• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples In store price: $49.99
- $25 off camera coupon Here
- $5 off 25 coupon = $19.99 + Tax Here

Both coupon scanned without any issue or override. Not available for display but you have to ask someone to get it from the back.

Member Summary

Fuji Ax550
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
went to my local store, picked up the camera for 20 dollars. Thanks OP.

buyitnowornever (Nov. 17, 2012 @ 10:12p) |

Still showing $69.99 on line/available in store only. Staples coupons scan for 1-2 days after expiration and many store... (more)

my4mainecoons (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 10:40a) |

But on Amazon.com, jx500 is cheaper.

tomprc (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 10:51a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal! When I look online, the price is $69.99 for my store. What zipcode store did you go to or does the price online show $49.99 or $69.99?

Just called a store that doesn't have it in stock to see if the price was different from the website and they said it was $69.99 :/

Scored one for $26+ OTD. They would not take the $5 coupon. $25 coupon says "Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon". And first I had to deal with them telling me that they did not have it; inventory system is not good..blah...blah-blah. then she rechecks on the computer and it shows that they had 3. She goes in the back, and only finds one. Then she tells me that the price is $66+...I was ready to walk out and I mentioned that it was found online for 49xx. She punched a few keys in the pc and was like oh yeah it's $49xx. then she tries to sell me a warranty for $12....No thanks.

thanks OP!

Though online price is 69.99.. in store it rings for $49.99 on the register.

FYI...they also had the Fujifilm FinePix JX500 for $60, so it might be attractive to some folks.

Wow - showed $69.99 online, price check at store was $66.99 but rang up $49.99! Planned on buying just one at $69.99 b/c but after it rang up, ran home to get another coupon and went back and got the 2nd one! Then noticed 4G memory cards on sale for $4.99 and got two of those. I feel like it's Christmas for me!! Thanks OP!!! Mucho Verde!

Guys can I show the coupon on my ipad or phone? I am not home and really really need this, can't find my other digital. does anyone know?

nvrmind read the coupon says good on mobile device - w00t! WO HOOOO!!

thought i got a good deal at $35 2 days ago... oh well

emmd2001 said:   thought i got a good deal at $35 2 days ago... oh well
return-rebuy

Just grabbed one for $21 and came back. One thing bad about it is -- even though it can set battery type to NiMH, it still seems to be too picky about the slightly low voltage of NiMH batteries, my fully charged "stay charged" 1.31v batteries are definitely full, and they show as low right in the camera, and would auto-shut off after only a few shots.

This is dumb, they should provide a way to get rid of the stupid low battery auto-shutoff, or set a lower voltage level for shut-off.

Thanks OP!!

Rang up @ $49.99, though told over the phone price was $66.99. Used $25 coupon, clerk read the fine print and wouldn't let me use $5 coupon.

Forgot to get the $4.99 4gb SDHC cards, ordered them online using Discover card, free shipping on this item.

Just picked one up for $25. Got some G2 pens and compressed air.
Regarding the NiMH battery problem reading low, I noticed when turning the camera on it gave some battery menu. I have not gone back to that menu to study it (this is an xmas present).

my4mainecoons said:   emmd2001 said:   thought i got a good deal at $35 2 days ago... oh well
return-rebuy

would only work if i could get to Staples today...

emmd2001 said:   thought i got a good deal at $35 2 days ago... oh well

The $35 camera from last week has a lit-ion battery,Digital zoom, better resolution,AVI motion JPEG, Better reviews and was a better deal!
$70 camera for $20 save $50 or $90 camera for $35 save $55, best deal was last weeks camera!

Just got back from Staples. Both coupons went through but the manager came over afterward and said the $25 coupon only applied to clearance and regular priced cameras and not to cameras that were "on sale" and the Ax550 was "on sale". Bottom line was that I got it for $20.00 plus tax. The next person won't be as lucky but here on the east coast there are only a few minutes left to use the coupons anyway.

I can conform i was able to use the $25 off any camera coupon i didnt even try to use the $5 off coupon wasnt worth it to me. But they have it in thier system as as $69.99 but it rings up as $49.99.

