• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I didn't see any other posts for this when I did a search, although I wouldn't be surprised if I missed that someone else posted this, but ...

Link

Member Summary

Lord of the Ring Extended Edition Blu-ray
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You are probably not used to shopping the Lightning deals @Amazon. Forget it this is almost gone at 95% now.

archena (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 12:26p) |

I got 2, had to open another Amazon account

yesidonoitall (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 12:29p) |

Tried to get in on the Amazon deal. It said I was on a waiting list with a GOOD chance of getting it. Then I went to a... (more)

bryandjeffy (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 3:21p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great deal thanks

Coming up tmrw am @ Amazon too same price

Thanks for the green ... I have no idea how this went over 12 hours w/o being posted.

BTW, some of you might have a credit card that allows you to use points to purchase items from Best Buy w/o paying tax. I took advantage last December to get an on-sale hard disk tax free.

Just fyi, you missed one fairly big detail here.

That should actually also include $10 worth in hobbit movie money for the hobbit. Might have to confirm that but thats what ive heard from others.

On another note: The extended version is known for having a terrible copy of Fellowship with the "green tint" color issue. Just sayin.... I wouldnt buy it. The colors are way off...

Thanks for pointing out the $10 Hobbit coupon, that is a huge bonus!

As for the green tint, that appears to be a hotly debated and controversial issue... one that is too subjective to confirm based on what I have seen online (still no official statement from Warner either denying the issue or acknowledging it). May people in threads "claim" to not be able to notice it, and this is what it ultimately comes down to. Just saying the entire movie has a green tint to it sounds much worse than what it potentially is...
One side of the story...

Hoogineer said:   Thanks for the green ... I have no idea how this went over 12 hours w/o being posted.

BTW, some of you might have a credit card that allows you to use points to purchase items from Best Buy w/o paying tax. I took advantage last December to get an on-sale hard disk tax free.

I saw it early on, but figured, who and why would someone get all over this.

OK, I see it now, eBay opportunity....
$69.99 BIN free s/h

OK, in for one for store pick up (if not blacklisted for this)
And my posse with me to the store tomorrow for more.

archena said:   Coming up tmrw am @ Amazon too same price
Thanks, a much better deal since I am in a tax-free Amzn state. Is this at 11am EST on Tuesday?

Fricken BB

ORDER CANCELLATION

11/20/2012
Order Number: BBY01-529792%%%%%%

Hi %%%%%:

There's been a change to the status of your order.

Your order has been canceled. Please refer to our conditions of use related to order limitations/limited quantities at BestBuy.com.

The credit card (or other payment method) used for this order has been credited. If you used a gift card and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement.

If you used a Reward Certificate for this order, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone Program account within 3-5 days.

Item details are listed below.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service
===================

QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
1 Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Extended Edition] [15 Discs] [Blu-ray] - Blu-ray Disc
SKU: 2629119

How do we know Amazon will have the same offer?

Looks like it went up $10.00

yesidonoitall said:   How do we know Amazon will have the same offer?

I saw this rumor a couple of times yesterday and it seems it's not going to happen. At least not today.

Sonyad said:   yesidonoitall said:   How do we know Amazon will have the same offer?

I saw this rumor a couple of times yesterday and it seems it's not going to happen. At least not today.

Yep, no deal at Amazon yet

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZQAKHU

$39.99 and almost all gone now.

archena said:   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZQAKHU

It is $97.50

yesidonoitall said:   archena said:   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZQAKHU

It is $97.50

Are you not able to see the Lightning Deal to the right?

archena said:   yesidonoitall said:   archena said:   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZQAKHU

It is $97.50

Are you not able to see the Lightning Deal to the right?

Why would I look all over the page,
did anyone say
LOOK ON THE RIGHT FOR THE LIGHTNING DEAL until now?

Who is going to read every word on the page?

Big font $97.50

yesidonoitall said:   Who is going to read every word on the page?

Big font $97.50

You are probably not used to shopping the Lightning deals @Amazon. Forget it this is almost gone at 95% now.

archena said:   yesidonoitall said:   Who is going to read every word on the page?

Big font $97.50

I got 2, had to open another Amazon account

Tried to get in on the Amazon deal. It said I was on a waiting list with a GOOD chance of getting it. Then I went to another page, came back and it said $97.50. The stuff about the waiting list just dissapeared! Best buy has it for $49.99 today but no shipping? Come on! I'm not going 1 1/2 hours away to my nearest best buy for that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014