• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Refurbished Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System @ Moofi.Woot.com - $99.99

shipping adds $5.00

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Nice find OP.

That is a good price for sure.

Has anyone considered Verizon's Home Phone Connect as an alternative to Ooma and other VOIP services? VZ HPC works on VZ's cellular network. Basic plan starts at $10 a month which includes nationwide long distance, caller ID and other stuff. The major advantage of this device is that it does not have to be connected to the internet. I ordred it to test it out (14 day trial) ... should arrive tomorrow. If anyone is interested in how my trial went, feel free to PM me.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/home-phone-connect.shtml

$10 if you add it to an existing VZW plan, more if you get it by itself...

david5182 said:   That is a good price for sure.

Has anyone considered Verizon's Home Phone Connect as an alternative to Ooma and other VOIP services? VZ HPC works on VZ's cellular network. Basic plan starts at $10 a month which includes nationwide long distance, caller ID and other stuff. The major advantage of this device is that it does not have to be connected to the internet. I ordred it to test it out (14 day trial) ... should arrive tomorrow. If anyone is interested in how my trial went, feel free to PM me.

A Ooma Telo will be available for the same price with free shipping on Costo.com from 23rd to 25th Nov

Thanksgiving Ooma Deal @ Costco

I was told by Ooma that there is a $79.00 reinitialization charge for Telos that are refurbs that are not purchased from Ooma. That's why I have stayed from the refurbs.

How does this compare to Vonage for $10 a month?

How does this compare to Vonage for $10 a month?

Vonage charges around $5 more as additional fees and taxes.. You pay close to $15. Also, $9.99 plan is offered only to current Vonage customers who call to cancel their service.

dacoroman said:   Nice find OP.

Umm...unless you just popped your head out of ground, you can buy a brand new one at Costco.com during BF. Why do you think refurbished unit that is priced same as new one duiring BF is a "nice find"?

I am not even sure why this deal is listed on hot deals. Brand new one only costs $129.99 at Costco warehouse. So even if you can't wait till BF, why would anyone buy refurbished unit to save $25?

Anyone can borrow Costco membership from a friend or relative and order it from Costco during BF for $99.99.

Tronek said:   I was told by Ooma that there is a $79.00 reinitialization charge for Telos that are refurbs that are not purchased from Ooma. That's why I have stayed from the refurbs.
maybe true for second hand, but Ooma's from woot and Frys at least are legit with no extra charge

FatWalletTopDeals said:   <a href="http://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&url=http://... target="_blank">Refurbished Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System @ Moofi.woot.com - $99.99</a>

shipping adds $5.00

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Hmm...unless Woot is paying Fat Wallet a hefty advertising fee, I don't see any reason why FatWallet staff would post this refurbished unit as a hot deal. I figured FatWallet staff would have checked out the latest BF deal on Ooma and realize a brand new one from Costco during BF is the same price as a refurbished unit.

arribasn said:   Tronek said:   I was told by Ooma that there is a $79.00 reinitialization charge for Telos that are refurbs that are not purchased from Ooma. That's why I have stayed from the refurbs.
maybe true for second hand, but Ooma's from woot and Frys at least are legit with no extra charge

Even if they don't charge $79 to activate a refurbished unit, why buy refurbished unit at a price of new one during BF?

docjoo said:   arribasn said:   Tronek said:   I was told by Ooma that there is a $79.00 reinitialization charge for Telos that are refurbs that are not purchased from Ooma. That's why I have stayed from the refurbs.

Even if they don't charge $79 to activate a refurbished unit, why buy refurbished unit at a price of new one during BF?

Totally agree, this could be a little bit cheaper for those that have high tax rates and/or don't have costco membership (or friends with one).

Ooma is going to be $99+tax at Costco on BF. So, wait for a new one with great return policy.

rpsolomon said:   Vonage charges around $5 more as additional fees and taxes.. You pay close to $15. Also, $9.99 plan is offered only to current Vonage customers who call to cancel their service.

I have the Vonage $9.99 plan. With fees/taxes its $17 a month...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014