OOS, Amazon Lightning Deals on Kindle 11/13

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Nothing at 8am

megachacker said:   The deal is at 11:59am CST.

So it's at 12:59pm EST

and it's at 9:59am PST

EDIT: Corrected 12:59am to 12:59pm... thanks: elborak

Yes.

http://www.amazon.com/b?

Middle-right side of page select "Category," go down to Kindle Store. Should pop up.

yourwishismine said:   So it's at 12:59am EST
I think you mean 12:59pm.

elborak said:   yourwishismine said:   So it's at 12:59am EST
I think you mean 12:59pm.

You are correct, my bad.

bookreader54321 said:   Nothing yet. First deal is a book. Really, a book? Who buys those things any more?

Ha Ha ha. I see what you did there ! I bet you bought all of them.

Someone said on Facebook they posted and it says Kindle Fire (not HD). I went to their Facebook and don't see that post from Amazon.

If it is just the Fire is it worth it? Isn't that like walking into Apple and buy a 3GS or Iphone 4 and not buying the 5? What advantage, if even one, exists for not purchasing the newest model?

megachacker said:   Someone said on Facebook they posted and it says Kindle Fire (not HD). I went to their Facebook and don't see that post from Amazon.

If it is just the Fire is it worth it? Isn't that like walking into Apple and buy a 3GS or Iphone 4 and not buying the 5? What advantage, if even one, exists for not purchasing the newest model?

Price. Presumably if they're doing a lightning deal on an older model, it'll be a very good price. See also the Nexus 7 for $160 at Staples.

Kindle fire special offers 129 luke warm.

boo

No deal. Isn't that the Toys R Us price after the discount too? I was hoping for sub $100.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083Q04IQ?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Basic (Non-HD) Kindle Fire, $30 off, $129.00.

I agree... no deal. I got this one for $50 off (total of $150) almost a year ago... can't remember exactly when but it wasn't long after it came out. Give me 50 off current price then maybe... or 50 off the HD. Then I'd be thinking its a deal.

just felt like the Price is Right loser sound just went off for me. Pass on this one

PaulaSmiles said:   I agree... no deal. I got this one for $50 off (total of $150) almost a year ago... can't remember exactly when but it wasn't long after it came out. Give me 50 off current price then maybe... or 50 off the HD. Then I'd be thinking its a deal.

This isn't the same one you got a year ago, its been updated with a new processor and some other tweaks. That being said I'm going to hold out on this one since the screen is a deal killer for me. I just wanted to set the record straight that its not the same tech as the first kindle fire.

Only see $199 16gb.

roooo said:   megachacker said:   See also the Nexus 7 for $160 at Staples.

Hmmm interesting... I'm pretty techy and haven't heard anyone say anything about Amazon redoing the standard fire. When did that happen? Although my statement still stands... I got the new technology for $50 off when it was new, I expect this to be at least $50 off to be considered a great deal. Even if they redid things, this still isn't "new" technology by a long shot.

What is the return policy for this ? I am missing it somewhere I guess.

Anyone know IF an item is purchased with an Amazon gift card and the item is returned does the gift card get refunded as cash or credit or do i need to keepo the GC number for reuse?

Nook HD and HD+ are rootable; and after root, seem to be much superior products (much lighter with high-res screen, MicroSD slot and faster CPUs) comparing Amazon tablets.

PaulaSmiles said:   Hmmm interesting... I'm pretty techy and haven't heard anyone say anything about Amazon redoing the standard fire. When did that happen?

The revised Kindle Fire was announced during the same presentation that introduced the Kindle Fire HD models.

so can we expect all the kindles to go on sale at ~20% off today? every few hours a different model i assume....

question stand then, is this the best deal we will see all season? I would love to get a paperwhite on sale, but will there be steeper discounts before new years?

I speakee engrish goodly well and reeded this......

for a lightning deal on an all-new Kindle

Noticee the "A" bein singuleer and the "an all new" also beein singlaire so iza thinkin itza onlee a single kindle item.

PaulaSmiles said:   Hmmm interesting... I'm pretty techy and haven't heard anyone say anything about Amazon redoing the standard fire. When did that happen? Although my statement still stands... I got the new technology for $50 off when it was new, I expect this to be at least $50 off to be considered a great deal. Even if they redid things, this still isn't "new" technology by a long shot.

Unless you got that deal within the last 2 months you have the old technology. They upgraded the processor and doubled the RAM. It was announced when the Kindle Fire HD and Paperwhite were announced. The orginal Fire was something they rushed to market just to get something out there. It has stated numerous times this is the one they actually wanted to make but didn't have time.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/amazon-kindle-fire-2012/

Thanks, OP! Not sure why everyone is complaining. Not a bad deal in my opinion..

Deal is over

Picked one up! Great deal!

stuffinmymuffin said:   No deal. Isn't that the Toys R Us price after the discount too? I was hoping for sub $100.

I think you are smoking something if you think the Fire is going to be under $100 any time soon. Don't forget, they already have other models under $100.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014