Costco Black Friday TV deals start 11/18

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Does Plasma use more electricity than LCD/LED tvs? Yes. I recall that Cnet has done a test measuring the power consumption of all HDTVs. A 55" LED TV will use about $25/year of electricity. I have an older 50" panasonic plasma which wasn't tested, but the 47" version used $70/year. So, I figure I'm using $50 more electricity with my plasma.

Guess what, you can have your LCD/LED tvs! Give me my plasma, its that much better! or has Charleston Heston would say "you have to pry it from my cold dead hands...." Good Luck!

Anybody familiar with the return policy? I know theyll take anything back, but I read about people getting banned once in a while.

I bought a 47" like 2 months ago, and returned it the next day, unopened, and bought a 55". Now its been about 2 months but I hate the dumbed down smart features on it so I want to return it for a different 55" with better smart features.

Is this frowned upon with Costco?

rashidulsust said:   Actually there are very little differences between Samsung UN65EH6050 and Samsung UN65EH6000. Only fundamental difference is found in their dimensions. The dimension of Samsung UN65EH6000 with stand is Height x Width x Depth (inch) = 31.49x54.49x8.99 and the dimension of Samsung UN65EH6050 with stand is Height x Width x Depth (inch) = 34.4x58.4x3.79.

My 6 year old 46" Samsung has two HDMI inputs but it's ancient in "TV years". It's seriously annoying that in 2012 they're still only including TWO HDMI inputs on these TVs at this price point. It just doesn't make sense when many of us now have multiple HDMI devices we want to connect.

Adding some more Plasma vs LCD
Plasmas weigh a lil more....but once on the wall...who cares? If on stand- they are more sturdy and less prone to falling down after kids' accidents
LCDs last longer....while most Plasmas havea life of 15yrs...LCDs have a life of 20+ years. The point is moot.
Plasmas do consume more electricity...some of it is given out as heat (not a bad thing unless you live in AZ) but about 25/year is ok even for more FWers
LCDs make everything look cartoonish. One reason why the demo material on several LCDs is either HGTV or Cartoon movies.

Price on Amazon is currently $599....

toprammin said:   Anybody familiar with the return policy? I know theyll take anything back, but I read about people getting banned once in a while.

I bought a 47" like 2 months ago, and returned it the next day, unopened, and bought a 55". Now its been about 2 months but I hate the dumbed down smart features on it so I want to return it for a different 55" with better smart features.

Is this frowned upon with Costco?

TV's 90 days + one extra year Warranty, So get a 2ed year Warranty for free.

Also looking at this Samsung: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BG47BE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_...

Both have similar specs so trying to decide which one to get.

bump!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.