• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.frys.com/product/7344774?site=sa:adpages%20page:P2_FR...

Click here
This is a very nice pre black friday deal from FRYS.... $288 tax + Free shipping/instore pickup.

Details:

Lenovo G580, Intel Pentium PDB980, 15.6" Screen Display, Notebook with 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive, Windows 8
Mfr: Lenovo Model: 59345881
FRYS.com #7344774 UPC: 887263986278

Limit 1 per Household.
(when purchased between 11/16/2012 and 11/21/2012)

Shipping: In stock, ships same Business Day
Store Pickup: Check Availability
Detailed Description | Tell a friend | Warranty Info

Price: $288.00

Lenovo
See Lenovo discounts that earn Up to 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Lenovo G580
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

dual-core processor? Seems a but dated even for the price

I suspect for 299 you'll find plenty of i3's on BF.

I'm confused as heck trying to get the best deal on a laptop. So this isn't a very good deal? Where should I turn to find the best deal for everyday use? Thanks!

I'm confused as heck trying to get the best deal on a laptop. So this isn't a very good deal? Where should I turn to find the best deal for everyday use? Thanks!

not seeing the free shipping option

scoutinspections said:   I'm confused as heck trying to get the best deal on a laptop. So this isn't a very good deal? Where should I turn to find the best deal for everyday use? Thanks!

If you are green to this stuff, look for at least an i3-3xxx or an A6-4400M or better. Other systems lesser may be fine, but may not. Odds are unless you know your CPUs, those are a good baseline. Avoid AMD E and C series, Pentium, and Celeron unless you know they are a good fit for your needs.

scoutinspections said:   I'm confused as heck trying to get the best deal on a laptop. So this isn't a very good deal? Where should I turn to find the best deal for everyday use? Thanks!

This laptop is pretty standard fare, If you mean general use as in Web browsing and the usual internet stuff, most office apps, then this laptop is plenty power to handle. This cpu is close to an i3, much better than netbook class cpus like the the amd E series and Atoms. Don't expect to play modern games. If you want to play , then look for their Y series , as they have discrete graphics most of the models. Or AMD A series with at least an A6 model.

not seeing the free shipping option

How does this compare to the Staples BF deal for the HP Pavillion Sleekbook for $299?

The HP and Lenovo specs look similar to me. The "original" price of the Lenovo laptop is ~$400 while that for the HP is $530. Anyone aware of why one would be better than the other?

HP Specs are:
IntelŪ PentiumŪ B987 1.5GHz 2MB L3 Cache Processor
4GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory, Expandable to 8GB
320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
14.0-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768)
Windows 8

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014