• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
T-Mobile confirms November 16 and 17 Samsung holiday sale, Galaxy S III is free after rebateSamsung s3 sale news

I am thinking of getting one.. i am debating between iphone5 and the s3

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile promo codes that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Galaxy S III (38.53kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

Android (39.67kB)
Thanks Slickone
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
well, I emailed the rep who quoted me the price of the plan (our business rep)...she responded the next morning, apolgiz... (more)

pryan67 (Jan. 19, 2013 @ 4:29p) |

pryan67, Was your Rep someone from your business or a T-Mobile rep? Just curious if the supervisor at my T-Mobile loca... (more)

albe1 (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 10:31a) |

I was just informed online, the rebate re-submission that the T-Mobile rep put in for me(after waiting on the phone for ... (more)

albe1 (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 4:27p) |

COMPARISON of 5 phone deal online versus going to the TMobile store: They are different...

DON'T GO TO THE STORE FOR THE FREE DEAL. There is a $100 extra off online. YOU CAN GET THE TOTALLY FREE DEALS VIA ONLINE.
Thank you for choosing T-Mobile. A representative will be with you shortly.

You are not currently connected to a chat representative.

Welcome to T-Mobile online sales support, how may I help you with your purchase today?

You: How do I qualify for FREE Galaxy S3 with a Family Value Plan?

Candice: I'm more than happy to assist you. Can I ask for your name please?

Candice: If you will choose value plans then you have to pay full price for the phones.

You: What about a Family Classic Plan?

Candice: Samsung SIII is free with $200 mail in rebate and you will get that back in 7 to 8 weeks. You need to pay this amount upfront.

You: So even with the Family Classic Plan only the downpayment is "free" with a rebate... I still have the remaining approx $400 to pay off the rest of the retail price? right?

Candice: It is free but you need to pay $200 as mail in rebate and you will get that back in 7 to 8 weeks.

You: When I went to the store, they said even with the Family Classic Plan, only the downpayment of $200 is rebated (which makes the downpayment free), but the remaining $400 of the $600 retail price is still due and can be paid in installments of $20/month for 20 months (or paid off in full at once, of course); can you confirm this?

Candice: It is free online.

You: How do I get your deal online?

Candice: You don't need to pay that.

Candice: May i know how many lines you want?

You: It looks like only the Individual Classic Plan will give you the phone for totally free.

You: 5

Candice: You want 5 phones?

Candice: It will be $1000 upfront.

You: Can you walk me through the website so I can see the deal you are referring to which gives the phones for free after rebate on the Family Classic Plan?

Candice: Yes,i will assist you step by step.

Candice: May i know you want unlimited talk+text+web?

You: 1000 min talk, unlimited text, unlimited data for three phones, 2gigs of 4G data for the other two phones

Candice: I will asssit you step by step.

You: I am on the TMobile website now.

Candice: PLease click here for Classic 1000 MinuteÝTalk + Text for $79.99

LINK

Candice: Please add the Classic 1000 MinuteÝTalk + Text for $79.99 to cart.

Candice: Then add 5 phones to cart.

Candice: In services please choose unlimited plus for $20 for each phone.

Candice: Then click on done adding services.

Candice: Then Click on done adding accessories.

Candice: Are you able to do that?

Candice: Are you able to proceed further?

SUMMARY of online deal: online will cost at least $180/month ($80 + $20 + $20 + $20 + $20 + $20) for 5 phones with the 2gigabytes at 4G speed data (then throttles down to 2G speed), 1000 min talk, unlimited text. Plus you pay $35 activation each phone.
Compare to deal below at the store...

If you go the store you may not get the deal for totally free... only the "downpayment" is free...But the store can wave the $35 activation fees, and maybe give you an additional 15% off monthly...

GALAXY S3 and NOTE2 are NOT for free. ONLY THE DOWNPAYMENT are "free after rebate" in some cases.
This is with Value Plans. You have to pay for the difference of the retail value and the "free downpayment" in monthly installments for 20 months (ie.$20/month x 20 months "EIP"... maybe stands for Equivalent Interval Payments).

See table: "EIP" column is the monthly payments you make for 20 additional months to pay for the remaining cost of the phone after rebate.
Link for TMobile "free downpayment" deal on phones

SOME are getting an ADDITIONAL 15% off whatever total monthly deal they get... I did, but I didn't ask why because I didn't want to jinx the calculation...
EXAMPLE:
Just bought the Family Value Plan for 5 phones. This was a BYOD deal. Got the 1000 minutes shared, unlimited text, 3 phones with unlimited 4G speed data and 2 phones with 2Gigabytes of 4G speed data (then throttles down to 2G speed)... No activation fees (usually $35 per phone), further 15% discount on entire package (not sure why) Total was broken down as: $60/first 2 lines + $0 for next 3 lins (until 2014) +$10/each for first 2 lines for 2gigs of 4G data + $20/each next 3 lines of unlimited 4G data = $140 before discount...
$120/month with the 15% discount.

