• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seems to be a repeat of last year's promotion with possibly the following exception:

Rewards Cards can be redeemed any time between January 7, 2013 and March 3, 2013.

Link

Our Gift Card is a ticket to a culinary adventure that you can give to your family, friends, co-workers, and even yourself. Itís good for anything on the menu, which means whoever receives it can indulge in the flavors that will deliver maximum happiness. Our Gift Cards can easily be reloaded to make sure that California creativity is always a dining option.

* Gift Cards cannot be used at international locations, airport locations, stadiums, and the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas. Please refer to Gift Card FAQ for full terms and conditions.

Shipping Information: Orders received Monday through Friday by 2 PM ET are processed the same day.

DAY ORDERED USPS Ground DELIVERY FedEx 2-DAY FedEx OVERNIGHT
by 2 PM ET (FREE) ($6.50) ($11.25) ($20.00)
will deliver will deliver
Monday Wednesday Tuesday
Tuesday Thursday Wednesday
Wednesday Friday Thursday
Thursday 5-7 business days 3-7 business days Monday Friday
Friday Tuesday Monday
Saturday Wednesday Tuesday
Sunday Wednesday Tuesday

Questions? Contact giftcards@cpk.com or 1-800-91-WECARE

Member Summary

California Pizza Kitchen
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Spoke w/Mark @ 1-800-91-WECARE about the situation - there seems to not be a firm process in place on how to handle the ... (more)

JustaGYnAZ (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 8:38p) |

Got a response to my Tweet to @calpizzakitchen that the Black Friday deal was in-store only. Yeah, well proofread your e... (more)

lobbybee (Nov. 24, 2012 @ 12:12a) |

CPK is offering the online version of this deal today (Friday, December 7th) from 10am - 11am Pacific Time and 2pm - 3pm... (more)

chrisfinleyoh (Dec. 07, 2012 @ 12:35p) |

FAQs

Deal Summary:

Typical Deal - Purchase $100 GC (B&M only), receive ONE $20 limited-time GCs, use one AMEX-synced card for $10 credit/$25 purchase ($100 GC - $20 GC -$10 AMEX = $70 outlay or 30% off)

Typical Deal (BF) - Purchase $100 GC on Black Friday (B&M only), receive TWO $20 limited-time GCs, use one AMEX-synced card for $10 credit/$25 purchase ($100 GC - $40 GC -$10 AMEX = $50 outlay or 50% off)

Maximum Deal (BF) - Same as above but using FOUR AMEX-synced cards for $10 credit/$25 purchase ($100 GC - $40 GC - $40 AMEX = $20 outlay or 80% off)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got this email too, just thinking if Costco offer is better, $79 for $100 gift card all year round

this makes it hotter if you use AMEX ($10 back after $25). I wonder if you can use 4 AMEX card to purchase this $100 gc, making it 40% off after your AMEX credit

I bought this last year when they have double $20GC back when you buy $100. The problem is that gift Card you received is not the real card, you have to print it out on paper and can't be exchanged to real GC. So during the holiday season I have to carry that piece of page to pay the bill.

kobe4mvp said:   this makes it hotter if you use AMEX ($10 back after $25). I wonder if you can use 4 AMEX card to purchase this $100 gc, making it 40% off after your AMEX credit

So far I don't see why not as long as all four cards are synced for the $10 back after $25 promotion. This could be used where you have one or more cards and/or buddy up with others to make up a total of four cards purchasing the one $100 card in a CPK location per the terms of the $10/$25 deal.

How do I purchase CPK Gift Cards?
You can purchase Gift Cards from all of our full-service California Pizza Kitchen locations or order gift cards online today! We also offer electronic gift cards that allow gift givers the opportunity to send their gift instantly.

For most people, the deal with this combination looks like 30% off using one AMEX-synced card ($100 GC - $20 GC - $10 AMEX credit = $70 outlay).

The fine print of the AMEX offer says "in-restaurant" purchase. Can anyone confirm that the $10 credit will still come through with an online GC purchase?

With one synced AMEX, It's $90 outlay for $120 in gift cards (75 cents on the dollar) so it is 5% better than the costco deal (79 cents on the dollar).

archena said:   Got this email too, just thinking if Costco offer is better, $79 for $100 gift card all year round

Same here, Costco is the best deal for CPK gift card.

Had three AMEX cards. Bought $100 worth of CPK GCs and did on these 3 cards and got $20 bonus card (B&M store). Effective $120 worth of GCs for $70. Got AMEX acknowledge emails for all the 3 cards within minutes.

