Nexus 4 $299/$349 @ Google play **LIVE NOW**

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
This phone will be sold out in minutes...

Someone wrote a python script that alerts you of the page change

Credit goes to the poster BCvisin.

Link http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/224279-python-sc...

Can someone make an EXE file?

Alert.EXE email@someone.com

Is the extra 8gb for $50 worth it? Having a hard time deciding how likely it is to make a difference..

RockLegend said:   This phone will be sold out in minutes...

perhaps, but I don't see what the rush is

it still just a phone --- I can wait a few weeks to see how the market shakes out

Would one be able to attach a USB drive via an OTG cable as one can with the Nexus 7? Is it too early to tell? Might take care of the no-SD card issue for music storage so it could work for me

Release date: 11/13 at 9AM PST

No midnight availability. Thanks for having me stay up OP. Waste of time.

RockLegend said:   Release date: 11/13 at 9AM PST

Where did you get that information?

dame it waste of my time

Dont see it.... any guess if this will be in some other time zone? HST ?!

I saw this post before on some other forums, seems like it's really popular

Thanks for sharing this deal. I wanna get the 16GB for my young brother and 8 GB for myself.

homer5150 said:   These things are going to sell for 600 euro over here in Europe. Crazy.

come on, do some investigation before this *funny* comment. It is 299/349 euros, tax (usually 20%) included.

Any idea if this will work on PagePlus (Verizon Wireless Network)

No, it will not work on Pageplus. You need a GSM (but any) GSM network: tmobile, at&t, Straight Talk, ect.

did this and the nexus 7 sell out or never release at 12am pst

Does it work with T-Mobile 4G? I was told T-Mobile HSPA+ is same as t0mobile 4G. My question is can I use my $30 unlimited data text plan with this phone?

GeekOnDope said:   
Well, it's not as absurd as waiting in line in the freezing weather for an iphone. But I guess Nexus fans are just not as devoted. ;P

Fan and Fanatics are not the same.

Ravi3100 said:   Does it work with T-Mobile 4G? I was told T-Mobile HSPA+ is same as t0mobile 4G. My question is can I use my $30 unlimited data text plan with this phone?Yes, this plan will work. It takes a micro sim.

Just noticed the new bumpers in the list of accessories. I guess this is going to be a trend of solving phone design problems with bumpers? LOL. I wonder if the combination of this bumper and some sort of sticky clear film will provide adequate protection against most drops.

I have also heard Staples will be carrying these units instore.

Other Stores

I have also heard Staples will be carrying these units instore.

Other Stores

walletwang said:   homer5150 said:   These things are going to sell for 600 euro over here in Europe. Crazy.

come on, do some investigation before this *funny* comment. It is 299/349 euros, tax (usually 20%) included.

My apologies, maybe it's only in Spain then. LG Pricing in Spain

The article also states Belgium (where I live) will probably fall in line with other European retailers. Germany has already announced it will be 395 euros ($500 as of today)

The $30 Tmobile plan says they want an extra $15 per month for tethering. I don't use tethering often on my $25/month grandfathered Virgin Mobile android phone, but I do use it, and it does work well when needed.

Is it safe to assume that I can tether this phone, in spite of not paying the $15/month, by using Quick Settings or another similar app? I really only use tethering in "emergency" situations such as when my home internet goes down and I need to send a few emails off my computer.

I'm sure Tmobile might decide to ban my account for doing this, but if I don't abuse it, it shouldn't be likely.

Also, if they do ban me, I can presumably just get a new SIM and put that in my phone on a new account. Unlike a CDMA phone, the ESN shouldn't get locked to my banned account.

Anyone know?

ubermichaelthomas said:   The $30 Tmobile plan says they want an extra $15 per month for tethering. I don't use tethering often on my $25/month grandfathered Virgin Mobile android phone, but I do use it, and it does work well when needed.

Is it safe to assume that I can tether this phone, in spite of not paying the $15/month, by using Quick Settings or another similar app? I really only use tethering in "emergency" situations such as when my home internet goes down and I need to send a few emails off my computer.

I'm sure Tmobile might decide to ban my account for doing this, but if I don't abuse it, it shouldn't be likely.

Also, if they do ban me, I can presumably just get a new SIM and put that in my phone on a new account. Unlike a CDMA phone, the ESN shouldn't get locked to my banned account.

Anyone know?

Most of the recent problems seem to be from Samsung and ICS. From what I've read there will probably not be a problem with the Google Nexus and using something like FoxFi or another tethering app.

bjork73 said:   Would one be able to attach a USB drive via an OTG cable as one can with the Nexus 7? Is it too early to tell? Might take care of the no-SD card issue for music storage so it could work for me

Yes

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33543879

ubermichaelthomas said:   The $30 Tmobile plan says they want an extra $15 per month for tethering. I don't use tethering often on my $25/month grandfathered Virgin Mobile android phone, but I do use it, and it does work well when needed.

Anyone know?

Yes you will be able to tether. I use my rooted tmobile phone to tether my Nexus 7.
In this scenario I don't see how you can get caught - any traffic inspection they are going to do will inidcate android type browser and traffic.
For laptop tethering I do an SSL or VPN link layer so the traffic is encrypted so again no windows browser identifiers...

