• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Upgrade
With Promo Code
EMCYTZT2546

Upgrade from Windows XP, Vista and 7

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm only posting the deal. I didn't write the software.

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

$40 Digital Download from Microsoft.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just am trying to save people money.

Pro Tip: Save yourself $40 and don't sign on to walled gardens. Send a message to Microsoft that Windows 9 should live up to the "Life Without Walls" moniker.

But how much does MS charge to get a disk to go with the download? Personally I want a hard copy since I usually wipe and reload my HDD once a year.

craig001 said:   But how much does MS charge to get a disk to go with the download? Personally I want a hard copy since I usually wipe and reload my HDD once a year.

You can burn it yourself for free. Installer will generate an ISO and the Win7 DVD/USB tool works with Win8 ISOs just fine.

asuka said:   $40 Digital Download from Microsoft.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just am trying to save people money.

Pro Tip: Save yourself $40 and don't sign on to walled gardens. Send a message to Microsoft that Windows 9 should live up to the "Life Without Walls" moniker.

I don't see on MS site any download for $40.00. It shows up as $69.99. Can you post the link where you can download for $40.00? Thanks.

mmoledina said:   
I don't see on MS site any download for $40.00. It shows up as $69.99. Can you post the link where you can download for $40.00? Thanks.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/buy

$69.99 is for DVD.

$39.99 is for download with option to burn ISO to DVD

Here is why this is a deal (if you need Win8):

$39.99 download is for a limited time only (ends January 2013) and is ONLY for 32 OR 64 bit, not both. Plus you have to burn it to another media (flash drive, DVD ewtc.) if you want to keep it. AND they charge tax to everyone.

This deal is shipped, no tax (for most) and comes with BOTH 32BIT and 64BIT physical media. Plus you get 1.5% back FatCash. I don't need it now but I know I will in the next year or so, I'm in - thanks OP!

ItsJustDon said:   Here is why this is a deal (if you need Win8):

$39.99 download is for a limited time only (ends January 2013) and is ONLY for 32 OR 64 bit, not both. Plus you have to burn it to another media (flash drive, DVD ewtc.) if you want to keep it. AND they charge tax to everyone.

This deal is shipped, no tax (for most) and comes with BOTH 32BIT and 64BIT physical media. Plus you get 1.5% back FatCash. I don't need it now but I know I will in the next year or so, I'm in - thanks OP!

RE:
AND they charge tax to everyone.

They cannot charge tax for residents of Oregon.
In fact no one can.

Is this the same as the item at Staples in late October for $39.99 for the disc OTD with their coupon?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014