• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833998060&...

Cheap enough to give it a try, and it has good reviews.

Use, $3 off w/ promo code EMCJJJG63, ends 11/19.

Free shipping

Frequency Range: 2.4~2.5GHz
Supporting: B/G/N
VSWR: 2.0
Polarization: Linear
Maximum Gain: 2.0 dBi @2.4 GHz
Radiation pattern: Omni-directional
Impedance: 50 O nominal
Connector: Reverse SMA Pl

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Rosewill Wifi antenna extender
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If position is not your issue, these are super easy to make and really work:

https://sites.google.com/site/apariciofernan... (more)

ironman69 (Nov. 15, 2012 @ 2:37p) |

I only have 1 antenna on my router. So it stil work? Do I need to plug in to my wireless router or place any where in th... (more)

mario09 (Nov. 15, 2012 @ 3:07p) |

sold out

galvodog10 (Nov. 15, 2012 @ 4:50p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can this be used to enhance free wi-fi? Or does this need to be hooked to one's own router?
Thanks!

You can hook it to your wifi card on the receiving device assuming it has a removable antenna. I can't say how well it works as I don't have it yet, but reviews sound pretty positive.

It did is a very good deal, thanks.

I bought one last time and got it delivered but it's still sitting in the box at home. I'm traveling now but will be home tonight, will see if I can find time to test it.

Got one. Thanks, OP.

in for one. Will give it a try.

In 4 one as well.
TYOP

Got one on my router - router is hidden, antenna further in open. Works great!
Cable is SHORT though. Probably 2 feet, maybe 3.

TY OP, going to try it.

thedarsts said:   Got one on my router - router is hidden, antenna further in open. Works great!

I read up on these when I got a similar antenna to improve signal reception for a relative (worked great FYI). Cable length contributes to signal degradation, so you really want just enough extra cable (and no more) to get your antenna into a better position for improved reception. In my previous case, we had a Dell Inspiron desktop with antenna trapped between the back of the server case, a wall and a desk enclosure on each side. Essentially the provided antenna were trapped in a box made of wood & metal. The extension was just long enough to get the antenna up on the desk and the signal went from an unusable 1-2 bars to an excellent 4-5 bars.

I'm assuming this cannot work with an Apple Airport Extreme, right?

In for one. Thanks OP

In for one too! Thank you. Will give it a shot!

Per Amazon.com..."[Compatible with] magnetic baseSMA connector. NOT for TNC interface device."

Would love to jury rig to my single antenna router, but no go for me.. I have a TNC connector. Green for OP.

thedarsts said:   Got one on my router - router is hidden, antenna further in open. Works great!

Can someone tell me what is this used for? I bought a new router recently, but still my internet keeps droping all the time. Is this something useful in such situations.

TIA

MysteriousGirl said:   Can someone tell me what is this used for? I bought a new router recently, but still my internet keeps droping all the time. Is this something useful in such situations.TIA
this is to boost the signal from your router to your computer. if your internet is dropping because your computer's reception signal is poor, this might help. if your wifi signal is already strong, you don't need this. if your signal is strong but it breaks connection all the time, it may be your router or computer's problem. if the signal is consistent to your router, but the internet access keeps breaking up, then you need to call your internet service.

Look like it replace whatever antenna you have on your device/router. 2dB is not a lot, probably you won't see any gain at all.

To me it's mostly about allowing better positioning, not the gain. Worked great for this in my case.

Trying to understand what this does. Do you attach this antenna to your internet router or to your device (eg desktop, PS3)?

Anyone know if this will work with the AT&T Uverse router?

adamsmith said:   Trying to understand what this does. Do you attach this antenna to your internet router or to your device (eg desktop, PS3)?
I used it for a new Dell Desktop with a wireless card. It's a WiFi antenna so you should be able to use it on any WiFi device with reverse SMA connectors, including routers although I'd expect more benefit with clients in most cases.

It's 2dB per antenna with 3 separate connectors, one per antenna. I think it has less gain than the current crop of routers' antennas. Like someone else said earlier, it's more placement than gain benefit wise. You could also use it on the client side but unless you have a wireless PCI card with 3 appropriate connectors you won't make full use of it.

In for one. Nice deal for $6.99 if it works. Worth the shot.

So would we have to unscrew the current antennas from our router and then screw in the connectors? I have never seen one with 3 antennas only 2.

ecomajor said:   So would we have to unscrew the current antennas from our router and then screw in the connectors? I have never seen one with 3 antennas only 2.

You don't have to use all 3, for the price seems still worth it if you only use 2.

ecomajor said:   So would we have to unscrew the current antennas from our router and then screw in the connectors? I have never seen one with 3 antennas only 2.
I bought this the last time around and use only 2 of the antennas to replace the fixed antennas that came on my router's 2 antenna jacks (some routers do have 3). Don't notice much, if any, improvement and agree it's more about having the flexibility to reposition the antennas than any gain they may have. FWIW, the antennas look the same as the ones that originally came with my router.

SpacelySprockets said:   ecomajor said:   So would we have to unscrew the current antennas from our router and then screw in the connectors? I have never seen one with 3 antennas only 2.

You don't have to use all 3, for the price seems still worth it if you only use 2.

I have one of these and it did improve my reception some. It would be especially helpful if you have your router hidden or inside a tv stand etc. It has 3 connections because it was made for Rosewill routers and some of those have 3 antennas. I have used this on both a rosewill 3 antenna and a d-link 2 antenna router and it improved the reception on both although don't expect miracles. As pointed out, the cord is very short. It's a very good buy at this price.

If position is not your issue, these are super easy to make and really work:

https://sites.google.com/site/apariciofernandesresearch/2012-windsurfer-boost-your-wireless-signal

I only have 1 antenna on my router. So it stil work? Do I need to plug in to my wireless router or place any where in the room to get the signal?

sold out

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.