• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
16GB Nook Tablet (Certified Pre-Owned) WiFiŽ, 1GHz Dual Core CPU & 1GB RAM $125 Shipped @ 1 Sale

http://1saleaday.com/wireless/

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

16GB Nook Tablet (22.35kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

I'd be happy to certify that my Nook is pre-owned too, if anyone wants to buy it for $125...

In for one. Hopefully "certified pre-owned" is just another way of saying, "factory refurbished". I'm planning to root it and install Android 4.1 (jellybean). I've done this for the Nook Color and found that the "Beta5 barely-buggy" version works quite well--thanks, XDA-developers! Unfortunately, because of a hardware limitation, the Nook Color can't play games that require more than 2 touch-points. The Nook Tablet can! The NT has a dual-core processor and uses a different touch-screen controller. The good news: a jellybean ROM is available to run the NT at 1.2GHz with 5-point multi-touch. Not-so-good news: the touch-screen controller firmware also has to be changed.

Refurbished means used, and usually returned due to a problem.

For things like car starters and alternators, there are certain components that wear out or go bad. These are replaced and then the unit works.

However, for electronics people will return an item because of problems, such as freezing, rebooting, or any of a million problems. Testing is rarely done on "refurbished" products and if it is done, it is very basic, such as turning the device on and seeing if the display comes on.

Refurbed in electronics means buying someone else's problem.

Lvscott said:   Refurbished means used, and usually returned due to a problem.

For things like car starters and alternators, there are certain components that wear out or go bad. These are replaced and then the unit works.

However, for electronics people will return an item because of problems, such as freezing, rebooting, or any of a million problems. Testing is rarely done on "refurbished" products and if it is done, it is very basic, such as turning the device on and seeing if the display comes on.

Refurbed in electronics means buying someone else's problem.

Interesting... I've bought a number of refurbished electronic items, including blu-ray w/wifi player, cd players & changers, tuners, a laptop, or was it two?, and not one has given me a problem. OTOH, each one I bought looked like it had never been touched.
"All generalizations are FALSE -- including this one!"

Lvscott said:   Refurbished means used, and usually returned due to a problem. Many of the "problems" were likely, "I thought it was an Apple."

Fyi, Google or utube 'novo 7 crystal'.

Any 8GB Nexus 7 tablets left in Staples? You'd be better off with one of those.

Rooting the Nook Color was very easy because you could boot off the sd card. It was practically impossible to brick. Just boot with a SD card that has clockworkmod on it, do a backup on a virgin nook color, and save it in case of an emergency. I just sold my Nook Color to someone and restoring it to stock was a snap. The Nook Tablet is a little trickier.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014