That's a seriously tempting deal.

Member Summary

i5
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Out of Stock at Greater Atlanta/Marietta Micro Center

totoo (Nov. 17, 2012 @ 6:33a) |

Back in stock: 10+ in stock in Cambridge, MA.

FatMember (Nov. 17, 2012 @ 9:24a) |

spacejamz (Nov. 17, 2012 @ 11:32a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

WOW! Fantastic deal.

that's a price mistake wont let me choose store

franlofter said:   that's a price mistake wont let me choose store

You're doing something wrong, as I just reserved mine. It was in the email advertisement this morning as well.

Placed an order over half an hour ago, but still have not gotten confirmation email. Hopefully this is not a price mistake.

For what it's worth...

Reservation Summary - Items Ready for Pickup:
Date: 9:08 AM on Nov 16 2012
SKU DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE PER TOTAL
200121 Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz LGA 1155 Boxed Processor 1 $99.99 $99.99
382267 2 Year Replacement Plan - Carry In 1 $9.99 $9.99
Subtotal
$109.98
Tax $6.60

RESERVATION TOTAL $116.58

Ouch... don't know if I can hold out for Black Friday now... very tempting.

HOLY SHIT. WAAAAT? O.o

Considering that Ivy Bridge is only a marginal improvement (like 10%) and that Haswell is still like 3/4's of a year away, that is an amazing deal!

Wow.

No MB combo discount?

Finally got the "pickup ready" email.

Cocheseuga said:   For what it's worth...

Subtotal
$109.98
Tax $6.60

why pay for an extended warranty, boxed CPUs come with a 3 year warranty.

how good is this processor? i have an old i7 930....looking to build another comp thats a bit better...

Weird.. was 10+ in stock 30 mins ago. Now says only 2 left... guess they're going fast?

EDIT: two minutes later and last two gone. Went fast.

Looks like Microcenter payment transaction now take long time to process.
Have not recieved the "Pickup Order Ready" email yet ....

I bought this processor for my build two summers ago right after they fixed the mobo issue, got it from microcenter for $129 or $149 back then. No complaints and I am using the built in graphics instead of a dedicated card (no gaming).

arribasn said:   Cocheseuga said:   For what it's worth...

Subtotal
$109.98
Tax $6.60

Good point. Didn't pay for it yet, so I can drop it. Not sure when I'll get the mobo, this has been a long gathering process (bought the memory last Black Friday).

Out of stock in columbus

Cocheseuga said:   arribasn said:   Cocheseuga said:   For what it's worth...

Subtotal
$109.98
Tax $6.60

Good point. Didn't pay for it yet, so I can drop it. Not sure when I'll get the mobo, this has been a long gathering process (bought the memory last Black Friday).

Hahah, I thought I was the only one who scavenged pc parts for a new pc build.

Finally got the pick up email, great CPU deal!

fatxman said:   No MB combo discount?

Not on this. If you get the 3570k then you get $40 off.

Titleist735 said:   how good is this processor? i have an old i7 930....looking to build another comp thats a bit better...

If you are dying for a upgarde then this plus a Z77 board would be good. If you can wait another 8months then wait. Haswell, and of course a new intel socket, will be out next year.
The current intel socket is 1155. Next year haswell will be socket 1150. So if you upgarde now you will limit your upgrade path. So either do this deal or wait.

Wow, hot deal. This is how much I paid for my Q9300 CPUs. Time to upgrade!

Anyways, OOS in Cambridge.

mindless9 said:   Out of stock in columbus
Lucky me..I scored one. Thanks OP.

Wow looks like I need to guilt trip my friend in Houston to going and picking this one up for me. No Microcenter where I live

I had one in my cart, and tried some combinations to see if I could get a MB discount, since it worked on an unadvertised combination on my HTPC. Still a good deal, great if you are upgrading from a compatible MB, but decided not to pull the trigger.

mAdMaLuDaWg said:   Cocheseuga said:   arribasn said:   Cocheseuga said:   For what it's worth...

Subtotal
$109.98
Tax $6.60

Thanks OP! OOS Cincinnati.

It's OK to save up parts for a build, but be careful. You can end up with 8 cd/rw 8x to 52x, or dvd/rw, 8 or so 10 or 50 or 80 GB hard drives, scattered memory chips/sticks 64k through 8 GB (so far), plus power supplies, etc, that you may never use (much of this may be FAR, but still). My point is don't stock up beyond what you need for the next build, and don't wait too long

Not really a hot deal. No mobo combo $40 discount. Outdated CPU. Will be $49.99 on BF.

fatxman said:   Not really a hot deal. No mobo combo $40 discount. Outdated CPU. Will be $49.99 on BF.

Feel free to post up an ad, since it's not available at any store posted here yet.

fatxman said:   Not really a hot deal. No mobo combo $40 discount. Outdated CPU. Will be $49.99 on BF.