Total monthly of $120 for all five phones. Very satisfied with average price of only $24/month/phone. We brought our own Galaxy S3 phones (4) and Galaxy Note (1) into the deal. They would only offer $200 rebate on the "downpayment" of $200 per new phone, and still charge remaining $400 per phone plus tax . That would still be a fair deal for new phones if we did not already have the phones. We passed on the new phones since our phones were fine.

SUMMARY of store deal: $120/month , but three phones have unlimited data at 4G speed, two phones have the 2Gigabytes at 4G speed (then throttels to 2G), 1000 min talk, unlimited text, NO ACTIVATION FEES.
If you want to compare apples to apples, then you could go with the Value Plan $110/month and all five phones would be 2Gibabytes at 4G speed (then throttles to 2G)...

Difference apples to apples of online Classic Plan to store Value Plan: $70/month x 24 months = $1680. $1680 / 5 phones = $336 per phone. Add $35 to each phone for the activation fee online. Total about $371 per phone with Classic Plan. Still a good deal for new phones.

++++++++++
If you compare apples to apples for the better data plan (three phones with unlimited 4Gspeed, two phones with 2Gigabytes at 4G), 1000 min talk, unlimited test, the difference is much bigger...
$80+ $35 + $35 + $35 + $20 + $20 = $225/month !! $105/month difference x 24 months = $2520. $504 per phone, then add $35 activation fee per phone = $539... yikes... not a good deal for "free phones".
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nothing is free with that contract attached!

cyberpitstop said:   nothing is free with that contract attached!

Exactly. The minimum price we know is $299 for 8GB Nexus 4.

How much to early terminate the contract. Do you get to keep the phone after early termination. Is there any other fees to keep the phone besides ETF.

i'm wondering if the qualifying plans include plans without data.

The rebate for the S III is going to be $300!

I like samsung. Thanks for taking time to share this deal which works well for my young brother.

According to this, early termination is $200.

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1280

I say an S3 for $200 is pretty hot. Turn around and use the Tmobile $30/month prepaid plan...lol...

only for NEW contract? nothing on renewal...

Free = plus tax

I spoke with CSR and he said you have to pay $200 and the cost of device... $600!
Then I called back and asked a different CSR and he said the ETF covers the cost of the phone at T-Mobile, so they don't loose money. You can keep the phone after that.
So which one is it?

iPhone 5S supposedly to be released in Q1 2013.

DarthEnol said:   iPhone 5S supposedly to be released in Q1 2013.

Why would it matter? The screen is tiny and people are bored of the same iDesign, the same iOperatingSystem 5 generations later.

anyone know if Wirefly will match this offer from T-Mobile?

For those on value plan and in contract, need to pay monthly installment $20/month for Galaxy S3... meh...

THis is after MIR which you won't get if you cancel.

ETF is $200

Activation is $35

In Cali you pay Sales tax on the value of the phone.

This is for unlimited plan.

is there a downside for etf? i mean the way is get the gs3 for $200 by paying the etf. sell it on CL for $350 easily and profit $150. i dont get why people dont do that.. any input please?

The phone looks cool, and I like the samsung brand. Wanna buy one for my young brother as his birthday gift.

ZenerDiode said:   According to this, early termination is $200.

I say an S3 for $200 is pretty hot. Turn around and use the Tmobile $30/month prepaid plan...lol...

Noob question...If you cancel within 14 days, do you have to give back the phone?

Their terms state:
"If you are not satisfied with our service, you may cancel within 14 days of activation (or longer, depending on different states) with no early cancellation fee."

It doesn't mention anything about the phone itself....

j3didude said:   ZenerDiode said:   According to this, early termination is $200.

Noob question...If you cancel within 14 days, do you have to give back the phone?

Their terms state:
"If you are not satisfied with our service, you may cancel within 14 days of activation (or longer, depending on different states) with no early cancellation fee."

It doesn't mention anything about the phone itself....

Yes, you have to return the phone. There is a prepaid shipping label that comes with the phone.

GWBush said:   DarthEnol said:   iPhone 5S supposedly to be released in Q1 2013.

Why would it matter? The screen is tiny and people are bored of the same iDesign, the same iOperatingSystem 5 generations later.

It matters because if OP is considering an iPhone 5, it's replacement is going to be coming out in another couple months.

