• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
with price plus card: 11/23-24

LIMIT ONE per SR Card.


$20 will automatically be applied to your next shopping order from November 26 – December 1, 2012. Purchase $100 in American Express, Macy’s, Bloomingdales, Red Lobster, Long Horn, Lowe’s, iTunes, Lord & Taylor, Marriott or Cabelas gift cards between 11/23 – 11/24/2012 with your ShopRite Price Plus club card within one transaction and $20 value will be added to your Price Plus club card and will be good for your next shopping trip. Reward cannot be redeemed on gift card purchases. Excludes ShopRite gift cards. Limit 1 per household. While supplies last. Subject to availability. See gift card for terms and conditions and (if applicable) fee. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Product may not be available in all states. Redeem 11/26 – 12/1/2012.

Member Summary

shop rite (87.62kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Adding American Express, iTunes & Longhorn Steakhouse to the list of qualifying GCs.

$20 will be added on to the Price Plus club card for the next shopping trip. Redeem from 11/26 to 12/1/2012 (but not on GCs).

http://www.shoprite.com/2daygift_cards/?

Does AMEX have an activation fee, if not, I think that's the best choice.

1brooklyn1 said:   Does AMEX have an activation fee, if not, I think that's the best choice.


yes, they do.

I'll still do it.

$5.95 for a $100 AMEX card to get $20 in Free Groceries is still a $14.05 MM. I don't really need any others on that list. crappy choices, too bad there's no gas cards.

MISTERCHEAP said:   1brooklyn1 said:   Does AMEX have an activation fee, if not, I think that's the best choice.


yes, they do.

I'll still do it.

$5.95 for a $100 AMEX card to get $20 in Free Groceries is still a $14.05 MM. I don't really need any others on that list. crappy choices, too bad there's no gas cards.


Good point, but it's a $6 loss and you have to use it within 6 days at one time.

1brooklyn1 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   1brooklyn1 said:   Does AMEX have an activation fee, if not, I think that's the best choice.


yes, they do.

I'll still do it.

$5.95 for a $100 AMEX card to get $20 in Free Groceries is still a $14.05 MM. I don't really need any others on that list. crappy choices, too bad there's no gas cards.


Good point, but it's a $6 loss and you have to use it within 6 days at one time.



huh? how is getting $14 worth of FREE groceries a "loss"? I can easily spend $20 in one shot at Shop Rite, best supermarket hands down in the area.

MISTERCHEAP said:   1brooklyn1 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   1brooklyn1 said:   Does AMEX have an activation fee, if not, I think that's the best choice.


yes, they do.

I'll still do it.

$5.95 for a $100 AMEX card to get $20 in Free Groceries is still a $14.05 MM. I don't really need any others on that list. crappy choices, too bad there's no gas cards.


Good point, but it's a $6 loss and you have to use it within 6 days at one time.



huh? how is getting $14 worth of FREE groceries a "loss"? I can easily spend $20 in one shot at Shop Rite, best supermarket hands down in the area.


I am not the biggest fan of the retailer GC's but I hate losing the $6, besides the AMEX card may have a short expiration date, with maintenance fees as many debit cards have. You have done thousands of rebates, you know the negatives of debit/prepaid cards.

1brooklyn1 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   1brooklyn1 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   1brooklyn1 said:   Does AMEX have an activation fee, if not, I think that's the best choice.


yes, they do.

I'll still do it.

$5.95 for a $100 AMEX card to get $20 in Free Groceries is still a $14.05 MM. I don't really need any others on that list. crappy choices, too bad there's no gas cards.


Good point, but it's a $6 loss and you have to use it within 6 days at one time.



huh? how is getting $14 worth of FREE groceries a "loss"? I can easily spend $20 in one shot at Shop Rite, best supermarket hands down in the area.


I am not the biggest fan of the retailer GC's but I hate losing the $6, besides the AMEX card may have a short expiration date, with maintenance fees as many debit cards have. You have done thousands of rebates, you know the negatives of debit/prepaid cards.


Brooklyn, no worries, other than the one time upfront activation fee, there are NO OTHER FEES. the card is good for 10+ years (usually expires in 2022 or something).

I'd rather lose the full $20 and get $14 instead to have full use of my money thru AMEX, rather than $100 in gc's to merchants I have little use for. About the only good one for me on that list is Lowes, but don't need it right now.

Even if you have a 6% grocery card and a 2% CashBack on everything credit card, the total fees for buying a $100 AMEX and getting $20 in free groceries is 5.95 + 100*.02 + 20*.06 = $9.15. No other opportunity costs or fees that I can see. So, this is >50% off a $20 grocery purchase at Shop Rite.

I need the I tunes cards so it's good.

no doubt, good deal.

I posted a separate thread on this bcoz when I searched for ShopRite, this post didn't show up. Seems this is bcoz the OP here used Shop Rite (two words). The correct one is ShopRite (one word). Moderator please correct the title so that it shows in the search. Thx



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014