Prometheus 4 disc blu-ray $15 amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is my first post. I was checking prices on the Prometheus blu-ray when I found this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0085Z8F4A/...

Member Summary

Prometheus 4 disc blu-ray
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The 2nd one is going to be made, then they will release a boxset. Despite that, $14 is ridiculous. The movie was riddl... (more)

biguprastafari (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 7:05p) |

We are reviewing the movie, when you start getting personal, you reveal your own limitations. I can only imagine you ha... (more)

drmorb (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 8:22p) |

Um, no. We are reviewing the Deal.

skidmark (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 9:44p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

4 discs.....maybe i'll actually understand this flick if I watch them all. More than likely, just 4 times as confused.

Best Buy is also selling this blu-ray set for $14.99 with no minimum purchase and free shipping. Also, Best Buy has the regular Blu-Ray edition on sale for $12.99.

It seems that Amazon and Best Buy are in a real price competition this year. When one lowers a price the other soon matches! I prefer Best Buy because I don't need to spend $25.00 to get free shipping and because I can pick it up at the local Best Buy (2 locations near me) if it's out of stock on-line. Here in California I get hit with tax at both Amazon and Best Buy so there's no advantage for Amazon.

bgadds said:   4 discs.....maybe i'll actually understand this flick if I watch them all. More than likely, just 4 times as confused.

Problem with this movie was all the build up, there's really nothing to it, and the story is mediocre. Just take it at face value, has some great space CGI.

drmorb said:   bgadds said:   4 discs.....maybe i'll actually understand this flick if I watch them all. More than likely, just 4 times as confused.

Problem with this movie was all the build up, there's really nothing to it, and the story is mediocre. Just take it at face value, has some great space CGI.

Yep, such a disappointment it was

Not a disappointment for me. Very deep.

Of course this was valid till yesterday

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1233614/

apriori said:   Not a disappointment for me. Very deep.

Depth is relative...

SUB said:   drmorb said:   bgadds said:   4 discs.....maybe i'll actually understand this flick if I watch them all. More than likely, just 4 times as confused.

Yep, such a disappointment it was

Almost Matrix Reloaded level pissed off for me. What a letdown of a movie.

drmorb said:   bgadds said:   4 discs.....maybe i'll actually understand this flick if I watch them all. More than likely, just 4 times as confused.

You're "mediocre", sir.

===================
Prometheus: Head and shoulders, above and beyond. A most engaging film on many levels (See Gee Eye among them). Worthy of your time. Worthy of multiple viewings. Certainly worth owning at this price.

Good first post, in for one at this price.

Early price drops to this degree may indicate slumping sales, but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy the movie; we'll see. My father hated it, but he's also the type to hate something like The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus or Micmacs. Mr. Scott don't fail me now.

The Jon Spaihts "Alien: Engineers" screenplay is much leaner and cleaner than the final product. It is clear that many of the dumber elements of the movie were introduced much later in the process, to the film's detriment. http://www.prometheusforum.net/Alien-Engineers.pdf

Good find.. I was going to pay the $19.99 a few days ago.. maybe wait till Thanksgiving to buy..

I enjoyed this flick. Problem was everyone expected it to be Alien. It wasn't.

Mediocre if you are used to typical hollywood fare and don't use your mind to understand the nuances.

Its a $15 3D BluRay with excellent visuals and killer extra content. Last year $17 or so was the BF pricing on 3D BD's. Great price on a recent release. It might go cheaper in the next 12 months, but with Fry's, Amazon, and Best Buy all hitting the $15 3D BD price, this is probably the way to go if you want it.

namlook said:   drmorb said:   bgadds said:   4 discs.....maybe i'll actually understand this flick if I watch them all. More than likely, just 4 times as confused.

Mediocre if you are used to typical hollywood fare and don't use your mind to understand the nuances.

There aren't any nuances that make the movie better. Here's a pretty good portrayal about some of the many inconsistencies in the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBaKqOMGPWc (warning: spoilers and perhaps NSFW).

That said, I imagine this is a good deal at $16.

Love this movie! Great deal, thank you.

Great post...also enjoyed the movie...will enjoy it more at home in 3D and for $15...IN FOR ONE!

It helped kill time on the 11 hour flight to Brazil, but I can't say I was thoroughly impressed with the plot. Anyway good deal for those who liked it.

apriori said:   Not a disappointment for me. Very deep.

That's what SHE said...

decent if you really liked it. I rented it bluray at Redbox and it was cool. 3d movies are finally coming down its about time. I would not buy this as im not a big alien fan but a killer price rep up!

Bought this for $20 from Amazon (pre-order price reduction from the original $25 price). D'oh! The special features are edumacational and help explain what the movie left out.

The 2nd one is going to be made, then they will release a boxset. Despite that, $14 is ridiculous. The movie was riddled with plot holes, but was STILL a great addition to the franchise. Visually, it was stunning. Back to that $14...do it..I'm in for one. Thanks OP.

HTuttle said:   drmorb said:   bgadds said:   4 discs.....maybe i'll actually understand this flick if I watch them all. More than likely, just 4 times as confused.

You're "mediocre", sir.

===================
Prometheus: Head and shoulders, above and beyond. A most engaging film on many levels (See Gee Eye among them). Worthy of your time. Worthy of multiple viewings. Certainly worth owning at this price.

We are reviewing the movie, when you start getting personal, you reveal your own limitations. I can only imagine you have buyers remorse, which I did as well, hence labeling this film, the one I wanted to see more than anything this year, mediocre. I watched it three times. The first time I fell asleep and thought I must have missed something, but did not like it. The second time I thought well it's alright. The third time I started saying ok, it's worth having for the few space CGI ie the familiarity effect is kicking in and I'm starting to like it because I know it. This movie rightly bombed and the great Ridley Scott should stop telling people he spent 20 years on it, and maybe say he busted it out in a weekend.

drmorb said:   

We are reviewing the movie ...

Um, no. We are reviewing the Deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014