Costco Black Friday TV deals start 11/18

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Like the title says, Costco is starting black friday a little early on their TV's.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/6on9yw.jpg

Pulled From S/D Thanks To calichris The OP

Member Summary

Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
TV's 90 days + one extra year Warranty, So get a 2ed year Warranty for free.

Butcherboy (Nov. 19, 2012 @ 8:32p) |

Also looking at this Samsung: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BG47BE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_...

Both have similar specs... (more)

Sach (Nov. 19, 2012 @ 8:37p) |

bump!

cyruskaker12 (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 1:59p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

the original prices are somewhat of a lie
for example item #
960650 is right now $1499, not $1899
so the discount is another $400 off, not really $800 off

nothing great about the TV deals, sams is better than costco

Guess we should be at SD rather than FW as so many things are posted there first

As to the price list, many of the TVs at Costco have had IRs and the IRs are increased for "BF period".

So any opinion on which 55" or 60" is a good deal?

docjoo said:   So any opinion on which 55" or 60" is a good deal?
Same question I am going to ask here.

looking for 55" one none 3D

Similarly to above, and sorry in advance if slightly OT and this belongs in "Deal Discussion", but would appreciate thoughts on the following:

1. 2D only vs. 3D capable.

2. Edge lit LED (thin) vs. Full array rear lit LED (bulkier); picture qualities mostly, but also audio quality. Realize this could be a generalization but unit specific comments certainly welcome.

horizon6 said:   Similarly to above, and sorry in advance if slightly OT and this belongs in "Deal Discussion", but would appreciate thoughts on the following:

2. ......but also audio quality.

With so many soundbar products available, audio quality shouldn't be a major factor in your decision.

I can confirm that the 50" Panasonic plasma has stunning picture quality, and $549 is a ridiculously good price for that TV.

MontyBurnsFW said:   I can confirm that the 50" Panasonic plasma has stunning picture quality, and $549 is a ridiculously good price for that TV.

Doesn't plasma consume more electricity than LED? Also, I heard that plasma screen doesn't last long as LED. But that was about 5 years ago. Has plasma technology changed so that it is better than LED? IF so, why is plasama so much cheaper than LED? There much be some kind of disadvantage to be less favored by the consumers.

Plasma can have burn in. I have a Samsung 59" which is a couple of years old. A logo is burned in at the bottom right. Will be there forever. I think plasma has more vibrant color (fake - like the old CRT's). If you want lifelike, go to LCD. Plasma does not suffer from off axis viewing as much as some LCD's which can lose contrast. That said, I have had problems with 3 LCD's - a Sharp 65" which went blank (apparently parts are now hard to find) and two cheap 37" LCD's - I think they were all power supply problems (no picture). Nowadays - toss and get a new one. I guess it depends on your personal preferences and viewing conditions.

OldTiredGuy said:   Plasma can have burn in. I have a Samsung 59" which is a couple of years old. A logo is burned in at the bottom right. Will be there forever. I think plasma has more vibrant color (fake - like the old CRT's). If you want lifelike, go to LCD. Plasma does not suffer from off axis viewing as much as some LCD's which can lose contrast. That said, I have had problems with 3 LCD's - a Sharp 65" which went blank (apparently parts are now hard to find) and two cheap 37" LCD's - I think they were all power supply problems (no picture). Nowadays - toss and get a new one. I guess it depends on your personal preferences and viewing conditions.

Another factor at my house is kids. My kids would break an LCD very quickly but Plasma being glass makes it a bit more durable to flying toys and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Not sure if this is nation wide but price drops another $50 today 11/18 for the Panny 50 in plasma. I went to Costco in Orange county, CA expecting to pay $549 but it is currently at $499. The price is at $699 with instant $200 rebate off. They charged tax on the $699 price though. Just FYI if you recently picked one up and need to do a price adjustment. I don't think the price can get any lower for black friday.

Amazon has matched the price. $549 with free shipping (and possibly no tax, depending on where you live.)

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P50U50-50-Inch-Plasma/d...

As for the worries about plasma as a technology: Honestly, you're fine. Modern plasmas aren't the same as the ones from a few years back. The TVs are somewhat heavier, other than that, I know of no real downside.

In the end, no one who looks at your TV is going to have any idea what the specs are but you. What matters is how the TV actually performs, and as someone who has this one, I can say the screen quality is nothing short of amazing. Pay $549, and put the $1,000 you didn't spend into something else.

just got Samsung UN55EH6050 for $849 Rear Lit. Price is good for rear lit model.

palex1 said:   just got Samsung UN55EH6050 for $849 Rear Lit. Price is good for rear lit model.

In-store closeout? I don't see that one on the website.

i want to buy the samsung 65 inch (UN65EH6050) on-line but do not see it. Is it in-store only?

only in store. here is link to my new post with price posting image:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1234825/

also, 60" was for $1049.

bigdaddy007 said:   i want to buy the samsung 65 inch (UN65EH6050) on-line but do not see it. Is it in-store only?

http://www.costco.com/Samsung-65%22-Class-1080p-LED-HDTV-UN65EH6...