My short review,
This is my first impressions with the camera in the first 5min.

1. The camera feels cheep
2. The software is cheap
3. The lens is plastic.
4. You get some major light glare when looking at lights/sun

Great deal, just scored one with no issues. $19.99 with both coupons! Thank you OP!

I couldn't decide between the AX550 and the JX500. JX500 was oos. So I bought the AX550 in store and ordered the JX500 at the kiosk, paid in store and used both coupons on both orders. Got the $4.99 SD card w/the AX550. Will be returning one, just don't know which one.

Went for the other Fuji Model JX500 used both coupons no issue.

"... said the $25 coupon only applied to clearance and regular priced cameras and not to cameras that were "on sale"..."-quote from Diognenes,
Sounds exactly like the manager I met Got it for $20 anyway. Good deal for my kid, thx OP! (I should've use my $10 off $25 hurricane coupon, but I used it up this morning, damn!)

thanks Op!

had no issues here, they had them in the back.....he (manager) said it was a new model (???) ...... brought it out. The shelf said $119... the tag said $49.99, closeout item, he let some kid ring me up and thd kid just took the $25 off of it no question. only one left in store when I left.

had no issues here, they had them in the back.....he (manager) said it was a new model (???) ...... brought it out. The shelf said $119... the tag said $49.99, closeout item, he let some kid ring me up and thd kid just took the $25 off of it no question. only one left in store when I left.

my4mainecoons said:   I couldn't decide between the AX550 and the JX500. JX500 was oos. So I bought the AX550 in store and ordered the JX500 at the kiosk, paid in store and used both coupons on both orders. Got the $4.99 SD card w/the AX550. Will be returning one, just don't know which one.
The only difference I can see is 16mp vs 14m. What's good about jx500?

tomprc said:   my4mainecoons said:   I couldn't decide between the AX550 and the JX500. JX500 was oos. So I bought the AX550 in store and ordered the JX500 at the kiosk, paid in store and used both coupons on both orders. Got the $4.99 SD card w/the AX550. Will be returning one, just don't know which one.

comes w/ Li ion battery, power adapter, usb cable; thinner and I presume lighter; maximum resolution

tomprc said:   my4mainecoons said:   I couldn't decide between the AX550 and the JX500. JX500 was oos. So I bought the AX550 in store and ordered the JX500 at the kiosk, paid in store and used both coupons on both orders. Got the $4.99 SD card w/the AX550. Will be returning one, just don't know which one.

I went to my local store to check these out. They had the display of the JX500, but were OOS on new units. They had two AX550s in stock. I asked if they could get an AX550 box so I could compare the two. The kid pulled the camera out of the box, and I saw it was quite a bit thicker than the JX500. The JX500 also includes rechargeable batteries, the AX550 does not. The cameras do seem quite similar overall.

They offered to order the JX500 for me with free overnight shipping, and I went for that over the AX500 because of the smaller size and the included rechargeable batteries. The kid also told me the AX500 was $69.99, but he was likely mistaken based on all the other posts here. I think I still would have gone for the JX500. $32 OTD after tax and both coupons. The kid was impressed. Very nice deal!

went to my local store, picked up the camera for 20 dollars. Thanks OP.

Still showing $69.99 on line/available in store only. Staples coupons scan for 1-2 days after expiration and many stores will accept them after expiration as long as they scan.
So, in theory one could pick up the camera, toss it in the Eco bag and get an additional 15% off.
I've already got mine and I have a good relationship w/ "my" cashiers so I'm not going to do this, but it couldn't hurt to try.

my4mainecoons said:   tomprc said:   my4mainecoons said:   I couldn't decide between the AX550 and the JX500. JX500 was oos. So I bought the AX550 in store and ordered the JX500 at the kiosk, paid in store and used both coupons on both orders. Got the $4.99 SD card w/the AX550. Will be returning one, just don't know which one.

comes w/ Li ion battery, power adapter, usb cable; thinner and I presume lighter; maximum resolution

But on Amazon.com, jx500 is cheaper.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014