• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Fuller info on the Samsung sale at T-Mobile this weekend.

The original FatWallet post here details the sale, specifically for the Galaxy S III.

New information here shows the entire pricing and rebate breakdown for the sale. This includes rebates and pricing for the Note II.

TMoNews also has fuller details about the sale here.

I've been looking to switch to T-Mo specifically to get the Note II, so this is better pricing than was available before.

T-Mobile
Need a T-Mobile coupon that earns Up to $75.00 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Note II
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

T-Mobile Samsung Rebates
Thanks infinitemonkeys
Disclaimer

T-Mobile Samsung Eligibility Requirements
Thanks infinitemonkeys
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
RE: posted: Nov. 16, 2012 @ 9:08p, Got my Note II (White) and S III this morning.

Q: You order them online, or in-store? ... (more)

WeAreNotAlone (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 3:06a) |

Is this a single line? I don't know why you'd want to preserve this plan. The T-Mobile MVNO I'm on is $56 with Texas tax... (more)

beachfitrob (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 5:37p) |

Hi....Any guess if T-Mobile will bring the sale back again what they had on 16th/17th Nov? I missed the boat on Samsung ... (more)

Assk (Nov. 24, 2012 @ 8:40p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good find. I was just at a T-Mobile store on Monday and the manager must not have known about this. I am looking at either the S3 or Note 2. Plus a slider QWERTY keypad for the wife who does not like touch screen keypads. Currently with Sprint month to month but do not feel any real loyalty to carriers since my costs run about $2k/year for an unlimited Family Plan with insurance. Yeah, insurance may see like a waste, but Sprint replaced my Epic 4G with a peep when it started acting up.

Can anyone buy mid contract or should you be at the end of your contract to renew for 2 years ? (I remember sometimes in the past, during such sales, anyone could upgrade mid contract with a 2 year extension from that day)

Wish they have discount on no-contract Galaxy Note 2.

thsze said:   Wish they have discount on no-contract Galaxy Note 2.

They do if you are willing to put some work in to get the discount. Do the following:

1) Go buy a Note 2 phone under contract under cheapest classic plan you can get (this is important that you select the cheapest because you will have to pay for 1/2 month of service).
2) Wait 14 days call and cancel say you want to pay ETF.
3) sign up under Tmobile value plan of choice or take to another provider like Straight Talk.

With this method for a fully functioning and contract free Note 2 you will pay $200 (in store)& relevant tax + $200 (ETF) + half a month of service. Total should run you around 450-470 depending on taxes in your area. May seem expensive but that phone on Amazon contract free runs $630 and up.

elpingua said:   thsze said:   Wish they have discount on no-contract Galaxy Note 2.

They do if you are willing to put some work in to get the discount. Do the following:

1) Go buy a Note 2 phone under contract under cheapest classic plan you can get (this is important that you select the cheapest because you will have to pay for 1/2 month of service).
3) sign up under Tmobile value plan of choice or take to another provider like Straight Talk.

With this method for a fully functioning and contract free Note 2 you will pay $200 (in store)& relevant tax + $200 (ETF) + half a month of service. Total should run you around 450-470 depending on taxes in your area. May seem expensive but that phone on Amazon contract free runs $630 and up.

Double check that. I've seen stipulations which state that you pay full price of phone if the contract is voided before a certain time period.

enrohT said:   elpingua said:   thsze said:   Wish they have discount on no-contract Galaxy Note 2.

Double check that. I've seen stipulations which state that you pay full price of phone if the contract is voided before a certain time period.

With Tmobile deals if you cancel during the return period (14 days for most, 30 days for us in California) then you have to return the equipment back and thus there will be no ETF. However, if you wait after your return period and cancel your contract you will get hit with the $200 ETF by Tmobile, but you keep your equipment. So the costs that you would incur would be price of phone your paid to get on contract, $200 ETF, $36 activation fee, tax on phoe (can be as high as $50 here in CA), and I believe some tax on the ETF as well. If you do the upgrade/activation thru Tmobile, BB, or Costco there is no other fees charged by them, but if you do it thru Target, WalMart, Wirefly, etc. then they have an additional fee that they impose which are from $200-$400 on top of the Tmobile $200 ETF.

Wirefly has the Note II for $279 through their Friends & Family site - Now the question is whether to pay $500 upfront and wait for a $300 rebate (read re-bait) from TMo or spend an extra $80 and not have to worry about any rebate..... hmm
Wirefly is starting to look more interesting now...

