• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Cheap 32in TV at Best Buy with free shipping.
Coby 32" Class LCD 720p 60Hz HDTV $149.99

Another inexpensive 32" TV.. Haier L32A2120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV $179 at Amazon with free shipping. (UPDATE: NOW $149)

No, these are not Sony TVs.. these are el cheapo name brands, I know that.

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Coby 32" (90.76kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

RE:
Cheap 32in TV at Best Buy with free shipping.

Surely the lowest price ever for a new 32 inch

Read the reviews, pretty bad.

Amazon shows the Haier now for $149!

forzaINTER said:   Cheap 32in TV at Best Buy with free shipping.

Another inexpensive 32" TV.. Haier L32A2120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV $179 at Amazon with free shipping.

jhindmon said:   Amazon shows the Haier now for $149!

forzaINTER said:   Cheap 32in TV at Best Buy with free shipping.

Another inexpensive 32" TV.. Haier L32A2120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV $179 at Amazon with free shipping.

Yup, with better reviews.

we got a dynex and haier for bedrooms and have seen no problem. after Sony bravia broke it off in my as788 with the bad lcd screen does it really matter about name. it is all made by the same chinese kid.

What do you think the chances of scoring the 40" Toshiba from BB online on BF for $179? Does it make sense to spend the extra $30 plus tax?

isjka said:   What do you think the chances of scoring the 40" Toshiba from BB online on BF for $179? Does it make sense to spend the extra $30 plus tax?

When you see the 2 sizes side by side, you will really want at least a 50 inch

1me2ao said:   we got a dynex and haier for bedrooms and have seen no problem. after Sony bravia broke it off in my as788 with the bad lcd screen does it really matter about name. it is all made by the same chinese kid.

I am hesitant to buy another Haier. Our Haier lasted about 30 minutes. The Coby did better, lasting 13 months. Both were bought with the knowledge that they would not likely last.

In contrast, our Sony big screen is in its 4th year, having survived an episode of spontaneous-combustion-at-3 AM. (Edison forensics cited the factory power cord. The surge protector, alas, did not make it, getting rather melty.)

Friends with Dynex and most Insignia have had no complaints, other than the terrible aesthetics. Where do they hire these design people from? The Elbonian Institute of Art?

I would buy any other brand besides Coby. Everything I have ever bought from them has been junk. I would buy Sceptre, Proscan, Emerson anything but Coby.

And while $149 is cheap - remember, a few months ago WalMart had a Quantum View 1080p for $169 (worked with Samsung remote codes so hint to possibly who makes tv). Haier is reportedly (on this forum) $97 on BF at AMZ though it may be tough to get because its a lightening deal.

During the week of BF, $149 for 720p is not hot imo.... no offense to the OP.

And if you don't believe me, read reviews and here is a quote from a poster in the SD parallel thread:

Nsomnia1006 said: I bought a coby 32'' led tv for around $230.00 in the beginning of the year and it only lasted 5 months. Should have known better to buy a coby product after buying a coby cd player that only lasted a month in the early 2000's. Piece of crap didn't even last 6 months. From the research I did it looks like a lot of people had the same problems with a coby tv. What a waste of money..

Both seem to be back to cheaper price Coby 219.99 at BB and Haier 179.99 at Amazon

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014