• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LG 50" 600Hz 720p Plasma HDTV, $399 with in-store pickup (price available at final checkout), exp. 11-02-2012

Model 50PA4500

Native resolution: 1024x768 (720p)
600Hz sub-field driving
USB port: 1
HDMI™/HDCP inputs: 2
Other inputs: RF in, AV in, 2 component video in + audio, digital audio out (optical), RGB in (D-Sub 15pin) - PC, PC audio input, RS-232C (control/service), remote control in

Member Summary

Plasma TV (58.25kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Price to high to be a plasma and 720p.

Pizzero said:   Price to high to be a plasma and 720p.

Sure, you can line up at Sears that will have only 2 in stock BF to get it for $299
http://bfads.net/Sears-Black-Friday-Panasonic-50-Viera-Plasma-HD...

But right now its $100 cheaper than anywhere else for a Panasonic quality plasma.

If there was a Fry's within 100-miles of me, I would be all over this deal.

$150 than on Amazon, lots of good reviews.

Seems like a decent deal if you don't need 1080p.

Could some pixel expert tell me why this model specifically says it is 1080p on LG's site? And yes, this is the same model I just ordered from Frys. Frys advertises it as 720p. Link to same model on LG Is this simply just Fry's marketing it as a 720p so that can charge more for 1080p models? Or is is technically upscaling to get to 1080p?

JasonBargain said:   Could some pixel expert tell me why this model specifically says it is 1080p on LG's site? And yes, this is the same model I just ordered from Frys. Frys advertises it as 720p. Link to same model on LG Is this simply just Fry's marketing it as a 720p so that can charge more for 1080p models? Or is is technically upscaling to get to 1080p?
Although I have seen incorrect product information on LG's website many times, they do have the resolution of this TV listed as 1024 x 768. It will accept 1080p sources, but it is not a 1080p display.

Exactly. The resolution of TV is 1024 x 768. It is a 720p TV. If you see this TV next to a 1080p, the difference is clear (and significant).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014