FWIW, I did the BOGO for Samsung phones from T-Mobile in early Fall, and the rebates came relatively fast (about 2 weeks). They came as a prepaid Visa card, but you can take the card to a bank and cash them out.

Edit: Note that the rebate will only go through if the line you bought the phone for is still active. So anyone looking to buy and then cancel the line ASAP should take note.

I have purchased Galaxy S3 from Best Buy on Oct 16th for $ 99 . Given the fact that Nov 16th S3 going to be offered free (after rebate) does any know whether T-Mobile will price match and credit back the amount ($ 99 )

jagan164 said:   I have purchased Galaxy S3 from Best Buy on Oct 16th for $ 99 . Given the fact that Nov 16th S3 going to be offered free (after rebate) does any know whether T-Mobile will price match and credit back the amount ($ 99 )

They probably won't credit you for it. My friend did that a while back with Target and they wouldn't do it for her. It wouldn't hurt to ask though. my .02 cents

elpingua said:   thsze said:   Wish they have discount on no-contract Galaxy Note 2.

Is the Rebate is Instant? Link says its a Mail In Rebate?
If you cancel how do you get rebate?

Major flaw with this plan because these are mail-in rebates so while waiting for the rebate,you have to pay for the postpaid service which at a minimum will be 39.99 voice + 20.00 data + 15% tax per month. Also, the rebate comes in 2 months so your paying for at least 2-3 months of service...

msakthivel said:   elpingua said:   thsze said:   Wish they have discount on no-contract Galaxy Note 2.

Is the Rebate is Instant? Link says its a Mail In Rebate?
If you cancel how do you get rebate?

Unlimited classic plan or Unlimited value plan is required.
You have to stay on the unlimited plans until your rebate arrives.
There is no 1/2 month of service. You pay for full month.

So you may end up paying.
$200 phone
$200 etf
$270 ($90x3) 3 months of service (assuming it takes 10 weeks for rebate)

Nice find. I wanna buy a phone for my father. The price here is also nice. Thanks

starlights said:   Wirefly has the Note II for $279 through their Friends & Family site - Now the question is whether to pay $500 upfront and wait for a $300 rebate (read re-bait) from TMo or spend an extra $80 and not have to worry about any rebate..... hmm

If you order from Wirefly via BOA Add It Up, there is a $50 CashBack.

dogi said:   starlights said:   Wirefly has the Note II for $279 through their Friends & Family site - Now the question is whether to pay $500 upfront and wait for a $300 rebate (read re-bait) from TMo or spend an extra $80 and not have to worry about any rebate..... hmm

Great ! Thanks !! (Though the Wirefly price through BoA Add it Up is $299 (not 279 as through Wirefly F&F). Will wait for the TMo sale to go live to see if Wirefly changes price to match.

It's $249.99 before $50 add it up Cash Back right now.

$219.99 through Friends & Family site

starlights said:   dogi said:   starlights said:   Wirefly has the Note II for $279 through their Friends & Family site - Now the question is whether to pay $500 upfront and wait for a $300 rebate (read re-bait) from TMo or spend an extra $80 and not have to worry about any rebate..... hmm

Great ! Thanks !! (Though the Wirefly price through BoA Add it Up is $299 (not 279 as through Wirefly F&F). Will wait for the TMo sale to go live to see if Wirefly changes price to match.

flyingtwopigs said:   It's $249.99 before $50 add it up Cash Back right now.

starlights said:   dogi said:   starlights said:   Wirefly has the Note II for $279 through their Friends & Family site - Now the question is whether to pay $500 upfront and wait for a $300 rebate (read re-bait) from TMo or spend an extra $80 and not have to worry about any rebate..... hmm

Is it tmo or other carrier? I still see 299.99 via add it up.

Sorry, it's Sprint.

dogi said:   flyingtwopigs said:   It's $249.99 before $50 add it up Cash Back right now.

Is it tmo or other carrier? I still see 299.99 via add it up.

jagan164 said:   I have purchased Galaxy S3 from Best Buy on Oct 16th for $ 99 . Given the fact that Nov 16th S3 going to be offered free (after rebate) does any know whether T-Mobile will price match and credit back the amount ($ 99 )

You mean if BB will credit you back, not Tmobile since you bought from BB. I'm hoping to be able to PM somewhere in the next week or so since I got my S3 at BB on 10/24 for $99 as well. I know they aren't suppose to PM during BF, but I'm hoping I can either do it over the phone with BB since my order was done instore, but still considered online since it was shipped to me and not picked up at the store.

