• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very hot, thanks! So what does it really boil down to? What are the worthwhile differences between this version and the one I already have?

Mulox said:   Very hot, thanks! So what does it really boil down to? What are the worthwhile differences between this version and the one I already have?

Since you never bothered to tell us which one you have, or provide an address and allow us to enter your home and find out (LOL), the only difference is the updated video and audio from the regular dvd extended versions. If you have the theatrical cuts then you are looking at around 2 hours more actual movie footage broken up between all three movies.

Extras seem to be the same.

Oh and you can download digital versions also but they are only in SD which is a negative to this set in my opinion.

I keep looking at this set when it is on sale but just haven't bit the bullet yet and upgraded my dvd extended editions.

Almost there. Still regretting not picking it up last December when WalMart had it for $35.

is this the ones with the collectible pictures of the character? The one in WB site for $60?

Green for OP; definitely a nice deal if you must have extended version.

I picked up this one from WalMart when the pre-order was on sale for $9.86 (+S&H) on 10/3. I think I can live w/o the extended versions for an extra $25. To be honest, I don't feel like switching discs half-way through each film, although I understand wanting to preserve the highest quality audio and video.

Of course, I may have to re-buy when everything is sold in 4K... <sigh>

Edit: Make sure you buy this precious to enhance your viewing experience.

Many years down the road now but wanting to hold back a bit because of the new hobbit movies coming out - Thinking about an ultimate collection maybe. 3+ years is a long wait though....Hmmm

deluxe 15-disc set

Damn. In for one. Thanks OP.

edick said:   Many years down the road now but wanting to hold back a bit because of the new hobbit movies coming out - Thinking about an ultimate collection maybe. 3+ years is a long wait though....Hmmm

After they release each Hobbit movie (3 parts) as SD then Bluray then Extendend Version SD then Extended Version Bluray. Stop the madness.

Thanks for this! Been looking for a good deal on the extended edition. This is the best I've seen.

i'm guessing there could be a fire sale of this downward around 20 bux by the time hobbit comes out...... as much of a fan i am... keeping my money in my sane mind while i have it.

Scifiguy123 said:   edick said:   Many years down the road now but wanting to hold back a bit because of the new hobbit movies coming out - Thinking about an ultimate collection maybe. 3+ years is a long wait though....Hmmm

After they release each Hobbit movie (3 parts) as SD then Bluray then Extendend Version SD then Extended Version Bluray. Stop the madness.

Don't forget 3d and 48fps versions of each permutation.

For those wondering about differences, here is an UNOFFICIAL FAQ from a top 10 Amazon reviewer. A guide I always refer people to.

REVIEW LINK

I just remembered that I sold my DVD extended edition, and the BR's I have are standard edition, so I bought one, thanks OP!

Hmm, really trying to avoid buying stuff like this this close to BF. The standard BD's have been as low as $5, so I don't see where more than double that is as cheap as they will get.

If this set has been out for 2-3 years now, why would it go on sale for BF?

This set only came out in May 2012, it was roughly ~$70 back then. This is a great deal, considering how long people were waiting for this extended box set to come. I'm in for 1!

In for one.

It is $96.99

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014