• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT
Disclaimer
Seagate Momentus XT ST95005620AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s with NCQ Solid State Hybrid Drive -Bare Drive

$20 less than I've ever seen it.

NEWEGG ITEM # N82E16822148591

Use code EMCJJJF84 to knock off $30.00, must be an EGG suscriber.

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Seagate Momentus XT
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for 1. Worked for me, but I'm not an EGG subscriber. Am former subscriber though.

Got one of these Hybrid drives earlier this year, am pretty happy with it.

Thanks SithMaster!

--
holiday42

Got one.. Thanks OP.

Got a couple. Thanks OP!

I have a 750, now I have a 500.

They still have your name in the database...

holiday42 said:   In for 1. Worked for me, but I'm not an EGG subscriber. Am former subscriber though.

Got one of these Hybrid drives earlier this year, am pretty happy with it.

Thanks SithMaster!

--
holiday42

SithMaster said:   They still have your name in the database...

Yep, that what I figured, and that's why i mentioned it.

I've been waiting for a nice deal on a 250GB SSD for my Asus K55A notebook, I was thinking and considering this hybrid drive but I have a feeling this will reduce battery life compared to the stock 5400 I have now, and I was actually hoping to go the opposite direction and get more battery life with an SSD... Has anyone who got one of these in a laptop noticed a large decrease in battery life after installing this?

What!!! shouldn't this be like a 1+ TB drive for this price. Whats wrong with this picture.

This is a laptop drive, not a desktop drive...

JaxFL said:   What!!! shouldn't this be like a 1+ TB drive for this price. Whats wrong with this picture.

JaxFL said:   What!!! shouldn't this be like a 1+ TB drive for this price. Whats wrong with this picture.

To answer your questions: no, and nothing.

from my experience this drive is crap. After a few weeks it tries to optimize and blue screen start being frequent. I will RMA mine and hope for the best.

How do you know the drive is the issue, what was the blue screen error code ? Did you run seatools or get a smart report ? Was bios set to AHCI ? What firmware version ?

Just curious...

norcim said:   from my experience this drive is crap. After a few weeks it tries to optimize and blue screen start being frequent. I will RMA mine and hope for the best.

norcim said:   from my experience this drive is crap. After a few weeks it tries to optimize and blue screen start being frequent. I will RMA mine and hope for the best.Sounds like you should RMA that crappy laptop.

4GB flash in the 500GB drive.

FYI...it looks like Amazon matched the price. Link.

code is dead

even Amazaon is back up to $70 now

I told ya it was a deal...

freakinout said:   even Amazaon is back up to $70 now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014