HEELLOO said:   Had three AMEX cards. Bought $100 worth of CPK GCs and did on these 3 cards and got $20 bonus card (B&M store). Effective $120 worth of GCs for $70. Got AMEX acknowledge emails for all the 3 cards within minutes.

Doing the math a little differently, it would look like this:

$100 GC - $20 GC - $30 (3 x $10 AMEX credit) = $50 outlay or 50% savings.

Maximum savings would be $60 or 60% using four cards with $40 net. Not sure how many people can utilize the maximum deal but I'm sure there are those who can.

Thanks OP. Celebrated my birthday there this year, would definitely go back.

Black Friday Special
Purchase $100 in Gift Cards and receive (2) $20 Rewards Cards!
Offer valid 11/23/12 from 8am - close.

archena said:   Black Friday Special

Thanks archena - now the deal is getting sweeter for those who can take advantage of the deal requirements:

Typical Deal - Purchase $100 GC on Black Friday (B&M only), receive TWO $20 limited-time GCs, use one AMEX-synced card for $10 credit/$25 purchase ($100 GC - $40 GC -$10 AMEX = $50 outlay)

Maximum Deal - Same as above but using FOUR AMEX-synced cards for $10 credit/$25 purchase ($100 GC - $40 GC - $40 AMEX = $20 outlay)

JustaGYnAZ said:   archena said:   Black Friday Special

Thanks archena - now the deal is getting sweeter for those who can take advantage of the deal requirements:

Typical Deal - Purchase $100 GC on Black Friday (B&M only), receive TWO $20 limited-time GCs, use one AMEX-synced card for $10 credit/$25 purchase ($100 GC - $40 GC -$10 AMEX = $50 outlay)

Maximum Deal - Same as above but using FOUR AMEX-synced cards for $10 credit/$25 purchase ($100 GC - $40 GC - $40 AMEX = $20 outlay)

Repenting why I bought my GCs with one $20 offer. Missed $20 rewards card

Can anyone confirm/deny that these are treated as true stored value and not as $20 coupons, like TGIF and Outback, where you can only use one of the "bonus cards" per table, can't combine with other coupons or special offers, etc.? If they're really stored value, then I'll try to get on the BF deal, else I'll just continue with the Costco deal. I'll probably buy a couple of $25 cards at CPK for the $10 rebate, too.

Chris.

Has anyone been able to purchase the $100 GC and confirm 2 x $20 rewards cards? On check out, my cart only shows one $20 rewards card.

I specifically remember seeing both rewards cards listed in my cart when I did this deal last year.

I haven't seen the double rewards show up either. It showed up in my cart last year, but I see nothing on their website, or Facebook or Twitter sites about the double rewards happening. I got an email and it said 9am to 11am but I have no idea whether that means Pacific or Eastern time. I've been trying to buy gift cards for the past several hours from the website and haven't seen the double rewards appear yet. So frustrating!

Ok, so I finally found time to do this deal myself AT A B&M and I can confirm that two $20 Rewards Cards are provided with each $100 Gift Card purchased. While there was a sign out front stating the original $20/$100 deal as shown on the website, the reverse side noted the hours of 8am to 11am. I asked to speak to a manager and explained how both the website and sign didn't clearly show the BF change and he said the it would be honored the whole day until closing. Each Rewards Card is treated as a cash card outside of the date range 01/07 - 03/03 which is printed on the face of the card itself. Lastly, I have two AMEX-synced cards so I split the $100 payment between them and received the SYNC emails before I even walked out the door. For me, the deal worked out to be $100 - $40 - $20 = $40 outlay or 60% off.

Calling the 800# to see what they can do about online orders placed today honoring the B&M $40 RC through closing today - if someone already has the details, please post!

Spoke w/Mark @ 1-800-91-WECARE about the situation - there seems to not be a firm process in place on how to handle the online orders placed today but he agreed on a couple of possibilities:

1. Call/go to your local CPK tonight or through the promotion period w/email receipts and see if the manager agrees to try and work out some resolution.
2. Check w/the 800# folks to see how it can be resolved via mail/email (currently advising people to visit their local CPK).

Got a response to my Tweet to @calpizzakitchen that the Black Friday deal was in-store only. Yeah, well proofread your e-mails before you send them out, because it clearly states "ORDER ONLINE OR VISIT YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN"

CPK is offering the online version of this deal today (Friday, December 7th) from 10am - 11am Pacific Time and 2pm - 3pm Pacific Time. I ordered my $100 gift certificates and two $20 rewards gift cards appear in your basket. So this deal is LIVE now and again in a few hours.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014