• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

The program is available for $29.95, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer.

Paragon Backup and Recovery 12 Compact is a simple and powerful backup and recovery solution to secure stand-alone Windows desktops and laptops. It quickly backs up your files and folders, operating system or even your entire hard disk to any storage you choose. Compact edition ensures that your system and valuable data are protected and can be restored in case of any disaster! Now supports Windows 8 and the latest HDD standards!

Key Features:
Support for the latest HDD standards. Enjoy support for AFD (Advanced Format Drive), 2TB+ and non-512B sector size drives.
Boot Corrector. Powerful utility that recovers the operating system’s startup ability.
Selective Restore. Extract individual files and folders from an archive without restoring an entire image. Use the Restore Wizard and simply check the files that you’d like to restore.
Partition alignment for bare metal restore. Partition alignment during restoring to new hard drives ensures that there will be no performance loss due to incorrect partition alignment.
Smart Backup Wizard. Easily secure valuable data without additional configurations.
Encrypted Backup. To avoid unauthorized access to your backup files, you can easily encrypt them within our backup wizards.
Limitations: Paragon Boot Media

Member Summary

Backup and Recovery 12 (4.66kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

Thanks OP!

Anyone have any feedback / opinions as to whether this is even worth pursuing (given that it's free) as compared to Cobian? I'm currently using Cobian and did a quick Google to see about comparing these two, but looks like Cobian (which is always free), has much more to offer.

Certainly not intended to thread crap, so pleast take no offense OP, just thought it might be an interesting discussion. Any thoughts?

...and finally... Thanks OP!

Never used Cobian, but from it's website, it looks like a basic file copy/restore with compression with scheduling. I didn't see anything prominate about image cloning, partition management/recovery which Paragon does. Because of this Paragon also does resizing during image restore along with partition alignment (important for SSDs) and allows you to create a restore CD.

So far it's far more powerful at least on the imaging/cloning side. Next time I advise you do more research on your own or in fact outright try the free program and answer these questions for yourself.

Can I download and install next week or next month and have the license still work? Do we get a key or what??

rgascon said:   Never used Cobian, but from it's website, it looks like a basic file copy/restore with compression with scheduling. I didn't see anything prominate about image cloning, partition management/recovery which Paragon does. Because of this Paragon also does resizing during image restore along with partition alignment (important for SSDs) and allows you to create a restore CD.

So far it's far more powerful at least on the imaging/cloning side. Next time I advise you do more research on your own or in fact outright try the free program and answer these questions for yourself.

For cloning and images, I have been happy with the free version of Macrium Reflect.

I downloaded Cobian............way too difficult for me.
This program won't install. I think it is being blocked by antivirus.
Got it installed. Be sure to activate today by reading read me file.
B

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014