Does anyone have info on when and how much the note 2 will be at costco?

disdizz said:   Does anyone have info on when and how much the note 2 will be at costco?

I went in to look at phones for T-Mobile at Costco (Gaithersburg, MD) last week and the kiosk worker told me that the Note II will be out "at the end of the year." Questioned him more about the timing, but didn't give me a solid answer other than around holiday time.

I would assume they will start selling the Note II the first or second Thursday in December (Thursday's are when new sales start every week I think); so the 6th or 13th is my guess. Any later and they are missing out on holiday sales, which I don't think they want to do.

If anybody else has more info, especially Costco pricing, PLEASE let us know!

EDIT:
The Note II has finally appeared on Costco's website and is currently selling at $369.99 (T-Mobile new/upgrade contract) as of this morning (11/16).

Also, Sam's Club has the Note II for $298.88 (T-Mobile). I have never bought through Sam's Club before; is it safe to think that their phone prices would be pretty much the same as Costco? The only difference, in product at least, would be Costco adding in an accessory pack, which I would only be interested in the car charger anyways.

Thoughts?

The Tmobile deal is $499 with a $300 rebate. what about tax? what would the total cost be including every little charge?

Tax varies with states and localities. Also, since we may find these rebates are applicable through T-Mobile.com or some other on-line vendor, it's by no means certain that tax will apply. I think you'll need to do your own math.

mrtrance said:   enrohT said:   elpingua said:   thsze said:   Wish they have discount on no-contract Galaxy Note 2.

With Tmobile deals if you cancel during the return period (14 days for most, 30 days for us in California) then you have to return the equipment back and thus there will be no ETF. However, if you wait after your return period and cancel your contract you will get hit with the $200 ETF by Tmobile, but you keep your equipment. So the costs that you would incur would be price of phone your paid to get on contract, $200 ETF, $36 activation fee, tax on phoe (can be as high as $50 here in CA), and I believe some tax on the ETF as well. If you do the upgrade/activation thru Tmobile, BB, or Costco there is no other fees charged by them, but if you do it thru Target, WalMart, Wirefly, etc. then they have an additional fee that they impose which are from $200-$400 on top of the Tmobile $200 ETF.

After you go through ETF and keep the phone, will T-Mobile blacklist the phone on their network? If no, will the phone still be locked, or T-Mobile will unlock it?

NEED ADVICE.

I have been with TMO for about 8 years now. Out of contract for more than 5 years now, but stayed with them. I currently have this plan: Even More Plus 500 Talk + Unlimited Text (39.99) PLUS 4G Web - 200 MB (10.00) for $49.99. I want to take advantage of the S3 promo for 11/16. Basically I will not get the deal as promoted due to some mumbo jumbo.
Please guide me as to how can I get:
- the S3 phone for Free after MIR
- Retain my plan (or something similar- want talk, text, web -stay close to $50 per month range).
- Get to keep my number
- I donít mind doing a 2 yr contract again as long as I get above 3

Is there a way out? Please Advise.

axast said:   NEED ADVICE.

I have been with TMO for about 8 years now. Out of contract for more than 5 years now, but stayed with them. I currently have this plan: Even More Plus 500 Talk + Unlimited Text (39.99) PLUS 4G Web - 200 MB (10.00) for $49.99. I want to take advantage of the S3 promo for 11/16. Basically I will not get the deal as promoted due to some mumbo jumbo.
Please guide me as to how can I get:
- the S3 phone for Free after MIR
- Retain my plan (or something similar- want talk, text, web -stay close to $50 per month range).
- Get to keep my number
- I donít mind doing a 2 yr contract again as long as I get above 3

Is there a way out? Please Advise.

The only way I was ever able to keep an older data plan was to call retentions and tell them I wanted a new phone and wanted to keep my existing plan, voice, text, and data. There should be no problem upgrading and keeping your existing plan through normal upgrading, but if you want to keep your present data portion you will have to call retentions.

However 200mb on a S3 will be gone in less than a day for the average user. For an additional $10 more than your present data plan you can get 2gb of high speed data and unlimited 2g data after that.

its unlimited 2G not 3G data after that.

protohamster said:   its unlimited 2G not 3G data after that.