MontyBurnsFW said:   Amazon has matched the price. $549 with free shipping (and possibly no tax, depending on where you live.)

As for the worries about plasma as a technology: Honestly, you're fine. Modern plasmas aren't the same as the ones from a few years back. The TVs are somewhat heavier, other than that, I know of no real downside.

In the end, no one who looks at your TV is going to have any idea what the specs are but you. What matters is how the TV actually performs, and as someone who has this one, I can say the screen quality is nothing short of amazing. Pay $549, and put the $1,000 you didn't spend into something else.

Be aware that Plasma has lots of glare, so it is better in a dimly lit room. Not good for day time viewing or with bright lights on. With that said, in a dark or dimly lit room, Plasma kicks butt!

I tried to find the difference between UN65EH6050 and UN65EH6000 on the samsung website (http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/compare). Any idea? It looks they were the same prices but the 6000 series has drop in price although the costco price for the 6050 is now the same as the discounted 6000.

bigdaddy007 said:   I tried to find the difference between UN65EH6050 and UN65EH6000 on the samsung website (http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/compare). Any idea? It looks they were the same prices but the 6000 series has drop in price although the costco price for the 6050 is now the same as the discounted 6000.

Costco models are often the same but with slightly different model number (and maybe a different colored bezel or remote) to avoid direct comparisons with other stores

Samsung 55EH6000 is 877.99 on Amazon. Similar to the Costco one.. http://amzn.com/B0074FGSBY

MontyBurnsFW said:   Amazon has matched the price. $549 with free shipping (and possibly no tax, depending on where you live.)

I could change my name to Plasma Boy..but I like my initial name. So here we go folks..pro and cons from the plasma boy:

1. Cheap Plasma TV suck...period. that includes Sanyo and lower end Samsung and even lower end plasmas. They use multi layer glass panels to try to be as good as the mid range plasmas.
2. Plasmas work best in a Dark room. LCD/LED in bright rooms. In a dark room, the plasma will show rich and deep darks
3. No soap opera effect with plasmas. Movies are shown naturally..not the look like you shot the movie with your flip video recorder.
4. No lost of contrast with viewing angles. The person at the center of a sectional couch will have no better view than the side person.
5. No motion issues with plasmas.
6. Plasmas do give off heat....its getting colder now.
7. Plasmas are heavy.
8. Most top TV experts state the best plasma will beat out the best LED/LCD.

My biggest problem is that soap opera effect.....you can turn down motion blur...but that means in high motion shots..you get blur.

If you get a plasma...there is a difference between panny's low end and mid end. You can go high end..but panny middle end is pretty good. (ST30...now ST50 series). Try to see the TV in the store will low lights. Some Best buys have sets located in lower light areas. Try to get the remote to make sure the screen is not set to standard mode...plasmas need to be tweak to get the best contrast and color. Ignore Amazon reviews...see the tv yourself.

Get a cheap LCD over a cheap Plasma. Get a mid range cost plasma over expensive LED/LCD. And if you want a 70 or 80 inch...its only LCD anyway...I cant imagine how heavy a plasma would be at that size.

oh...buzzing..yes some plasmas do make buzzing sound. The panasonic does it with no picture..black screen. Samsungs had more of a problem. Well..I can live with it..since I dont watch too many black screen only movies.

Samsung TV's already on sale a week early! beat the crowd to a good deal

Where are the best TV deals this year? Looking for a 3d tv, and seems like panasonic at Amazon or best buy is the best deal.

Actually there are very little differences between Samsung UN65EH6050 and Samsung UN65EH6000. Only fundamental difference is found in their dimensions. The dimension of Samsung UN65EH6000 with stand is Height x Width x Depth (inch) = 31.49x54.49x8.99 and the dimension of Samsung UN65EH6050 with stand is Height x Width x Depth (inch) = 34.4x58.4x3.79.

rashidulsust said:   Actually there are very little differences between Samsung UN65EH6050 and Samsung UN65EH6000. Only fundamental difference is found in their dimensions. The dimension of Samsung UN65EH6000 with stand is Height x Width x Depth (inch) = 31.49x54.49x8.99 and the dimension of Samsung UN65EH6050 with stand is Height x Width x Depth (inch) = 34.4x58.4x3.79.

Thanks, it also looks like the Dynamic Contrast Ratio is different:
4,500,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio (6050 model)

5,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio (6000 model)

Strange that the Samsung site has the price of the 6050 $1000 higher (although we all know that Costco and the Samsung BF has it for $1,499).

Still think i will pull the trigger and buy it at Costco.

does any one know if we buy an laptop online, do they charge shipping for it?

pavan1980 said:   does any one know if we buy an laptop online, do they charge shipping for it?

Yes, in effect all stores charge for shipping. It's just a matter whether shipping is included in the listed price or is enumerated separately. The cost of shipping in bulk to retailers is also included in those prices and you need to add your cost of traveling to the retail location to know your true cost.

As far as costco.com, look at the specific product on-line at costco.com. If the product is available on-line it will state whether shipping is included in the quoted on-line price, or if it is an additional charge. This will vary by item.

