• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I believe this is the cheapest it's ever been at Amazon, including last holiday season.

Wondering if it will go any lower this holiday season since it's been out a while now?

Amazon Link to Star Wars: The Complete Saga

... and please ... let's not turn this into a debate on how these versions suck compared to the original versions ...

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-Ray)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm waiting for the new Disney version to come out where they replace the gun with a stuffed teddy bear.

I'd wait for them to de-Lucas the original trilogy. The Mouse isn't stupid. He knows that'll be a rainmaker.

Hi Time to correct This!! It will no longer will be The complete Saga. Long Live George, Master of the Stars Wars environment. Lucas will stay on as an adviser for the new Star Wars trilogy.Disney LucasfilmsText

So does this version have the original theatrical cut? Are there any bluray sets that do?

EDIT: nevermind. found the answer myself. There's a nice little chart on the product page (the answer is no on both counts)

Has everyone heard of "Machete Order" for watching the SW movies? You skip Episode 1

I've been thinking about what order to watch the SW movies when I start watching with my now 4.5 yo son and came across the topic. Quite funny too. Many other posts about it but this is the original.

Machete Order

bru20 said:   Has everyone heard of "Machete Order" for watching the SW movies? You skip Episode 1

I've been thinking about what order to watch the SW movies when I start watching with my now 4.5 yo son and came across the topic. Quite funny too. Many other posts about it but this is the original.

Machete Order
yeah, I've been meaning to try that too. The logic makes sense to me

Yuyak said:   bru20 said:   Has everyone heard of "Machete Order" for watching the SW movies? You skip Episode 1

Machete Order

If you watch them in episode order you can be disappointed in the order that George Lucas first intended...

GudSpellur said:   Yuyak said:   bru20 said:   Has everyone heard of "Machete Order" for watching the SW movies? You skip Episode 1

Machete Order

If you watch them in episode order you can be disappointed in the order that George Lucas first intended...

I'm a Star Wars fan, and like anything I love, I love the flaws for making it what it is.... everyone hates Jar-Jar, but that's something that unifies SW fans worldwide, unlike the "Han shot first" dispute.

Obviously you don't like them for whatever reason, why bother talking about them at all?

Which leads me to: Disney was responsible for tying a good budget onto Avengers.. if you've heard of it.... what's so bad about them shoveling money into another cash cow for some solid return?

ebbikenezer said:   
Which leads me to: Disney was responsible for tying a good budget onto Avengers.. if you've heard of it.... what's so bad about them shoveling money into another cash cow for some solid return?

I'm looking forward to see what the next movies will hold. Just like I looked forward to the prequels. Hearing that Ford and Hamill among others were open to reprising their roles made me think of the last Indiana Jones, which was bad. If they make cameos, fine. The movies most likely won't feature them either way.

Regarding the Lucasfilm sale, the fact that I own stock in DIS makes it ok with me as the SW franchise will be a huge money maker for them .

Does this play on a non-blue ray player

MrScuba said:   Does this play on a non-blue ray player

It plays on my black Blu-Ray player just fine.

Wow ... the price is up to $135 at Amazon right now, never seen it that high.

Back down to $69.99 again ... wondering if it will ever drop further.

MrScuba said:   Does this play on a non-blue ray player
Does your BETA play in your VHS player?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014