• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab

Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 300Mbps connections for 600Mbps of total available bandwidth

2 x USB 2.0 port convenient for network-connected users to share files through the device's FTP server

Built-in media server allows users to share music, video and photos with Windows Media Player, PS3 or X-BOX 360

The device's built-in print server supports wireless printing from different computers by connecting a USB printer to the router

Full gigabit ports ensure ultimate transfer speeds

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704144&...

rebate

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

TL-WDR3600
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal unless you stream HD

this can easily handle HD

KPACOTKA said:   Good deal unless you stream HD

TP-LINK is a CHINA brand uses thin and cheap plastic and materials.
Our branch in China had a TP-LINK router with 12 mo. warranty on it, and the router died on the 13th months.

Pros: cheap. small, they save every penny on materials or parts.
Cons: TOO CHEAP! short cable on power adapter, fragile materials, frequent issues need reboot, small. absolutely NO tech support.

Too cheap? I was hoping to retire my old netgear with it's disco lights.

SuperLottoPlus said:   TP-LINK is a CHINA brand uses thin and cheap plastic and materials.
Our branch in China had a TP-LINK router with 12 mo. warranty on it, and the router died on the 13th months.

Pros: cheap. small, they save every penny on materials or parts.
Cons: TOO CHEAP! short cable on power adapter, fragile materials, frequent issues need reboot, small. absolutely NO tech support.

I don't have any experience with their routers but I've got a TP-Link wireless N USB adaptor that works great, much better than my old Buffalo one, it's solid and feels well-made. I liked it so much that I bought one for my parents and theirs has been doing a very good job for 6 months now.

I think when someone uses all capitals to show the product's country of origin, presumably in a derogatory fashion, that reduces the person's credibility by at least 50%. Which routers are not made in China nowadays?

lousygolfer said:   SuperLottoPlus said:   ....

I think when someone uses all capitals to show the product's country of origin, presumably in a derogatory fashion, that reduces the person's credibility by at least 50%. Which routers are not made in China nowadays?

It's not derogatory, it's a "fact" to many of us just as many Americans prefer to buy products that say "Manufactered in America" or in the US. I just did a google on "routers not made in china" and there are many, many posts of people with real life experiences centered on buying cheap products manufactured in China.

Thanks for the post reply SuperLottoPlus

BamBam, I'll concede that we're not totally at philosophical odds, as I will always put back a package of shrimp or other food at my local grocery store that has a "Product of China" label on it - I want my food to comply with 21st century First World health standards and prefer to support businesses that are, if not local, at least American. I will generally also check the "Located in USA" box on eBay's search engine when I am looking for some sort of small electronics, so that I'm dealing with a seller located in the US and won't have to ship all the profits out of the country and certainly not, ironically, to a communist country (of course, most of those items are still made in China) or have to worry about whether I'm one of the 20% of orders that it seems that some Shanghai sellers deliberately don't ship, figuring that no one's going to bother about a $2 item.

However, I think it's naive to think that one can simply say "I want a good-ol' fashioned, made right here in the Yew-Ess-of-Ay! electronics item, unless you're talking about some sort of relatively high-end audio-video equipment. Most electronics items (at least inexpensive ones) are either made in China or made from a significant number of Chinese parts. I did your suggested google search and the very first link contained a lot of responses that were essentially "Yeah, good luck on finding a router that's NOT made in China." You do realize that even a company that's as representative of the all-American success story as Apple has almost all of its products (certainly iPhones, iPods, and iPads) made by Foxconn in China?

I bought this for HD streaming off my server.... SO far my laptops and my Galaxy 3 can see the 5ghz part of the router. But the only device I need it for, the XBOX slim is not seeing it on wirless. Any thoughts?

From what I read, 5GHz band does not work under DD-WRT for this router.

BamBam0099 said:   lousygolfer said:   SuperLottoPlus said:   ....

It's not derogatory, it's a "fact" to many of us just as many Americans prefer to buy products that say "Manufactered in America" or in the US. I just did a google on "routers not made in china" and there are many, many posts of people with real life experiences centered on buying cheap products manufactured in China.

Saw this when looking for a router to replace a Belkin Play N600 running Tomato which was dead after some eletric shock when I was out town (even with a surge protector and a battery backup, so I have no idea why) which has been running great except so so signal distance.
I have to go back to a 3 years old TP-Link router temporary. I like that the one I have I can change out the external antenna for a stronger one, though the stock ones are fine. It does occasionally drop connnection every few weeks, it's ok otherwise, so not going to get another unless some stellar review. Buyt at least it can handle heavy torrent traffic than another D-Link before it which would crash when there was more traffic.

Anyway, using your logic, you need to tell this to millions of Americans using or buying iPhone and iPad made in sweat factories in China. And I bet you are not using any Apple products, are you?
It's the product design and quality control that make a good product, not where or which country it is made.

mcdull said:   BamBam0099 said:   lousygolfer said:   SuperLottoPlus said:   ....

Saw this when looking for a router to replace a Belkin Play N600 running Tomato which was dead after some eletric shock when I was out town (even with a surge protector and a battery backup, so I have no idea why) which has been running great except so so signal distance.
I have to go back to a 3 years old TP-Link router temporary. I like that the one I have I can change out the external antenna for a stronger one, though the stock ones are fine. It does occasionally drop connnection every few weeks, it's ok otherwise, so not going to get another unless some stellar review. Buyt at least it can handle heavy torrent traffic than another D-Link before it which would crash when there was more traffic.

Anyway, using your logic, you need to tell this to millions of Americans using or buying iPhone and iPad made in sweat factories in China. And I bet you are not using any Apple products, are you?
It's the product design and quality control that make a good product, not where or which country it is made.

Have you check the power adaptor of your Belkin N600 with a multi/volt meter? maybe it's just the power adaptor that is fried...

Rebate is expired.

KPACOTKA said:   Good deal unless you stream HD Not sure why would you say this?

NICKel said:   KPACOTKA said:   Good deal unless you stream HD Not sure why would you say this?

Totally not true. TP link 4300 and this model are phenomenal for the price you just can't complain.

Hi:
If I purchase this router ... do I need special wireless receiver device (USB) to connect either band 5 or band 2.4 signal? By the way, I have a three years old laptop (Wirelss N).

Maay thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.