• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
now to 11/29

Buy $100 in GC's (any denom can = $100), get $20 OYNO Grocery Coupon valid only for 7 days. LIMIT ONE PER TRANSACTION!!!

Pictured in ad are:

Bass Pro Shop
AMC Movie
Applesbees
Kohls
Sears
Lowes
Fandango
ITunes
Chilis/On Border/Maggianos/Mac Grill
Macys
Groupon.

Fine print doesn't say what it doesn't include, but guessing MC/VISA/AMEX/TELECOM/ACME are excluded

Gasoline, Amazon, Staples, others are YMMV, hard to tell from ad. Fine print very vague.

Member Summary

ACME PA
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
coupon network to check for participating grocery store near you - Just FYI I know the closest Shaws near me is about 40 minutes and when I put in my zip code it said not available in my area -- not sure what the mileage limit is that it checks
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP. I might turn the car in that direction. I have both Giant and Acme in my area, find Acme to be more pricey.

tajar96 said:   Thanks OP. I might turn the car in that direction. I have both Giant and Acme in my area, find Acme to be more pricey.

regular prices yes...but if you "play the sales" at ACME, you can get some good deals. I like their sales better than Giant some weeks.

Can i use the voucher to buy gift cards? i dont see why not

pyro123 said:   Can i use the voucher to buy gift cards? i dont see why not

The ad says the "coupon is not valid for previous purchases and cannot be used to purchase gift cards".

I went to my local ACME today and they had a sign near the GCs listing what was included. It looks like the list that Mister C posted, nothing more. I didn't even see Staples or Amazon cards for sale.

MISTERCHEAP said:    LIMIT ONE PER TRANSACTION!!!

Last time we could do 5 per transaction, ugh! they are starting to make us work for our free groceries

It's a 40 minute drive to the nearest Shaws which was very well worth it when I loaded up on $2k+ of Lowes to build a deck plus another $500 in gas cards and $200 in random cards. I saw the repost of this and was going to head to Shaws today, but glad I checked here since it is only valid on certain GCs this time I just looked at the shaws ad and it does say valid only on the select GCs listed. oh well....

no go for me but HOT if you are planning a major purchase at Sears or Lowes! (and you have a lot of patience and time for multiple transactions, of course)

gizmo said:   MISTERCHEAP said:    LIMIT ONE PER TRANSACTION!!!

Last time we could do 5 per transaction, ugh! they are starting to make us work for our free groceries

It's a 40 minute drive to the nearest Shaws which was very well worth it when I loaded up on $2k+ of Lowes to build a deck plus another $500 in gas cards and $200 in random cards. I saw the repost of this and was going to head to Shaws today, but glad I checked here since it is only valid on certain GCs this time I just looked at the shaws ad and it does say valid only on the select GCs listed. oh well....

no go for me but HOT if you are planning a major purchase at Sears or Lowes! (and you have a lot of patience and time for multiple transactions, of course)

gizmo,

more may work in one transaction, but that's the Limit 1 wording in their ad, so I post it. Guess it's not worth the risk to buy multiples and then the $20 certs don't print out on more than 1.

^ yeah forget that, I wouldn't try it! I recall the prior time it actually said 5 catalina per transaction. Although I will link this to the Kohls thread

Anyone have luck with MC/VISA/AMEX? Or with a work-around? For example, buy Lowes, and then buy MC/VISA/AMEX from Lowes?
How about multiples?

Thanks!

aarzi said:   Anyone have luck with MC/VISA/AMEX? Or with a work-around? For example, buy Lowes, and then buy MC/VISA/AMEX from Lowes?
How about multiples?

Thanks!

Acme's deal isn't as good as past years. It used to include Amazon, Staples, and many more choices in general. Only GC's I bought there this year were the Chili's GC's to get a free $20 in groceries (and the voucher is only good for 7 days, so not much time to use it).

When Staples, Amazon, etc were included (maybe even gasoline) I used to get about $500 worth over 5 transaction. Not this time.

As for your Lowes question, you're ok on the Acme side of things, but can you use a Lowes GC at Lowes to buy another GC (Visa or otherwise??) I don't think you can.

PS- yes you can get mults (1 offer per transaction), but again, with the grocery voucher good for only 7 days, you'd have to burn the full amount of vouchers within a week.

and the vouchers can only be used 1 per transaction, so each $20 you have needs to be spent in a separate transaction. I usually make the transactions fairly painless by stocking up on specific items, rather than "regular" grocery shopping.. 20 boxes of mac & cheese, etc

gizmo said:   and the vouchers can only be used 1 per transaction, so each $20 you have needs to be spent in a separate transaction. I usually make the transactions fairly painless by stocking up on specific items, rather than "regular" grocery shopping.. 20 boxes of mac & cheese, etc

yeah, not that hard to do....just inconvenient. I can guesstimate $20 in spend pretty well. I don't care if I have $1-2 oop on an order if it's stuff I had to buy anyway.

I just tried to use the vouchers and it has tiny remark that 1 voucher can be used per DAY.

It looks like I will need quite a few acme super card to make this work.
(Just bought $2k worth of Lowes gift card - I have large project coming up so might as well)

They have Tide for sale at $10 each which will be perfect this week.

The vouchers are not tied to your card. Just do separate transactions. If cashier objects go home and go back after the shift changes. Evening staff is usually less fussy than day shift. Night staff are usually very friendly.

Interesting event today. When I did try to use the vouchers last night, the system rejected the second voucher that cashier over rode for me.

However, today, I had no issues spending 5 of them buying 10 Tides using 1 card. I will probably get another 10 Tides, and then probably will spend rest of them on stuff like toilet papers and paper towels.

On 1/1/13 it worked at Porter Square Shaws in Cambridge, MA. Coupon printed automatically at register.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.