WarrenBuffet said:   Is the extra 8gb for $50 worth it? Having a hard time deciding how likely it is to make a difference..

In this case yes, unless you are a very basic user.
2-3gb is used up by the OS
so the 8gb has ~5 gb free and the 16 gb has 13gb free.

Also - highly probable that in <6 months time Google upgrades N4 the models to 16gb and 32gb choices just like it did with the N7.

imatechie said:   jucus said:   imatechie said:   Nexus 4 will be available midnight PST. I had called them a few days back to see if I can pre-order and not having to be awake at 3 in the morning. The rep said they have enough supplies and pre-orders were not possible.

LOL, up during midnight for Nexus phones?

Sure don't want to miss this.

Paranoid nerd....Nexus 4 is nice...but it won't sell out....it's not iPhone....it's LG that will be outdated at end of 2013 due to lack of LTE...will have tp spend money again for LTE upgrade next year.

I am waiting for unlocked LTE version of Note 2 go on a sale.

docjoo said:   imatechie said:   jucus said:   imatechie said:   Nexus 4 will be available midnight PST. I had called them a few days back to see if I can pre-order and not having to be awake at 3 in the morning. The rep said they have enough supplies and pre-orders were not possible.

Paranoid nerd....Nexus 4 is nice...but it won't sell out....it's not iPhone....it's LG that will be outdated at end of 2013 due to lack of LTE...will have tp spend money again for LTE upgrade next year.

Oh, I think not.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57548814-94/nexus-4-sells-out-i...

docjoo said:   imatechie said:   jucus said:   imatechie said:   Nexus 4 will be available midnight PST. I had called them a few days back to see if I can pre-order and not having to be awake at 3 in the morning. The rep said they have enough supplies and pre-orders were not possible.

Yeah, perhaps it's just those crazy Brits... Nexus 4 Sold out

Granted, LTE is few and far between in Europe right now.

Has it already sold out in the US, or is it going on sale at noon EST (9 PST) today?

coolbreeze said:   No midnight availability. Thanks for having me stay up OP. Waste of time.

Why would you stay up to order LG phone? People in Korea would be rolling on floor if they knew you would stay up all night to wait for LG phone. LG phone gets no respect in Korea....just like it will be here. There will be no shortage...so wait for T-Mobile stores to carry it in their store this weekend. Play with it before you get buyer's remorse.

homer5150 said:   docjoo said:   imatechie said:   jucus said:   imatechie said:   Nexus 4 will be available midnight PST. I had called them a few days back to see if I can pre-order and not having to be awake at 3 in the morning. The rep said they have enough supplies and pre-orders were not possible.

Once people get a taste of LTE service, non LTE phones will depreciate very quickly.

germanpope said:   RockLegend said:   This phone will be sold out in minutes...

perhaps, but I don't see what the rush is

it still just a phone --- I can wait a few weeks to see how the market shakes out

Exactly ...not sure, why would I want to make me go through this rush. I would rather wait for some feedback. As you said, it's a phone; I can wait few more weeks; if it's not available right away, when I decide to buy.

docjoo said:   homer5150 said:   docjoo said:   imatechie said:   jucus said:   imatechie said:   Nexus 4 will be available midnight PST. I had called them a few days back to see if I can pre-order and not having to be awake at 3 in the morning. The rep said they have enough supplies and pre-orders were not possible.

Once people get a taste of LTE service, non LTE phones will depreciate very quickly.
Meh. Depends.
I am more than happy with my Galaxy Nexus and paying $28.50 a month (after 5% discount) for 100 minutes, unlimited text and 5GB 4G data.
Dont see the point of having LTE when I am able to watch HD youtube videos without buffereing just fine with 4G.

RockLegend said:   This phone will be sold out in minutes...

Very optimistic...but don't bet on it. I have seen how fast LTE is compared to 3G...People who have experienced LTE will not get non LTE phone. This phone would have been a hit in 2011, but in 2013 it will be a value phone...price will drop to $249 or less. Not having LTE will hurt sales in 2013.

docjoo said:   RockLegend said:   This phone will be sold out in minutes...

Very optimistic...but don't bet on it. I have seen how fast LTE is compared to 3G...People who have experienced LTE will not get non LTE phone. This phone would have been a hit in 2011, but in 2013 it will be a value phone...price will drop to $249 or less. Not having LTE will hurt sales in 2013.
Pure BS. iphone 4S didnt have LTE.. yet it sold like hot cakes.
having LTE will not matter much.

Yo Ma-Ma said:   docjoo said:   imatechie said:   jucus said:   imatechie said:   Nexus 4 will be available midnight PST. I had called them a few days back to see if I can pre-order and not having to be awake at 3 in the morning. The rep said they have enough supplies and pre-orders were not possible.

Oh, I think not.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57548814-94/nexus-4-sells-out-i...

Read the article carefully...only 8gb version sold out because of value price. However, the article doesn't say how many 8gb version was available for sale. From what I read, Google does not make too much profit on 8gb version and therefore, google may have made more of 16gb version. Regardless, LTE network is not set up in UK....so this phone should be more popular in Europe. Mark my words...this phone will be $249 in 6 months for US consumers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014