I spoke to the CSR and she told me that the rebate processing takes 5-7 weeks , so you may have to keep the plan until u receive your rebate just to be on the safe side..

guys ...it is not easy the way you think ok. Nothing is free on this world you have to pay somehow. First if you cancel the contract within 14 days to avoid the early termination fee you have to return the phone or they will bill you the org. price. Second if you break your contract there will be termination fee plus activation fee and in order to get the rebate back you have to keep your line active for at least 6 to 8 weeks. in the end you really dont get anything out of it and they have all your informations and your credit might be bad because of the breaking contract...good luck

FYI -- you're not "breaking contract" if you're simply exercising a specific clause in that contract (ETF) to end it early.

Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through and (ifs) just to make $100 on Craigslist. Not worth the time or trouble to me.

Prepaid Phones are around 549$ Tmobile Prepaid

pei4life said:   guys ...it is not easy the way you think ok. Nothing is free on this world you have to pay somehow. First if you cancel the contract within 14 days to avoid the early termination fee you have to return the phone or they will bill you the org. price. Second if you break your contract there will be termination fee plus activation fee and in order to get the rebate back you have to keep your line active for at least 6 to 8 weeks. in the end you really dont get anything out of it and they have all your informations and your credit might be bad because of the breaking contract...good luck

I don't agree with you on the credit being affected. You are not failing to make payments by terminating a contract; you are even paying the penalty for the early termination.
Let's assume that it takes 2 months to get the rebate. Then the effective cost of the phone would be (assuming you are already on a contract on some other carrier),
$200 (ETF) + ~$150 (T-Mobile bill for 2 months) + $35 (activation) + ~$45 (tax) = ~$430

be careful about the termination. if part of the deal is a credit you have to have the account active to get the credit. usually that means at least 2 months of service.....

Be careful with the S3 it appears the Gorilla glass 2 has a problem with the glass screens just randomly cracking if I didn't see it myself I would have never believed it, so I did a search of S3 glass cracking without being dropped and sure enough it's in many forums with people are experienceing the same problem. I thought that was my next phone until I seen it and did a search and personally would never buy one now, the phone is great but don't be surprised if you goto use it and the screen is broken. Samsung and Tmobile do not stand behind it and if your lucky enough to have insurance thats still gonna cost you another $130. Be warned.

Sams club is doing a pre-black friday open house for all members this friday i beleive. part of that is this same phone for .99 and no statement credits or rebates to worry about.....

The US GS3 comes with a dual core. Supposedly some people in North America are using the international version with the quad core.

Samsung overtook iPhone as best-seller

I have an S3 and its an absolutely terrific phone.

neeedcoupon said:   T-Mobile confirms November 16 and 17 Samsung holiday sale, Galaxy S III is free after rebateSamsung s3 sale news

I am thinking of getting one.. i am debating between iphone5 and the s3

Ok so in regards this promotion I went into to a Tmobile store to ask about this. I want to find a way to get the S3 and use the value plan without having to pay the 20extra fee for the phone. Ok so here goes in steps:

1) Go buy a S3 phone under contract under the classic plan (not value) -> select the cheapest monthly plan possible, the cheapest plan I found is $29.99 1000minutes +$10 for 200 mb data (classic plan -> build your own plan).
2) Wait 14 days (Tmobile requires a plan have at least 14 days in plan to pay etf otherwise they just want to give refund), call tmobile cancel -> pay etf 200. The phone is now yours.
3) sign up under Tmobile value plan of choice.

So in essence you are getting a Samsung S3 for 200+tax+1/2 month of service+activation fee. Now as a side note, if you get a corporate discount they will waive activation fee, so for me the true cost of the S3 would be $200 (ETF) + tax at time of purchase (16) + half a month of service under classic plan $20+tax = 22.50 = +/-240 total.

The only problem I see if is as a part of the promotion this weekend there is a rebate involved, which I suspect there is. I know Tmobile in the past has been slow with rebates and a few years ago when I had tmobile and I had to get a rebate I had to call and pester them to send it and it took close to 3 months.

Thoughts?

Part of me thinks its just easier to get a Nexus 4 for 300 and just walk into Tmobile and say give me a value plan.

We have three S3, everyone like s3

Going to check out with T-Mobile dealer

almost bought one for the wife the other day, but the sales guy said to wait 'til friday. glad i did!

I went in to Sams club to ask for my invitation so they said it was for premium members only. I am regular member =(

mrconnections said:   Sams club is doing a pre-black friday open house for all members this friday i beleive. part of that is this same phone for .99 and no statement credits or rebates to worry about.....

You need to watch the terms. Since Sam's is a resller, there may be fine print that if you cancel too soon, you'll owe them extra for subsidizing the phone on top of the ETF from the carrier.

Skipping 83 Messages...
I was just informed online, the rebate re-submission that the T-Mobile rep put in for me(after waiting on the phone for 45 minutes) was denied, even after my plan was upgraded to the unlimited plan. T-Mobile has lied to me so many times with this I can barely believe it. Going to the T-Mobile store at Panama City Mall now to see if Nick, the manager, will finally straighten this out.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014