Error

The message you are trying to link to is not in this topic.

• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Over at Newegg they've got the BP200 (to be released on 11/21) on sale for $49.99 shipped using $20 off code EMCJJJD35
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882005117

It's got SmartTV (apps) and WiFi, but no 3D. From the pictures, it looks like they've gone to an external switching wall wart power supply for this model.

http://www.lg.com/us/blu-ray-players/lg-BP200
"LG SmartTV Features: Premium Content, Yes (Netflix/Vudu/Pandora/Hulu+/YouTube/ Picasa/Amazon Video)"

As far as local network playback, the specs say it's not DLNA compatible. However, other recent LG SmartTV devices I've bought from 2011 forward have a Plex client called "Media Link" that works pretty well, so it's possible the BP200 is the same. No guarantees until someone has one in hand.

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Blu Ray Player (5.69kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Bought this because of the price and Amazon app. But now..

We appreciate your interest in this BluRay player. In reviewi... (more)

CognacXO (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 12:17p) |

If you missed this deal consider yourself lucky. I bought one and am sending it back to Newegg at a cost to me of $14.34... (more)

Diogenes (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 1:58p) |

Seriously? I bought this and had it shipped to my in-laws, expecting it can do Amazon Video. That's a huge disappointmen... (more)

Yuyak (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 3:54p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

If the Blu-ray player is not a 3D one, but TV is 3D TV,

can I see the 3D movie?

Damn you OP!!! I thought I was done spending money THX!!!

@gaore I think it depends on your TV and the 3d technology you have. I have the LG7600 something and it converts live 2d Content TV / DVDs / Etc into 3D.

Very tempting. New, with wifi for this price is pretty nice. I wish more bluray player came with Skype/webcam support though.

Thanks OP! In for one.

Anyone know what the shipping is like on preorders from Newegg? Do they ship the day it launches? Or do they try to deliver the day it launches? I've done video game preorders, but never something like this.

Great Find. Thanks.

How do you browse the sites on your tv, does this one have a keypad on the remote?

Does anyone know if this can play MKV files through an attached USB drive?

Thanks

gaore said:   If the Blu-ray player is not a 3D one, but TV is 3D TV,

can I see the 3D movie?

I don't think so. You will need TV, Bluray, Movies, all 3 in 3D, and of course, glasses.

Where did you see that it will work with Amazon Instant Video? It is not on Amazon's list of comaptible Blu Ray players and LG's product description does not mention Amazon.

Nice!

Diogenes said:   Where did you see that it will work with Amazon Instant Video? It is not on Amazon's list of comaptible Blu Ray players and LG's product description does not mention Amazon.

This player has not been released yet, so I'm not surprised it's missing from the Amazon list.

See the LG link in the OP. Here's one that goes straight to LG's tech specs:

http://www.lg.com/us/blu-ray-players/lg-BP200/technical-specific...
"LG SmartTV Features: Premium Content, Yes (Netflix/Vudu/Pandora/Hulu+/YouTube/Picasa/Amazon Video)"

Great deal, I just brought a Samsung one from woot otherwise I would be all over this.

Thanks for that info. I'm in.

If this really plays WMV, M4V, and FLVs, it will be the ideal player for me. But I just won't believe it until I see it. In for one and hoping against hope that it can really play all those video formats - especially the FLVs and WMVs.

Thanks OP for the notice.

dwopks

In for 1, thanks OP!

gaore said:   If the Blu-ray player is not a 3D one, but TV is 3D TV,

can I see the 3D movie?

If a tree falls in the woods, does it still make a thud?

In for 1, thanks!

Will this play AVI files?

Nice deal wish it had 3D though - I'm holding out for that

Sold out.

OOS

Tarajunky said:   Sold out.
agreed, perfect price point

Got one at Target $60.00 -5% for useing there Red card.

I just bought 2 Sony S390 last night before seeing this!!!!

Bought this because of the price and Amazon app. But now..

We appreciate your interest in this BluRay player. In reviewing our online content, it has not been found where any mention is made of Amazon Video features. Amazon Instant Video and Amazon Prime have not been added to any of our 2012 Smart TV model lines, which includes the Smart TV BluRay players. This was a decision made by Amazon. At this time, we have no information available as to whether this feature will be added.

If you missed this deal consider yourself lucky. I bought one and am sending it back to Newegg at a cost to me of $14.34 in return shipping. This player does NOT have "LG Smart TV (Premium + Apps)" as claimed in the product description at Newegg. It has only the following apps: Netflix, Vudu, You Tube, Accu Weather and Picasa. That's it. Yes, I checked to make sure I had the latest firmware.

In addition, the remote control takes forever to do anything. Press a key and wait ten seconds for anything to happen. You won't appreciate how aggravating this is until you try it. I was so disgusted by this time that I didn't even try to play a Blu-ray disc.

I would consider this to be a case of false advertising and defective design but for $14.34 I am not going to fight it. I am not buying anything from Newegg or LG again. I am sure they do not care.

Diogenes said:   If you missed this deal consider yourself lucky. I bought one and am sending it back to Newegg at a cost to me of $14.34 in return shipping. This player does NOT have "LG Smart TV (Premium + Apps)" as claimed in the product description at Newegg. It has only the following apps: Netflix, Vudu, You Tube, Accu Weather and Picasa. That's it. Yes, I checked to make sure I had the latest firmware.

In addition, the remote control takes forever to do anything. Press a key and wait ten seconds for anything to happen. You won't appreciate how aggravating this is until you try it. I was so disgusted by this time that I didn't even try to play a Blu-ray disc.

I would consider this to be a case of false advertising and defective design but for $14.34 I am not going to fight it. I am not buying anything from Newegg or LG again. I am sure they do not care.
Seriously? I bought this and had it shipped to my in-laws, expecting it can do Amazon Video. That's a huge disappointment. Don't know if I want to go through with the hassel of asking them to ship it back and arguing with Newegg. ugh...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014