Lifetime Cash Back:

Nexus 4 $299/$349 @ Google play **LIVE NOW**

16 of 27
docjoo
11/13/12 10:19 AM
imatechie said:   

KayK said:   

docjoo said:   

Lol! Go to Korea and Japan. It's all LTE.We are finally catching up. Europe is behind. My old HTC Touch Pro 2 is a world phone....iPhone 4s is a world phone....but to most consumers...they don't need a world phone....they will benefit more from LTE network rather than being able to use it overseas. Btw, it's cheaper to use VoIP via wifi than buy a sim card with a data plan when you are traveling abroad. If your phone has wifi...then it's the best world phone.

I think you have confused "most consumers" with yourself.
Most consumers dont care about LTE. They care about data.
Korea and Japan have LTE.. but the bands are different than what we use here in US.
A phone that wifi doesnt make it the best world phone. A phone compatible with the local bands makes anywhere in the world it the best world phone.

Very true. That's why pentaband phones are world phones. I believe LTE is still in its baby days. Eventually we will have a 4G chip that can accommodate most of frequency bands.

try to use your pentaphone in Korea and Japan. You will see how expensive it is to use your world phone there. It's cheaper to rent a local phone at the airport. Cheaper to use free wifi that is available almost every block.
nemi_amd
11/13/12 10:23 AM
docjoo said:   

try to use your pentaphone in Korea and Japan. You will see how expensive it is to use your world phone there. It's cheaper to rent a local phone at the airport. Cheaper to use free wifi that is available almost every block.

I fail to see how putting local pay as you go SIM in your unlocked (N4) penta-band world phone is expensive?... why buy/rent a local phone?

..that's the beauty of GMS...
esoterica
11/13/12 10:28 AM
docjoo said:   

I guess you haven't heard of prepaid SIM cards. And if wifi is so pervasive that you don't need a cellular connection, doesn't that negate your entire argument for LTE anyway?

Give it a rest, you've made your point, you're not going to sway anyone who doesn't need to watch several simultaneous streams of HD video for 30 minutes a month that LTE makes more sense for them than unlimited HSPA+ data on arguably the best no-contract phone for the money, ever.
GudSpellur
11/13/12 10:28 AM
nemi_amd said:   

docjoo said:   

I fail to see how putting local pay as you go SIM in your unlocked (N4) penta-band world phone is expensive?... why buy/rent a local phone?

I take it you have never been to Korea or Japan. They are CDMA countries...
fref
11/13/12 10:34 AM
Just went live - got my order placed.
esoterica
11/13/12 10:34 AM
GudSpellur said:   

nemi_amd said:   

docjoo said:   

I take it you have never been to Korea or Japan. They are CDMA countries...

I take it you haven't. SoftBank and NTT DoCoMo are both 3G GSM, and support an unlocked iPhone 4S just fine.
nemi_amd
11/13/12 10:35 AM
IT IS LIVE BUY NOW!
nemi_amd
Order placed
Thank you. Your order has been placed, and you will receive an email shortly with the details of your purchase.
ITEM PRICE QTY TOTAL
Nexus 4 (16GB) $349.00 2 $698.00
ORDER NUMBER
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subtotal: $698.00
Shipping: $13.99
Tax: $43.62
Total: $755.61
imatechie
fref said:   

Just went live - got my order placed.

My order went through as well.
vanheve2
11/13/12 10:39 AM
Ugh..
An error occurred while processing your purchase. Please try again later.
16 of 27
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.