Thx, fixed, just woke up

If I had to pay $10 extra for web for reasons you stated, that sounds reasonable. Thanks!

dafish said:   protohamster said:   its unlimited 2G not 3G data after that.

Thx, fixed, just woke up
No average user will use 200MB in one day. Maybe you mean one month.
The 2G after your 4G data is up is sslllloowww.
Not sure if it's the same with prepaid and postpaid, but last month, when my 5GB were up, the speeds went down to around 60kbps.. which is much slower than max 2G speeds..which is around 250kbps.

On a related note - if you or your family members qualify for discounts from their employer, because of T-Mobile's special that is running today and tomorrow (Nov 16 & 17), the discounted prices are as follows with FREE ACTIVATION and monthly discounts that you already qualify for:

(Prices for all or most are after MIR)
Google Nexus 4 - $149.99
Samsung Galaxy Note II - $49.99
LG Optimus L9 - $29.99
Samsung Galaxy SIII - Free

Assk said:   On a related note - if you or your family members qualify for discounts from their employer, because of T-Mobile's special that is running today and tomorrow (Nov 16 & 17), the discounted prices are as follows with FREE ACTIVATION and monthly discounts that you already qualify for:

Google Nexus 4 - $149.99
LG Optimus L9 - $29.99
For my employer, here are the prices
o Google Nexus 4 - $149.99 (Exclusive to T-Mobile)
o HTC 8X (New Windows 8) - $74.99
o Nokia Lumia (New Windows 8) - $24.99
o Samsung Galaxy Blaze Ė Free
o HTC One S Ė Free
o MyTouch Q - Free

Assk said:   On a related note - if you or your family members qualify for discounts from their employer, because of T-Mobile's special that is running today and tomorrow (Nov 16 & 17), the discounted prices are as follows with FREE ACTIVATION and monthly discounts that you already qualify for:

Google Nexus 4 - $149.99
LG Optimus L9 - $29.99

Hello, I am getting these prices as well.. with 10% off and free activation.. I am confused though as I have a choice of two family plans, a 1000 minute and a 2000 minute plan... I am also confused on what data plan I need for the rebates... I have seen that the $30 unlimited plan is required but the 2gb plan comes up with the FAR or $49 AR prices in place (and the rebate form doesn't qualify the requirements)... I have a total of $630 in ETFs on my Sprint account that they will not waive but if I can get 4 free GSIIIs and a $50 Note II, I might just jump to get away from Sprint as fast as I can... Thanks for any insight...

EDIT: After calling them it turns out they have a 1000 minute, 2000 minute and Unlimited plan.. but the $5 to add extra phones are not unlimited (they come with 500 minutes)...also, I found out by a warning by the sales rep that there is a LOT of 2G data speeds out here in the Myrtle Beach area (including where I live -- I thought I had a good 3G/4G coverage all over, but I was mistaken, I guess)... SO I am going to bail on this and either stick with the horrible Sprint coverage until Network Vision or maybe go to AT&T at some point...

Got my Note II (White) and S III this morning. Keeping the latter as a hot spare or to sell in a few months if all is happy with the Note II. So far, really loving the Note II. I am a phablet phan.

one week away from upgrade and they told me they cant do shit for me

Q1: Anyone have a copy of the REBATE FORM for the 2012 Nov 16 & 17 "special event" in which the Samsung Galaxy SIII is free after rebate?
($200 rebate)

Tonight placed a order for (2) SIII's.... thru retentions with them matching pricing shown on T-Mo site for web-only deal /credit back account /adjust phone price to Free after MIR.

Above I read the Samsung Note 2 is $49 after MIR....

Q2: I was wondering if SIII could be changed to Note 2, paying the difference.
(Probably not since the sale is officially over)

PS: From the screenshots in the opening post price of the note is $199 after rebate vs $49, which employer are you guys working for? Thats a big difference...

Q3: How can us normal guys and gals get the $49 price?

Skipping 3 Messages...
Hi....Any guess if T-Mobile will bring the sale back again what they had on 16th/17th Nov? I missed the boat on Samsung Galaxy S III (the one I mentioned about) but I hoped that the same sale would be back on Black Friday but it didn't. Wondering if I have to wait for Cyber Monday or just get it for whatever is the lowest price for a 2-yr contract?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014