• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Condition: New
Packaging: Retail
Warranty: 1 Year
Brand: Samsung
Model: YP-GI1CB/XAA
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great find! the butcher boy gets the meat from the bone!

So is it a phone? I know hit me with red, but I was always told the dumb question is the one you don't ask.

cyberpitstop said:   So is it a phone? I know hit me with red, but I was always told the dumb question is the one you don't ask.
Not a phone, more like competition to iPod.

cyberpitstop said:   So is it a phone? I know hit me with red, but I was always told the dumb question is the one you don't ask.

You can add apps to make this a wifi phone if you wanted (GrooveIP, Vonage Mobile, MagicJack etc...)

It's essentially Samsungs iPod touch, correct?

yes it an mp3 player and video player...with the ability to run android apps from google play......I think you can add bigger mini sd cards.... thats an ipod killer...for me anyway

bozo007 said:   cyberpitstop said:   So is it a phone? I know hit me with red, but I was always told the dumb question is the one you don't ask.
Not a phone, more like competition to iPod.


please....it kicks apple up and down the stairs

Daily Steals WILL steal your money or take a month to ship your item. And when you get it. 50/50 chance it's in good condition. BEWARE. 6.94 out of 10 on resller ratings and dropping. Link

Here's the last 3 reviews:

"Awful company to deal with. About a 25% chance of them responding to your e-mails. Ordered an item on Oct 12th and as of today (Nov. 6th) it has yet to arrive. First I was told there could be some delays in shipments, then company claims it was cancelled yet it's still listed as open and my credit card was never refunded. Company claimed that they needed verification that it was me, when they called I didn't answer, yet I called them back and verified with them back around the 13th or 14th of October. Sadly I purchased orders after that order too and they're all still open as well. No idea if they're going to ship or not. Highly recommend you avoid. "
comment! report? Is this review? Helpful (1) Cool Share

andiamo71 1/5 posted Nov-06-2012

"I purchased a Motorolla Xoom tablet (refurbished) from them. They sent me a heavily damaged, functionally defective, useless tablet. It appears as if it were dropped on more than one occasion. There was even a piece broken off of it. Since this hardly qualifies as 'refurbished' I tried calling them, but was directed to email. I emailed them, and Amy from Dailysteals sent me an email 2 days later apologizing, and asking me to send pictures to assist me further. I emailed her back with the pictures promptly, and never heard from her or anyone else from Dailysteals again! I've since sent two follow up emails referencing my problem, and still no response. It's been a month since my original inquiry. I plan on taking whatever actions I have to through my bank or legally to reclaim the $223.17 Dailysteals has been unrightfully enriched via this transaction."
comment! report? Is this review? Helpful (1) Cool Share

dvzman 1/5 posted Nov-04-2012

"Ordered something for my daughter on 10/8/12 and still haven't received it. Tried emailing them to inquire about my order but never received a response. This was my first time ordering from Dailysteals, and was very hesitant after seeing all the negative reviews, but still did it anyway. I should have known better. Time to take it up directly with my credit card company. Under my account details on the Dailysteals site it doesn't even have my order listed as an open order...I supposedly don't have any pending orders. What a joke."

You can use Skype and various textfree programs to acheive phone voice/text functions over wifi. Skype is about a dime a call to a nonskype phone.

Another option is to buy a used off plan android phone that works with wifi, gets you to the same place and may have other features such as GPS and the ability to convert to a prepay carrier. OK ones run about this much.

Was trying to decide between a refurb ipod 4 or this. Strongly leaning toward this for couple of reasons...has FM radio, microSD expandable to 32 g, and dont' have to deal with itune store.
Thanks, op.

Note: This is a 8GB internal memory unit with a 8GB microSD card bundled. It does not have 16GB native memory.
Display is 800x480. OS is Android v2.3.5. 1GHz single-core CPU per Phonearena.com.
Full specs at Samsung's website. Decent CNET video review.

As pointed out elsewhere on the web, you could opt for a current/late model prepaid phone with similar/better specs.
eBay has a nice looking used Galaxy Player 4.2 right now for $95 shipped.

I'm skeptical about dailysteals, but whoever actually ordered this, tell me how it turns out. I checked the site and the pictures showed were a WHITE Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 and white SGP is actually rare here in the US. However, when I checked the item detail, the model was YP-GI1CB/XAA (B = black), so I wasn't really sure dailysteals will give you a white or black one. More props to whoever ordered it and get the White one.

After researching dailysteals I'm not going to risk it with them, just saw too many people with bad complaints.

Since this has GPS, has anyone successfully used it for navigation?

ChiefBrody said:   Daily Steals WILL steal your money or take a month to ship your item. And when you get it. 50/50 chance it's in good condition. BEWARE. 6.94 out of 10 on resller ratings and dropping. Link Q]

OK, "BEWARE. 6.94 out of 10"
Your Point ?, Please take a look at some of the links below.

