• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Polar Trax outlet closeout: was $39.95, now $14.93 plus free shipping

Available in medium, large, and extra large

Exp. 11-26-2012

The Ice Trekkers Polar Trax Outdoor Traction system is the perfect addition to running and hiking footwear. Put these on and gain amazing traction.
•Steel-alloy abrasion resistant X-Beads™ provide hundreds of cutting edges for sure footing
•Multidirectional traction in snow and ice
•Highly durable and comfortable design makes them a great choice for excursions
•The Ice TrekKers Polar Trax Outdoor Traction system offers easy on and off thanks to stretchy rubber construction
•Closeout

Size chart reflects sizing for normal shoes. Add one size for hiking/work boots. Add two sizes for insulated boots:
•Medium: Men’s 6.5 - 9 / Women’s 7.5 - 10.
•Large: Men’s 9.5 - 12.5 / Women’s 10.5 - up.
•X-Large: Men’s 13 - up

REI
See REI promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Ice Trekkers Polar Trax Outdoor Traction System
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice find!

nice find but how the size goes? a M fits what?

IceGoth said:   nice find but how the size goes? a M fits what?

Look at the size chart at the bottom of the OP.

They get pretty good ratings on Amazon, but some people complain about them breaking. Will REI refund money if they break? I know they are usually pretty good.

Every item you purchase at REI is 100% satisfaction guaranteed. They pretty much keep up with all my purchases/receipts and let me bring stuff back for ANY reason.

Yea, never had an issue returning ANYTHING to REI - love that service when something doesn't work out, even if its more than a year later (i.e., snowboard gear bought @ year end clearances, etc)

Anyone have any feedback on these vs yaktrax?

In for 2, thx & green OP

All I know is yaktrax break down very quickly, and are WAY over hyped. Been thru several pairs until I knew there were other options! .... these look great and can't beat the price. It's always good to have one pair in the car, in the house, @ work, whatever!

I use Microspikes for hiking and see almost all the chronic hikers using them too.

Sometimes you can get them 20% off or so. No experience with the product in this thread.

JamesTKirk said:   I use Microspikes for hiking and see almost all the chronic hikers using them too.

Sometimes you can get them 20% off or so. No experience with the product in this thread.

yup, those look great but cash-wise at the moment no can do! I did get some 32degree north ones from a FW deal awhile back and those seem ok too but not as beefy as the ones you linked to

These look like tire-chains for your shoes/boots. Are you able to drive with them on (reasonably)? I'm a courier and fell three times two years ago when people didn't throw salt out on their walkways.

No, seriously. Are these good to drive while having them on?

I can't imagine these are any better than yaktrax or microspikes to drive in....I wouldn't recommend walking in these on hard ground that wasn't frozen - I'm planning on doing a winter obstacle race (like Spartan or Tough Mudder) up & down ski slopes - think these would be a good addition!

thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.