• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
2tb seagate for $89 free shipping

Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200RPM 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s NCQ 64 MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive

LINK

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

may want to add the price to the title

MeIsCheap said:   may want to add the price to the title

And the fact that this is an internal drive.

Specifically : Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200RPM 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s NCQ 64 MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive

i heard there was gonna be 3tb deals for $99.99 on black friday?? anyone know anything about that?

miles124 said:   i heard there was gonna be 3tb deals for $99.99 on black friday?? anyone know anything about that?

Costco will have a Seagate 3TB EXTERNAL drive for that price on BF, but I don't know if you can make it an INTERNAL drive.

It is pathetic they can sell drives with, 1 year parts and labor warranty.

Wow, nice price drop. That is to say I can save $160 here. Thanks very much.

What does Amazon Prime have to do with this? Isn't it the same price & free shipping without Prime?

harlock001 said:   What does Amazon Prime have to do with this? Isn't it the same price & free shipping without Prime?Can get it Saturday with Prime.

What a quandry... if they make it past 90 days, Seagates last a LONG time. But, since they started making them in Red China instead of Singapore, the early failure rate has gone through the roof.

Amazon ratings: 215 5-star, 83 1-star. Not good!

I think alot of the Seagate drives I have purchased have been made in Thailand and not Singapore... I have a couple of the ST33000651AS 3TB 7200 drives, they have a 5 year warranty so I'm good for awhile, I have one in external for a backup and if one fails just RMA it replace... They are both working great so far though, both made in Thailand.

OneStepAhead said:   What a quandry... if they make it past 90 days, Seagates last a LONG time. But, since they started making them in Red China instead of Singapore, the early failure rate has gone through the roof.

Amazon ratings: 215 5-star, 83 1-star. Not good!

bought a 1tb 2 years ago. it just failed on me, losing 1tb of data. my another seagate 500gb portable hdd failed on me 5 months ago.

good thing is both hdd are under warranty

ablang said:   miles124 said:   i heard there was gonna be 3tb deals for $99.99 on black friday?? anyone know anything about that?

Costco will have a Seagate 3TB EXTERNAL drive for that price on BF, but I don't know if you can make it an INTERNAL drive.

If it's still the USB 3.0 GoFlex that Seagate was selling, you can but it voids the warranty. I cracked open a 2TB USB 3.0 GoFlex when I needed an internal drive in a hurry and it was just a 2TB Barracuda and it worked fine as an internal drive. But the firmware may be different -- it might be slower to reduce heat.

Still, for $99, if it's a USB 3.0 drive, I'll just attach it as is. I have two of the 3TB GoFlex drives and if you disable the "quick removal" option in the Windows device manager (mine are on a UPS and used for backups), they are just about as fast as internal drives. If you have USB 3.0, that is.

This is tempting. I put 2TB and 3TB internal Seagate drives into a Windows 2012 storage pool with parity enabled (Windows 8 can also do this). While writes are slow (30-50MB/sec in a 3 drive configuration), reads are as fast as usual and since they're hosting video files, the write performance doesn't matter more than the redundancy. Win8 & 2012 can also do 2 and 3 way mirroring across different kinds of drives for more precious data. But this is the only way I'd trust these drives.

I've cracked open multiple Seagate external cases and used the drves in my unRAID server. So far all are ticking along fine. While a 2TB for this price is nice I really prefer 3TB since the fewer spindles I have the better. Good price if you're not a storage whore though

are these RAID-friendly?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014