• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

These Dr. Dre iBeats Earbuds are priced to sell out quickly- so act now. A major telecommunication firm bundled these custom made ibeats with a major cell phone and we got a great deal on the excess. With its small size and great sound, these quality engineered ibeat earbuds blow you away. These buds make bass heavy music sound fantastic, and you can listen to tracks at high volume without even the slightest hint of distortion! The headphones include a mic for calls and a forward, back, play and pause controls for music. You will have full control over your music and phone communications.

Member Summary

Beats by Dr. Dre
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Check out how good the fakes look on Youtube before you pull the trigger. The posters even tell you where to get the fa... (more)

a918V (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 12:37a) |

What is the appeal of these? They were reviewed poorly on head-fi, in addition to the terrible reviews on Amazon and Bes... (more)

MechanicalMan (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 12:52a) |

Excessie Bass? Celerity endorsements? Trendy acceptance? Mic and in-line controls?

That's about it. I was almost sucked i... (more)

coolbreeze (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 12:56a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FWIW; these don't sound great, but they do have full music control on Android phones (I tested HTC and Samsung). Unlike most headphones that only do play/pause, but this has track control as well as play/pause. They originally came with the HTC Rezound.

Here we go again.... REAL or FAKE?????

Should be noted in the OP these are "New-Other"...meaning they are not in the original packaging.

"bigdeals" isn't an authorized reseller, so 100% fake.

respdoc said:   Should be noted in the OP these are "New-Other"...meaning they are not in the original packaging.

No.

There never was an original package - they were inside the box of a phone.

coolbreeze said:   "bigdeals" isn't an authorized reseller, so 100% fake.

These were never sold as a stand-alone product, they were an accessory for the HTC Rezound. These are most likely overstock from the Rezound, or were taken out of the box of refurb units.

scoobydooby said:    No.

There never was an original package - they were inside the box of a phone.

Yes.

I don't care if they were originally found in some secret cave. It is fine to assume products are "new" (as in what you would find in any normal retail store..factory-sealed packaging, original factory inserts, etc)...if nothing is mentioned. If they are not (i.e. used/factory seconds/refurbished or in this case...in some type of bulk packaging)..it should be noted. Not rocket science.

I agreed this kind of item should never be claimed as new. Shame on eBay.

724 sold

where did he get so many? This should be new, fake or real.

f2000sa said:   724 sold

where did he get so many? This should be new, fake or real.

I'm guessing from Verizon overstock, since they are the only ones that ever sold them. Probably purchased a few thousand of the Rezound, and took the headphones out to sell separately.

Several other sellers on eBay as well. Also these were mentioned on that other bargain site (SD) at $40 on eBay and hundreds sold. These were packaged with the HTC Rezound phone, therefore no box but the one that the phone came in. Also they are supposed to have a shirt clip (not even mentioned in the auction) since the controls are so far down on the phone without having to shout at your groin to speak. The iBeats are software specific to the Rezound so controls may or may not work fully on your device. I was on the fence with these but too many cons on these that I will wait to see if there are any good bargains on over the ear Beats on black friday.

One thing is for sure real or not these have zero warranty(aside from DOA I assume from seller).

akbungle said:   One thing is for sure real or not these have zero warranty(aside from DOA I assume from seller).

Auction description says 30 days for returns which is generous for eBay.

scoobydooby said:   coolbreeze said:   "bigdeals" isn't an authorized reseller, so 100% fake.

These were never sold as a stand-alone product, they were an accessory for the HTC Rezound. These are most likely overstock from the Rezound, or were taken out of the box of refurb units.

I stand corrected. They may be real then. Hmm, have $45 in eBay bucks...hmmmmm

Will the volume and call buttons work with any Android phone? If so, I'm in!

For $45, anyone that is willing to do some research and take some time can find a better set of buds for the price.... and not get labeled a douchnozzel... : ]

I'll still give ya green though, OP.

Hmm, reviews on Amaz0n are brutal. Basically, they seem to fall apart after a month of normal use (give or take). It's safe to assume these have ZERO warranty, so I'm out.

Is this an eBay ad?

whoever said:   Is this an eBay ad?

Was the word "eBay" in the title your first clue?

GudSpellur said:   whoever said:   Is this an eBay ad?

Was the word "eBay" in the title your first clue?

Doesn't matter. I won't be lured in anyway.

Check out how good the fakes look on Youtube before you pull the trigger. The posters even tell you where to get the fakes for $20 including shipping.

What is the appeal of these? They were reviewed poorly on head-fi, in addition to the terrible reviews on Amazon and Best Buy. It seems like you could do better for $46.

MechanicalMan said:   What is the appeal of these? They were reviewed poorly on head-fi, in addition to the terrible reviews on Amazon and Best Buy. It seems like you could do better for $46.
Excessie Bass? Celerity endorsements? Trendy acceptance? Mic and in-line controls?

That's about it. I was almost sucked in and my only wants were good sound and working controls/mic on Android so who knows.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.