• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Home Depot $5 off with PayPal (29.77kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Somebody has to go first. Since you're asking, how about you. Be sure to let us know if it works.

labboypro (Nov. 14, 2012 @ 10:43a) |

i tried this deal at HD 2 hrs ago... went to the checkout line and didn't know what my pass code was... lame. so where d... (more)

viewsonic041 (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 1:02a) |

I bought salt for my softener and it worked like a charm. Got an email and text confirmation with the grand total - $5.... (more)

isjka (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 1:22p) |

Staff Summary

Should note OP...this is for Non-Business accounts.

It looks like you have to have a mobile phone to sign up for this offer. I am a little confused as to how this offer works.

Home Depot allows you to check out by Paypal. You have to sign up for this on Paypal's website and decide how to fund it (i.e. credit card). Under normal circumstances I see no advantage to this, however purchases that come through Paypal will show up as online purchases for the purposes of Discover 5% this category, once you sign up for Paypal checkout you can sign up for this offer and you'll automatically get 5% + $5 off. Its a good deal at the moment.

Sign up for PayPal In-Store Checkout here: https://www.paypal-promo.com/anywhere/desktop/

They'll ship you a debit card to use in conjunction with the mobile app, or you can use your mobile number + pin number.

When i try to sign up and get the card sent to me, the continue button is deactivated, but I do see this offer listed in my Pay Pal account. One thing I noticed though is that this offer ends November 18, 2012, so I think I will pass as there is no way I would get the Pay Pal payment card sent to me in time to take advantage of the offer.

Are there any more offers we can take advantage of at the handful of B&M stores that accept PayPal?

Remember PayPal offer price matching and return shipping during the holiday season as well.

MrVietnam said:   It looks like you have to have a mobile phone to sign up for this offer. I am a little confused as to how this offer works.
You swipe your paypal card at the checkout in Home Depot and paypal will credit you back $5 into your paypal account. Its not actually $5 off at the store.

Trickracen said:   MrVietnam said:   It looks like you have to have a mobile phone to sign up for this offer. I am a little confused as to how this offer works.
You swipe your paypal card at the checkout in Home Depot and paypal will credit you back $5 into your paypal account. Its not actually $5 off at the store.

Actually, you don't have to use the PP CC. All I did on the previous 2 Home Depot deals (the $15/15 and the $10/10 offers) was type in my PP-linked phone number and PIN (see earlier link on setting this up), and walked out the door. Within seconds, I received a text message showing how much I actually paid with my PP account-- ie, approx $0.00 each transaction, since I only bought to the dollars-off amount to maximize the deals. For this $5/25 deal, buy $25 in goods, type in your phone and pin, walk out the door... you will have paid $5 less than the register rang up.

I've been using PP at Home Depot for months now - really loving it. Phone number, pin and walk out. Couldn't be easier.

I added the offer to my account, but when I go to the link to set up in-store checkout, it just brings me to my account main page.

Has anyone been able to use this @ HomeDepot.com, as opposed to in store? You can checkout with Paypal online, but the offer says to use 'in store'. Just wondering if anyone has attempted it yet.

fr said:   I added the offer to my account, but when I go to the link to set up in-store checkout, it just brings me to my account main page.

To start using PayPal in stores, sign up for in-store checkout. Here's how:

1. Log in to PayPal and go to your Settings.
2. Click Payment Preferences, then select In-store checkout.
3. Set up your PayPal payment card , enter your mobile number, then click Agree and continue.
4. Create a 4-8 digit PIN.
5. Select your in-store payment methods and click Continue.

Worked exactly has outlined above for me this morning. Thank you Paypal and HD.

It is hard to get excited about this after the $50 off $100 coupons I miss those little guys

Matrim33 said:   It is hard to get excited about this after the $50 off $100 coupons I miss those little guys same here. Used 2 of those. That was an incredible deal

there's no reason not to use this in combination with any coupon.

Is it safe to buy GC with this? Don't know if Paypal knows any difference if the purchase is for a GC or for a merchandise.

TT. Wondering if anyone tried buying a 25 buck GC.

mmyk72 said:   TT. Wondering if anyone tried buying a 25 buck GC.

Somebody has to go first. Since you're asking, how about you. Be sure to let us know if it works.

i tried this deal at HD 2 hrs ago... went to the checkout line and didn't know what my pass code was... lame. so where do you get the passcode anyways?

I bought salt for my softener and it worked like a charm. Got an email and text confirmation with the grand total - $5. There should be no reason why it wouldn't work for a gift card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014