• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Disclaimer
Link

Seagate’s 12th generation Barracuda hard drive continues a long tradition of Seagate technology leadership resulting in new capacity milestones, faster performance and rock-solid reliability. With 7200 RPM of spindle speed, SATA 6Gb/s interface w/NCQ and capacities from 160GB to 1TB, there is a Barracuda hard drive with the fast performance and industry-leading reliability for every desktop need at a price more affordable than ever!

Rock-solid Performance and Reliability A 7200 RPM drive complements the high capacity delivering a power combination of extreme storage and top-end desktop performance. And 32MB Cach optimizes burst performance and reduces data throughput bottlenecks. Now delivering predicted failure rates of 0.34%, the Barracuda 7200.12 hard drive continues to provide industry-leading reliability.

SATA III Interface SATA 6Gb/s (SATA Revision 3.0) provides twice the bus bandwidth of SATA 3Gb/s (SATA II) along with enhancements including a new Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and improved power management capabilities. SATA 6Gb/s interface enables the use of the industry’s newest and fastest hard drive controllers targeted for high performance desktop, gaming and entry level server systems.

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Seagate Hard Drive
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have used at least 10 of these for over a year and have had no issues...

SithMaster (Nov. 14, 2012 @ 5:39p) |

Are these ok to use in a RAID?

Squeezer99 (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 8:15p) |

Wow, nice deal. In for 1.

stomecenne (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 8:17p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Buy.com has it for 58$. might be a better deal for those who have to pay tax at Newegg and also can use discover 5% plus 5% CashBack deals. just fyi.

user3657 said:   Buy.com has it for 58$. might be a better deal for those who have to pay tax at Newegg and also can use discover 5% plus 5% CashBack deals. just fyi.Link?

2 year warranty - that's rare these days

Still waiting for a 2tb deal :'(

This is a decent deal. It is hard to pull the trigger this close to black friday.

Or, this could be the best online deal on 1TB before or after BF.

Comes up as 84.99 for me

BAH!!!! I watched as the price changed from $50 to $85 as I reloaded the page for the FatWallet Cash Back cookie (or whatever it is)! NOOOO!! I was so in for one!!

Anyhow, the deal's dead. It must have been a price mistake.

Yeah, deal's dead. Very sad, was about to buy one.

$85 when not logged in (but shows as $50 lower down -- can't click on that)
Disclaimer

Price drops to $50 when logged in (but rises to $85 lower down)
Disclaimer
holiday42 said:   Comes up as 84.99 for me Same here, but the $50 price shows lower down on the page, although it doesn't seem to be accessible.

The price changes whether you're logged in or not, and you may have to be on Newegg's Shell Shocker mailing list.

And it's back to $50 for me! O_O!

Now it shows as $50, but when I add to cart it's 84.99. Guess I'll keep checking. Weird.

--
holiday42

Had it in the cart and the price changed while still in the cart. Meanwhile the sale ad still shows 49.99. WTF Newegg?

EDIT: and now back to 49.99. Somebody's fingers weren't finding the right keys at Newegg.

Keep refreshing, the prices keep changing. XD

You can get it for $49 if you purchase a combo item with it.

Worked for me right now at $49.99 ea.

This item has only hit this price once before: Lowest * $49.99 Aug 06, 2011
http://camelegg.com/product/N82E16822148697

Picked one up to replace the failing drive in my older desktop.

THANKS GREAT DEAL

It's about damn time it went back down, this is what hard drive prices were over a year ago !

Worked fine for me...thanks!

Guys,

For BF weekend, Costco will have a Seagate 3TB external HD for $99.

in for one.

ablang said:   Guys,

For BF weekend, Costco will have a Seagate 3TB external HD for $99.

Do you know which model? This one?

I was going to go for this, but a significant number of recent reviews are pretty poor. Guess I'll hold off and see what's available on Flack Briday. Green for finding it, though.

Yeah, reading reviews like drklahn was... it appears to be a bad batch

DrKlahn said:   I was going to go for this, but a significant number of recent reviews are pretty poor.Is that by star ratings or by the written commentary? Because I've seen Amazon and Newegg reviews of various products where someone gave 4 out of 5 stars but was rather critical, while some 2-3 reviews said there were no serious problems with performance or reliability. And while I don't know about recent versions of this Seagate 7200.12 model or any particular batches, it's generally been reliable.

In for one. Thanks

Looks like this is still live. Was able to add it to my cart, but not in the market, so I didn't check out.

I have used at least 10 of these for over a year and have had no issues...

DrKlahn said:   I was going to go for this, but a significant number of recent reviews are pretty poor. Guess I'll hold off and see what's available on Flack Briday. Green for finding it, though.

Are these ok to use in a RAID?

Wow, nice deal. In for 1.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014