• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
But they didnt confirm which deal site was fraudulent. I still firmly believe KGBDeals is legit and not a scam. Perhaps the company turtlebug posted about was the fraudulent one. I expect to receive my gc.

I got in on the deal and this evening received an email with a credit for my purchase and no explanation

noANANDforme said:   But they didnt confirm which deal site was fraudulent. I still firmly believe KGBDeals is legit and not a scam. Perhaps the company turtlebug posted about was the fraudulent one. I expect to receive my gc.

It appears you are talking about two different things. The KGB Deal site is legitimate. The Cheesecake Factory deal posted on their site appears to have been the result of a fraud (allegedly) created by a third party. If you bought the CF deal from KGB and don't receive an email update soon, I suggest you contact KGB directly.

See the KGB Deals Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/kgb

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase at www.kgbdeals.com.

It is with regret that we are refunding your recent purchase for the $25 for a $50 gift card + 1 free slice of cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory deal. Despite our rigorous vetting procedures, a person misrepresenting himself as a member of The Cheesecake Factory team agreed to offer this compelling deal to our members.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. A refund for your purchase was issued to the credit card used to purchase the deal. Kindly allow 3-5 business days for the refunds to be processed. Rest assured that your credit card information has not been compromised. KGBDeals does not store any credit card data. Your credit card information is securely transmitted to and encrypted by our credit card processor.

If kgbkash was used to make the purchase, your kgbkash has been credited back to your account. Kindly be advised that kgbkash expires 60 days from the date of credit. Please remember to log in before buying a deal to be able to use your kgbkash.

Please let us know as soon as possible if you have any other questions by responding to this link http://kgbdeals.custhelp.com/app/email_us

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to serving you again!

We look forward to serving you again!

Kind Regards,

Your KGBDeals Team

They were probably just mining email addresses for their "daily deals."

Bugger, I got the email too. Even if KGBDeals made a mistake and didn't check their sources, they should honor the deal...or at least offer some sort of offer like $10 off your next purchase.

My apologies to everyone who bought in. We'll get refunds, but it looks like KGBDeals is the biggest loser. With credit card transaction fees and lost opportunity cost, they need new management. They got scammed, not us.

http://www.dailydealmedia.com/789exclusive-kgb-scammed-by-bogus-...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014