Nexus 4 $299/$349 @ Google play **LIVE NOW**

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
seems to be live again, at least for 8GB

Boom! Got the 16gb version. It probably has something to do with the fact that so many people are adding it to the cart and removing from the available number of orders. Refreshing the page a few times made the "Add to cart" button appear.

It's going to be great if these are just broken up into waves as to not crash the servers for too long of intervals and the people who bought a bunch for resale will be stuck with them..

Seems to be toggling between add to cart and notify me after a few refreshes, for both 8 and 16. Google Play seems to be an afterthought for Google.

so did i miss the woot-off?

thefencer said:   Seems to be toggling between add to cart and notify me after a few refreshes, for both 8 and 16. Google Play seems to be an afterthought for Google.

Yeah, for me too. If you see it say Add to Cart, proceed really quickly and you should be able to order. I got my 16GB ordered on my second try. I thought I had missed my chance since I got up late today, glad I decided to check back again.

I just got an 8 GB by refreshing until I saw an add cart button. Make sure all of your details are entered into Google Wallet PRIOR to continuing your purchase in the shopping cart. I didn't at first and Google had trouble entering in new addresses and whatnot, had to start my whole process over.

Was able to finally get one after multiple page refreshes, and a few more errors once I had it added to the cart.

Was the bumper accessory ever in stock today, or has it always shown 'coming soon'?

tehbonz said:   I just got an 8 GB by refreshing until I saw an add cart button. Make sure all of your details are entered into Google Wallet PRIOR to continuing your purchase in the shopping cart. I didn't at first and Google had trouble entering in new addresses and whatnot, had to start my whole process over.

Looks like it's dead now. No matter how I refresh it, it shows "Notify Me" all the times.

I wonder if the 16 GB will be in stock again

subbu001 said:   I wonder if the 16 GB will be in stock again
Of course not, they just had them available for a 1/2 day after release and that's it. Once stock is depleted, they'll never return...

sandiego05 said:   tehbonz said:   I just got an 8 GB by refreshing until I saw an add cart button. Make sure all of your details are entered into Google Wallet PRIOR to continuing your purchase in the shopping cart. I didn't at first and Google had trouble entering in new addresses and whatnot, had to start my whole process over.

Looks like it's dead now. No matter how I refresh it, it shows "Notify Me" all the times.


Try without clicking refresh (or F5).

Go to the page for the 8GB or the 16GB and then just keep clicking the different 8GB or 16GB option underneath the pic of the phone (right underneath "Choose Another Nexus 4").

Refreshing for some reason didn't work, but clicking these links is still getting me some "Add to Cart" buttons now.


About the Whatsapp, why on earth it REQUIRES us (or in my case, me) to have a text message plan before able to complete the setup?
What happens if I don't have it? Can't setup?


There is a call service feature. I had the same issue and they provided a phone number to call to validate.

I just got a 16GB. Hit shift-refresh until you see add to cart, then completed process, and got order confirmation email.

vanzoern said:   I just got a 16GB. Hit shift-refresh until you see add to cart, then completed process, and got order confirmation email.

Thanks vanzoern! I thought I missed this deal.

If you are using Firefox, try using Chrome. When I switched, I finally got a refresh that went all the way through.

Why doesn't Google use a pre-order system to avoid such pathetic situation?

Why are we all sitting around hitting a refresh button over and over again like trained laboratory chimpanzees?

Pathetic. (Myself included.)

i just picked up a nexus 4 8gb at 2:18pm.

currently hoping for a 16gb and resell the 8gb.

Got it!

No luck, sent about 1 hour trying to refresh. Got it to say add to cart but the next page says "oops, item was removed from cart" I guess I will stick it out with my GSII.

i just picked up a 16gb. f5 for about 45 seconds and got it! now i gotta get rid of the 8gb!

neal126 said:   No luck, sent about 1 hour trying to refresh. Got it to say add to cart but the next page says "oops, item was removed from cart" I guess I will stick it out with my GSII.

Gave it one last try and guess what. I scored a 16GB. Now I need to sell my GSII.

it isnt very logical but maybe it has something to do with the fact that i registered. did those that are having issues register their email?

