Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

OBi110
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For those not familiar with the product. This is a handy tool to use Google Voice and such services. Text from Amazon:

Product Features

Works with Google Voice for FREE calls to the USA and Canada through the end of 2012 - Great international rates too!

VoIP Telephone Adapter (ATA) and Analog Line Gateway Supports: GV and SIP Services; Callcentric, Sipgate, Vitelity, Voip.ms, etc.

Make free calls on the OBiTALK Network - Connect to other OBi Devices or use the free OBiON for iPhone application or OBiAPP for your PC.

OBi Calling Features: Caller ID, Call Forward, Anonymous Caller Blocking, Message Waiting Indication, Three Way Conference Calling

OBiTALK Portal Features: Manage Your OBi, Connect to Your Friends' OBi Devices, Add Services, Download Apps for PC, Speed Dial Up to 99 OBi Endpoints or Phone Numbers

don't see that price anymore.

any one has words on status of this:
"Works with Google Voice for FREE calls to the USA and Canada through the end of 2012 "
we're already approaching end of 2012.

They have been saying the same thing for years.
Most agree that they will keep it free until they reach critical mass.

azz777 said:   don't see that price anymore.

"Works with Google Voice for FREE calls to the USA and Canada through the end of 2012 "

It is showing $45.98 for me.

classicmac said:   It is showing $45.98 for me.

Classic Amazon ...low ball pricing for a few hrs /days ..get some interest then jack the price up .

It's understandable ... but still a pain if you were not quick enough to get in on the deal.

And I have one ...it is wonderful!

tomasSC said:   They have been saying the same thing for years.
Most agree that they will keep it free until they reach critical mass.

azz777 said:   don't see that price anymore.

I'm using the OBI 100 with Google voice and it works great. Just one question: Why does Google let you make free calls? There are no ads that you have to listen to on calls. Is it just out of the goodness of their heart? Can't see how they make money off this, unless it's just good publicity.

miqie said:   I'm using the OBI 100 with Google voice and it works great. Just one question: Why does Google let you make free calls? There are no ads that you have to listen to on calls. Is it just out of the goodness of their heart? Can't see how they make money off this, unless it's just good publicity.

They are collecting tons of voice data and transcription quality feedback with this service. This is key to their voice-based user interface, especially in mobile. Google "Google Now" and check it out. It's amazingly good on the new Nexus 4 phone and the Nexus tablets. Well ahead of Apple's Siri.

Back to $38.24 now.

Can't make up my mind if I really need one ...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014