on Black Friday ... it's probably worth the wait. Saw an Ultrabook for $499

Great deal. Thanks for taking time to share this particular deal. I wanna buy one for my young sister.

My husband plays flight simulator games. Would the computer be good for that or do you have any suggestions on what to look for when buying a computer for him. I'm looking to pay between $300-$450. =Thanks

got 1 thank you , nice price for a 14 incher with 6 gb memory. 15.6 inch models are too big for my taste. thank you OP.

Just ordered one. Green to OP!

I hope Lenovo or Dell don't have any crazy Black Friday deals to down fall this slick one. Oh, here's the video that made up my mind-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4AEqG1X6_E

now: "Shipping: Available In-Store Only"

badboi said:   DesiVibe said:   

I am going to call you on this. Please show us a laptop with similar specs and 3rd Generation I3 for the price. Remember the battery life on this computer

Linkski

It has less RAM and no Bluetooth.

bosbeemer said:   badboi said:   DesiVibe said:   

I am going to call you on this. Please show us a laptop with similar specs and 3rd Generation I3 for the price. Remember the battery life on this computer

Linkski

And no USB 3.0 and was never available for shipping despite what he is trying to claim.

Next he will be telling us about the i5 at $300 dollars last BF that never existed that makes this a bad deal...

Be careful who you take deal advice from on here, many people have no idea what they are talking about.

Im looking for something that I can download,surf and transfer files all at the same time. I have a decent internet connection but my current laptop seems slow and cant handle it. Is it because of what Im trying to do or the computer? Its a p6200 dual core with 8gb of memory.

Did you guys pay for shipping? I got my invoice with something like $11 for shipping but I swear during checkout there was a free shipping discount. Just wondering if I'm nuts before I try and call to dispute.

willdieh said:   Did you guys pay for shipping? I got my invoice with something like $11 for shipping but I swear during checkout there was a free shipping discount. Just wondering if I'm nuts before I try and call to dispute.

I paid ~ $11 for shipping. I didn't see anything about free shipping when I checked out.

GudSpellur said:   bosbeemer said:   badboi said:   DesiVibe said:   

Linkski

And no USB 3.0 and was never available for shipping despite what he is trying to claim.

Next he will be telling us about the i5 at $300 dollars last BF that never existed that makes this a bad deal...

Be careful who you take deal advice from on here, many people have no idea what they are talking about.

Gud you lost get over it and stop wasting my time.

badboi said:   GudSpellur said:   bosbeemer said:   badboi said:   DesiVibe said:   

Linkski

Gud you lost get over it and stop wasting my time.

Still no links though huh?

If I lost why do your remarks have so much red and this deal so much green?

So tempting to buy, are the BF deal better than this one?

AS4830T-6452
Disclaimer
Something's off here. Either Fry's is listing the wrong model number, or has the specs wrong.

According to This Amazon seller and This comparo on Techcrunch the Acer AS4830T-6452 has no dedicated keyboard and no bluetooth. (The similar 4GB AS4830T-6443 model DOES have bluetooth.) Discussion on SD from an earlier Staples deal on this model confirms no bluetooth. Acer no longer lists this model in its active product line and the user guide available for download is just a generic Aspire one.

Can someone who has purchased this from Fry's please let us know if bluetooth and a dedicated keyboard are actually included?

now $480

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014