• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

- 448 CUDA Cores
- 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5
- PCI Express 2.0 x16

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

video card
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome deal, albeit with huge rebate. I don't think any thing within $50 could touch this card for performance. Unfortunately, I doubt my Antec 550w PSU can handle it - the reviews are talking about at least a 650w unit and Newegg's listing doesn't have a minimum power supply listed.

man. $100 MIR sounds pretty risky.. Has anyone dealt with MSI with MIRs before?

Wow...smoking deal.... but having reservations after reading the comments.... It looks like you do need a really high power supply to keep it running...or else it will burn out after a few months... after researching the issue, found this article from Tom's Hardware about what MSI did to their current GTX 660 ti and 670 Power Edition cards... since I'm just a casual gamer, that kinda scared me from jumping on the deal since my 500 Watts power supply doesn't have enough juice to power it...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MSI-GTX-660-670-overvolting-Pow...

Run2You said:   man. $100 MIR sounds pretty risky.. Has anyone dealt with MSI with MIRs before?

MSI is good at rebates, but they take a while if you choose a check. They also have the option to choose an American Express gift card within 10 work days.

They are out of stock. Beat.

I used to buy and sell merchandise back in the days (not anymore). So I did business with MSI all the time. They have great technology, but shitty rebates. They basically scam you out of every rebates they can. Be very wary of the ONLINE REBATES. They are a dead scam. Instead of informing you of any missing info, they just post it in that online account for months and never inform you of anything. Once past the 30 deadline for re-send, you can't get anything back.

I used to do hundreds of dollars in rebates with them. Then a while back, I didn't get my $400 in rebates, which was about $100 rebate each, I sworn I never do any more rebates with MSI. Like I said, great technology, but shitty rebates.

(On side note, I did get $100 back on my gtx460, but I had to called them (no customer service for hours) and had to threaten them with lawsuit. After talking to 4 managers later, they just want a copy of my UPC (which they didn't expect that I made a copy before sending it off). 2 weeks later, my $100 came in the mail and I never do any more rebates with MSI again.)

One video card company that I got every penny back was EVGA. They are cool in my book. Even if there is a problem, customer service is good and you will get your rebates 95% all the time.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.