Sears
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sears
Kmart
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Kmart
Macys
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Macy_s
Wal-Mart
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Wal-mart_com

Butcherboy said:   ChiefBrody said:   Daily Steals WILL steal your money or take a month to ship your item. And when you get it. 50/50 chance it's in good condition. BEWARE. 6.94 out of 10 on resller ratings and dropping. Link Q]

OK, "BEWARE. 6.94 out of 10"
Your Point ?, Please take a look at some of the links below.

Sears
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sears
Kmart
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Kmart
Macys
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Macy_s
Wal-Mart
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Wal-mart_com


The retail chains you list have very liberal return policies. Some with no questions asked. DailySteals is a Brooklyn based operation run by crooks who ignore return requests as many users have stated. Further. When you purchase something at Macy's that is listed as new, it doesn't come broken and conspicuously used as does many items at DailySteals. That is, if it comes at all. Why? Because unlike all of the stores you list. DS has no inventory. They rely on independent sellers who lie and ship whatever, whenever. To compare these billion dollar industries with DailySteals is a far reach of desperation. Why, I don't know. If you like DS, great. But try to come up with an apples to apples comparison next time.

Samsung is a nice brand which is my favorite. All of my phones are all samsung! Thanks for taking time to share this deal.

ChiefBrody said:   Butcherboy said:   ChiefBrody said:   Daily Steals WILL steal your money or take a month to ship your item. And when you get it. 50/50 chance it's in good condition. BEWARE. 6.94 out of 10 on resller ratings and dropping. Link Q]

OK, "BEWARE. 6.94 out of 10"
Your Point ?, Please take a look at some of the links below.

Sears
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sears
Kmart
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Kmart
Macys
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Macy_s
Wal-Mart
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Wal-mart_com


The retail chains you list have very liberal return policies. Some with no questions asked. DailySteals is a Brooklyn based operation run by crooks who ignore return requests as many users have stated. Further. When you purchase something at Macy's that is listed as new, it doesn't come broken and conspicuously used as does many items at DailySteals. That is, if it comes at all. Why? Because unlike all of the stores you list. DS has no inventory. They rely on independent sellers who lie and ship whatever, whenever. To compare these billion dollar industries with DailySteals is a far reach of desperation. Why, I don't know. If you like DS, great. But try to come up with an apples to apples comparison next time.



You are the one that posted the resellerratings link

D/S 6.94 out of 10

Why do some of these billion dollar industries have a resellerratings 1.00/10 (6-month rating) or less ?
I have also ordered from some of the billion dollar industries and I get all my stuff.

Now I will be the first one that will tell you that most of the so called one deal every day sites ship slow
And I have ordered stuff from D/S, 1 sale and others
I get all my stuff, But if there is a problem, I will send one e-mail after that I will do a credit card chargeback.
To me with some items ( Not All ) it is worth it for the savings.

Butcherboy said:   ChiefBrody said:   Butcherboy said:   ChiefBrody said:   Daily Steals WILL steal your money or take a month to ship your item. And when you get it. 50/50 chance it's in good condition. BEWARE. 6.94 out of 10 on resller ratings and dropping. Link Q]

OK, "BEWARE. 6.94 out of 10"
Your Point ?, Please take a look at some of the links below.

Sears
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sears
Kmart
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Kmart
Macys
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Macy_s
Wal-Mart
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Wal-mart_com


The retail chains you list have very liberal return policies. Some with no questions asked. DailySteals is a Brooklyn based operation run by crooks who ignore return requests as many users have stated. Further. When you purchase something at Macy's that is listed as new, it doesn't come broken and conspicuously used as does many items at DailySteals. That is, if it comes at all. Why? Because unlike all of the stores you list. DS has no inventory. They rely on independent sellers who lie and ship whatever, whenever. To compare these billion dollar industries with DailySteals is a far reach of desperation. Why, I don't know. If you like DS, great. But try to come up with an apples to apples comparison next time.



You are the one that posted the resellerratings link

D/S 6.94 out of 10

Why do some of these billion dollar industries have a resellerratings 1.00/10 (6-month rating) or less ?
I have also ordered from some of the billion dollar industries and I get all my stuff.

Now I will be the first one that will tell you that most of the so called one deal every day sites ship slow
And I have ordered stuff from D/S, 1 sale and others
I get all my stuff, But if there is a problem, I will send one e-mail after that I will do a credit card chargeback.
To me with some items ( Not All ) it is worth it for the savings.


With the stores you site there are many avenues of measure which establishes a level of trust with the consumer. Sears for example has been around for over 100 years. Macy's has their own parade (not the best example WalMart services millions of happy customers which is why they are the largest retailer in the world. All of them have reputations bigger than life. DS has none of that. Reseller ratings is only one of a handful of places that has a window into DS's operations. So..I presented what's available. I'm not saying these big stores don't have problems; they do. But they all have an established level of trust through reputation and they have their own inventory. DS lacks both. I believe this is the biggest problem with DS and is what differentiates it from other retail models. But I do agree, their prices are incredible and for some, me included until I was burned twice, it's worth the gamble.

Butcher, you and I have been around here a long time. You have probably contributed more to FW than any other user and I appreciate it and have high respect for your posts. I also, don't mind a good debate once in a while



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014