Yeah, so NOT hot that it sold out in basically every microcenter in a matter of hours. Intel doesn't' discount their EOL processors. I will bet you money that you don't see the 2500k at under $100 again before the end of the year, much less the $50 price you quoted.

cattlet said:   mAdMaLuDaWg said:   Cocheseuga said:   arribasn said:   Cocheseuga said:   For what it's worth...

Subtotal
$109.98
Tax $6.60

Thanks OP! OOS Cincinnati.

It's OK to save up parts for a build, but be careful. You can end up with 8 cd/rw 8x to 52x, or dvd/rw, 8 or so 10 or 50 or 80 GB hard drives, scattered memory chips/sticks 64k through 8 GB (so far), plus power supplies, etc, that you may never use (much of this may be FAR, but still). My point is don't stock up beyond what you need for the next build, and don't wait too long

I built my current nearly four years ago, and started seriously looking at an upgrade last year. Picked up 16GB of memory that's waiting to be installed, this CPU and a mobo will happen very shortly. Otherwise, all my current parts should carry over.

4 in stock at Boston/Cambridge Micro Center as of 6:10pm EST according to website.

OOS in OC

Aren't you the poster who always thread crapped any intel cpu thread with your drivel about how bull dozer/AMD will blow Intel out of the water?

Which is strange because every recent performance chart I have seen recently is pretty much all Intel all the top...

CPU Benchmark - High End CPU's - Intel vs AMD

Dumb question... how do you reserve one for pickup? It says "in store only".

In store only because their inventory tracking sucks or its most likely sold out. Its probably sold out by now, and they want you to be at their store. It's probably a loss leader to get traffic to their stores. Good luck finding one.

picked one up at the cambridge MA location ang got a z77 gigabyte board for half of open box crazy good deal if its 50 bucks on black friday ill buy many more haha

Ordered one online and went to pick it up in the dallas location, im glad I did because they were actually sold out when I got there. While I was waiting to ask if they had anymore, the sales guy was telling the guy in front me that the reason they have the intel processors so cheap was because they didn't come with any manufacturer warranty and that he should get the protection plan they offered. Has anyone else heard this from microcenter?

Also I heard another sales associate tell someone that they should try back in three days because thats when the web orders that were placed today will expire.

Thats BS they always try to sell the plan. I told the one today that I repair computers for a living *8 years* and have NEVER seen a CPU die. That is the truth but hey maybe I am lucky sknroiws said:   Ordered one online and went to pick it up in the dallas location, im glad I did because they were actually sold out when I got there. While I was waiting to ask if they had anymore, the sales guy was telling the guy in front me that the reason they have the intel processors so cheap was because they didn't come with any manufacturer warranty and that he should get the protection plan they offered. Has anyone else heard this from microcenter?

Also I heard another sales associate tell someone that they should try back in three days because thats when the web orders that were placed today will expire.

good price, but no store anywhere near by....I'd need a combo deal anywho

spacejamz said:   fatxman said:   Not really a hot deal. No mobo combo $40 discount. Outdated CPU. Will be $49.99 on BF.

Aren't you the poster who always thread crapped any intel cpu thread with your drivel about how bull dozer/AMD will blow Intel out of the water?

Which is strange because every recent performance chart I have seen recently is pretty much all Intel all the top...

CPU Benchmark - High End CPU's - Intel vs AMD
Yes, he is. Think he must be on AMD payroll or something... only he's always saying things that are just plain wrong or clueless... so maybe he's just not too smart?!? Only other option I can think of is he's a weirdo that likes trolling to try and annoy people by saying stupid things.

Skipping 8 Messages...
Danzilla said:   fatxman said:   ensignlee said:   fatxman said:   Not really a hot deal. No mobo combo $40 discount. Outdated CPU. Will be $49.99 on BF.

Yeah, so NOT hot that it sold out in basically every microcenter in a matter of hours. Intel doesn't' discount their EOL processors. I will bet you money that you don't see the 2500k at under $100 again before the end of the year, much less the $50 price you quoted.

Intel fans are like Apple fanboys. They buy them no matter what. They reason why it is sold out is because people are going to eBay it to other dumb Intel lovers. The people that publish articles that says Intel is faster are Intel lovers too. They are so clueless. AMD destroys Intel in real performance. I know because I have always used AMD and only AMD.
I use both, depending on what's best (value-wise, mostly) at the time, and $99.99 for this i5 is a very good deal. I understand you're an AMD fan, but saying stupid stuff all the time like you do just makes AMD look worse because of your supporting it.

We should back off Fatxman....according to his post here in another Intel CPU thread, he has an advanced degree in CPU!!! Normally, I wouldn't give a second thought to this kind of crap, but since it now sticks out about how much he trolls Intel threads (like this one), this was worth it...

fatxman said:    I know what I am talking about. I have an advanced degree in CPU!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.