It's all sold out now.

quimicous1 said:   it isnt very logical but maybe it has something to do with the fact that i registered. did those that are having issues register their email?

You might be right. I didn't want to register, but I couldn't process an order that way. The very first time I agreed to register, I finally was able to process an order.

They didn't so it pays to have money ready !!!

Got a 16GB .. after about what felt like a million F5s

They still have them, just got a 8 GB version for my wife.

Hopefully eBay servers can handle most of their new posts today/tonight.

i've done the F5 about 4000 times now. is this a complete waste of my time. i don't know why...i just feel angry. i stayed up last night. i woke up early, all for this, and now i'm wasting so much time hitting F5...

boLbim33 said:   i've done the F5 about 4000 times now. is this a complete waste of my time. i don't know why...i just feel angry. i stayed up last night. i woke up early, all for this, and now i'm wasting so much time hitting F5...
We've been Foogled.

I just got a 16Gb....yes, by sitting here pressing F5.

are we looking at the same link?
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

5000 times now...i feel like a pitiful desperate loser...

For those who have been able to order one in the past hour or so, have you actually received a confirmation email? I am not trusting this, because whenever it says I have one in my cart (after hitting F5 a thousand times), the next page says there was an error and my cart is empty... then, F5 a thousand times again... rinse, repeat. There is something metaphorical going on here.

spiritraveller said:   For those who have been able to order one in the past hour or so, have you actually received a confirmation email? I am not trusting this, because whenever it says I have one in my cart (after hitting F5 a thousand times), the next page says there was an error and my cart is empty... then, F5 a thousand times again... rinse, repeat. There is something metaphorical going on here.

The key is to be logged into your google account prior to adding to your cart. Also as soon as the the add to cart box appears you need to click it (I mean immediately), this is what I did I was able to score two phones.

spiritraveller said:   For those who have been able to order one in the past hour or so, have you actually received a confirmation email? I am not trusting this, because whenever it says I have one in my cart (after hitting F5 a thousand times), the next page says there was an error and my cart is empty... then, F5 a thousand times again... rinse, repeat. There is something metaphorical going on here.

Yes, I got the confirmation email. I also was not logged in until I checked out. It went amazingly quick (with no lag) so its like I got in right when they reset something.

Thanks to both of you.

Got one. Wanted to get two, but it seems they'll only let you get order one at a time. Guess I'll let the wife have this one and get mine later.

spiritraveller said:   For those who have been able to order one in the past hour or so, have you actually received a confirmation email? I am not trusting this, because whenever it says I have one in my cart (after hitting F5 a thousand times), the next page says there was an error and my cart is empty... then, F5 a thousand times again... rinse, repeat. There is something metaphorical going on here.

Just adding it to your cart is not enough - it doesn't "stick" until you click on "Proceed" .. so if you are trying to change the quantity, unchecking the link to Google account box, etc - you are going to miss out. So you need not only to Add It to your cart, but then immediately hit Proceed to checkout fully.

Eryeal said:   spiritraveller said:   For those who have been able to order one in the past hour or so, have you actually received a confirmation email? I am not trusting this, because whenever it says I have one in my cart (after hitting F5 a thousand times), the next page says there was an error and my cart is empty... then, F5 a thousand times again... rinse, repeat. There is something metaphorical going on here.

Just adding it to your cart is not enough - it doesn't "stick" until you click on "Proceed" .. so if you are trying to change the quantity, unchecking the link to Google account box, etc - you are going to miss out. So you need not only to Add It to your cart, but then immediately hit Proceed to checkout fully.


Yeah, on the previous times I got the screen, I had tried to change quantity, but it only had 0 and 1 as options, and by the time I clicked Proceed, it was gone. This time, I clicked straight through: Add to Cart, Proceed, done.

Got the 8GB to add to my cart but I thought about it too long and I was too late. You gotta be quick when you add to cart...

I just got a 16gb added to cart and purchased with a receipt email sent to me. I did the f5 trick as well, probably about 1,000 times. I had to change my card information as well. I don't think I've ever try to key in my credit card information so quickly before, but luckily it worked.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014