Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Seagate 3TB External USB 3.0 - $99.99 Shipped @ Amazon.com

First page
1 of 3
Butcherboy
11/17/12 3:10 PM
Seagate 3TB External USB 3.0 - $99.99 Amazon.com

Amazon dropped the Seagate STCA3000101 3TB USB 3.0 External to 99.99 Shipped To Your Door.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00829THQE

fritze op
WikiPost
11/17/12 3:11 PM
Seagate STCA3000101 [ image/jpeg - 9.69kB ]
nietsni3
11/17/12 3:16 PM
is costco going to have the same drive for $90 during BF?
raider73
11/17/12 3:16 PM
Amazon sucks, it was $89.99 several months ago and I ordered 4 and they claim price mistake and shipped only 1, and now they charge tax also.
geowrian
11/17/12 3:21 PM
raider73 said:   

Amazon sucks, it was $89.99 several months ago and I ordered 4 and they claim price mistake and shipped only 1, and now they charge tax also.

Yes, Amazon sucks because they had a price mistake that you tried to take advantage of (really...buying 4?), and actually sent you one anyway. And they suck for complying with government laws. Imagine that.
Butcherboy
11/17/12 3:26 PM
raider73 said:   

Amazon only charges tax in a few states

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

California
Kansas
Kentucky
New York
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Texas
Washington
No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.
labboypro
11/17/12 3:33 PM
Better deal than Costco because 1) I just bought it in my pajamas, 2) I didn't have to wait until next weekend, and 3) 5% Discover CB (better than 3% Costco True Earnings AMEX CB).
mega
11/17/12 3:47 PM
Looks like Amazon is OOS at $100. Available from 3rd parties for much higher
namlook
11/17/12 3:48 PM
geowrian said:   

raider73 said:   

Yes, Amazon sucks because they had a price mistake that you tried to take advantage of (really...buying 4?), and actually sent you one anyway. And they suck for complying with government laws. Imagine that.

That's not accurate. People have a right to be upset with Amazon over this. There was no law that said they had to do it. Amazon could have continued to avoid sales tax in CA but they negotiated an agreement to do it.

"Amazon and the state tax collector, who have been at loggerheads for years over the issue of Internet sales taxes...

Amazon last year struck a deal with Gov. Jerry Brown. The company promised to open two 1-million-square-foot distribution centers in Northern and Southern California and to start charging sales tax..."
IrfanPathan
11/17/12 3:51 PM
for opening 1M sq ft center, they got money from state which now every resident is paying for in the form of taxes! I cancelled my prime once Amazon started charging taxes in CA
namlook said:   

geowrian said:   

raider73 said:   

That's not totally accurate. There was no law that said they had to do it. Amazon could have continued to avoid sales tax in CA but the negotiated an agreement to do it.

"Amazon and the state tax collector, who have been at loggerheads for years over the issue of Internet sales taxes...

Amazon last year struck a deal with Gov. Jerry Brown. The company promised to open two 1-million-square-foot distribution centers in Northern and Southern California and to start charging sales tax..."

First page
1 of 3
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.