Some items are available at both costco.com on-line and the warehouses and you may see a line near the top of the on-line item description that will indicate that the item may be available at your local warehouse for a "cash-and carry price" which is often lower than the on-line product price due to the retailer's savings on individual shipping. So have a look.

@rashidulsust, I am not sure of the dimensions of Samsung UN65EH6000 is Height x Width x Depth (inch) = 31.49x54.49x8.99 (with stand)

Bhphoto http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/841018-REG/Samsung_un65eh6... has
Dimensions (WxHxD): 58.4 x 36.5 x 13" / 148.34 x 92.71 x 33.02 cm With stand
58.4 x 34.4 x 3.8" / 148.34 x 87.38 x 9.65 cm Without stand

Can someone comment on Samsung UN60EH6050 ($1049) Versus Vizio E600iA3 ($979)??? Both are 60" and are around the $1000 to $1,100 mark. I am more interested in the PQ rather than the Netflix Pandora connectivity. I have a Roku as well as WMC that are already hooked up and hence don't need really need a Smart TV...
Thanks
dallasburn

Isn't the Vizio E600iA3 the same one that will be at WalMart for $688 on BF? Probably not a close battle if they're close in price, but the BF price makes the Vizio a no-brainer for me. Is Costco going to match the WalMart price? If I remember correctly that's the only tv listed on that jpeg that didn't have a BF price.

docjoo said:   MontyBurnsFW said:   I can confirm that the 50" Panasonic plasma has stunning picture quality, and $549 is a ridiculously good price for that TV.

Doesn't plasma consume more electricity than LED? Also, I heard that plasma screen doesn't last long as LED. But that was about 5 years ago. Has plasma technology changed so that it is better than LED? IF so, why is plasama so much cheaper than LED? There much be some kind of disadvantage to be less favored by the consumers.

I'm on year 5 of a Panasonic plasma and no problems with burn in or screen life. I can only imagine newer ones are even better.

In regards to picture quality, Plasma is still the best. It makes my DLP and LCD tv's look smudgy in comparison.

The drawbacks are weight and electricity. They weigh close to 100 lbs which requires a decent sized wall mount, unless you have a recessed mounting area the TV is going to be ~4 inches off the wall. Also, they use quite a bit electricity and heat is a distinct byproduct.

bargainron said:   MontyBurnsFW said:   Amazon has matched the price. $549 with free shipping (and possibly no tax, depending on where you live.)

Be aware that Plasma has lots of glare, so it is better in a dimly lit room. Not good for day time viewing or with bright lights on. With that said, in a dark or dimly lit room, Plasma kicks butt!

Glare's generally not an issue now. Even with my 5 year old 50" plasma and a 20 foot by 10 foot wall of windows at a 90 degree angle to it I can watch it with no problems mid-day. Newer plasmas have much better anti-glare coatings than mine to boot.

For people who who do not have a price constraint and needs a quality TV, I would suggest you to go with Samsung 8000 and 9000 series, they are a big bang for your buck.....They come on deals too, so you can hunt one....

I wasn't comparing WalMart's BF deal. It a door-buster price for a very few of them and I am not really up standing in the queue for hours in the hope of that deal.
dallasburn

hitofrog said:   Not sure if this is nation wide but price drops another $50 today 11/18 for the Panny 50 in plasma. I went to Costco in Orange county, CA expecting to pay $549 but it is currently at $499. The price is at $699 with instant $200 rebate off. They charged tax on the $699 price though. Just FYI if you recently picked one up and need to do a price adjustment. I don't think the price can get any lower for black friday.

The one is Pittburgh had this for $499. I was actually going in to get a price match for it to $549(as I bought it for $599 in late sept) and I was surprised that the lady handed me $107 and I told her that she gave me too much and she said that it dropped another $50 starting that day(11/18). I ended up buying 2 more of these. One for my bedroom and one for an xmas gift for my parents. The picture quality is top notch and you don't get the refresh problem LEDs(especially watching football or hockey)....plasmas are better sets than LEDs for the money IMHO.

maseline98 said:   hitofrog said:   Not sure if this is nation wide but price drops another $50 today 11/18 for the Panny 50 in plasma. I went to Costco in Orange county, CA expecting to pay $549 but it is currently at $499. The price is at $699 with instant $200 rebate off. They charged tax on the $699 price though. Just FYI if you recently picked one up and need to do a price adjustment. I don't think the price can get any lower for black friday.

The one is Pittburgh had this for $499. I was actually going in to get a price match for it to $549(as I bought it for $599 in late sept) and I was surprised that the lady handed me $107 and I told her that she gave me too much and she said that it dropped another $50 starting that day(11/18). I ended up buying 2 more of these. One for my bedroom and one for an xmas gift for my parents. The picture quality is top notch and you don't get the refresh problem LEDs(especially watching football or hockey)....plasmas are better sets than LEDs for the money IMHO.

So to confirm, the price is $499 at Costco B&M as well? I don't have a BJs membership but am a Costco member. In any case, when I checked BJs inventory online, all the stores in my area were either sold out or only had the display model left.

Skipping 8 Messages...
bump!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.