• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
N204life said:   I just hope everyone knows, you are stopping people like me from being able to actually go buy the TV today because of your greediness and working the system in your favor. I looked this morning at it and didn't pull the trigger yet cause I thought I'd talk to the wife first since this is a largish purchase. 2 hours later I come back and they are all gone. Im not saying there sold out because of everyone placing a place marker for themselves just in case your WalMart deal doesn't fall through. All I'm saying is by the time you cancel your orders because you got your "VIZIO" and you become the happiest person on earth, that TV will go back up in price and someone misses out on a deal they could of got if it wasn't for someone being selfish! My 2 pennies

I never ask the wife first....
I can't tell you how many deals in the past I have missed out on because I waited.
The only one to blame is myself....

Found one in Springfield PA, nice price and a decent upgrade to the 53" rear projection tv that I got in 2004

It is still Available at 5 of the 10 stores around me as of now.
With in 20 miles.

respdoc said:   N204life said:    I looked this morning at it and didn't pull the trigger yet cause I thought I'd talk to the wife first

Maybe she should be the sole decision maker...since she seems to already wear the pants.

HAHAHA OMG you are so funny

N204life said:   
HAHAHA OMG you are so funny and not whipped..

Fixed it for you.

I greened this deal because it is a very nice price on this set. But I think people considering it as an impulse buy should take a look at the TV ads and general prices that are floating around for this BF-Xmas season. Sales are slow and prices are having a major tier drop again.

Just my .02 but for another hundred bucks or so I think a better 60" set can be had going into xmas.

These sets also have pretty bad scaling of SD and less than stellar HD content. Not a good set to buy if you are still watching a lot of non-HD sources.

spectacular deal. Thanks!

Was it $488 or $688, I have store pickup for $688 at Sears and out of stock for delivery.

hammer45 said:   Sears now has it shipped for $488

http://bounce.fatwallet.com/redirect/bounce.php?afsrc=1&mid=1733...

$688 at my local Sears

Yup, $688 at Sears. But they are willing to deliver for $10 and haul out my old projection tv.. that alone is worth it for me.

Found one a my local Sears as well but I already ordered from Best Buy. Not sure if it's worth it to change for $10 saving. Just wondering if Best Buy would price matched or beat it.

Was $688 for me, in store. Use Shop Discover (and your Discover card of course) and get additional 10% off.

Or you can use FW Cash Back 5% on Sears. Or maybe get lucky & combine them...

OldnTired said:   Found one a my local Sears as well but I already ordered from Best Buy. Not sure if it's worth it to change for $10 saving. Just wondering if Best Buy would price matched or beat it.

BB definitively does a price match locally.

Has anyone actually gotten this tv yet and tried gaming on it? Mummuu posted a link on some horrendous lag someone had while gaming, so I'm curious to see if anyone has this yet and has seen any problems with it?

free shipping alive, again

ruijiezhang said:   free shipping alive, again

thanks! got one.

prellchild said:   Has anyone actually gotten this tv yet and tried gaming on it? Mummuu posted a link on some horrendous lag someone had while gaming, so I'm curious to see if anyone has this yet and has seen any problems with it?

Yeah I snagged one this morning, and this made me anxious. So I did a LOT of research, found out I have a friend who has one from last year. He absolutely LOVES it, and he is super picky.

Take it for what it's worth, but this was from a guy who doesn't get good deals because he always wants the lastest/greatest/best. He uses it in his man cave, says it's not as good as the Samsung LED he got a few months ago for his living room, but he said "Dumb not to get it for $700, just dumb."

He did mention the built in sound being a little "tinny" but said with a sound bar it's a perfect TV.

N204life said:   I just hope everyone knows, you are stopping people like me from being able to actually go buy the TV today because of your greediness and working the system in your favor. I looked this morning at it and didn't pull the trigger yet cause I thought I'd talk to the wife first since this is a largish purchase. 2 hours later I come back and they are all gone. Im not saying there sold out because of everyone placing a place marker for themselves just in case your WalMart deal doesn't fall through. All I'm saying is by the time you cancel your orders because you got your "VIZIO" and you become the happiest person on earth, that TV will go back up in price and someone misses out on a deal they could of got if it wasn't for someone being selfish! My 2 pennies

My take on this post: Whaaaambulance!

I ordered one via this link instead of from the Cash Back page. Do you think I will I be receiving the 5% Cash Back? Thx

Picked up two at Sears this afternoon, bought online with Discover for 15% Cash Back. The one I'm keeping is excellent for the price.

What a freaking punal

ganjagadget said:   Sharp is in the toilet, bankrupt in 6 months. Buy a square trade warranty!

Since when has a bankruptcy filing ever invalidated consumer warranties?

Seriously, buy an extended service plan because they're cheap, its a huge TV and you don't want to have to transport it for repair.

But don't pretend the sky is falling.

Got one and already picked it up. Thanks OP!

elray said:   ganjagadget said:   Sharp is in the toilet, bankrupt in 6 months. Buy a square trade warranty!

Since when has a bankruptcy filing ever invalidated consumer warranties?.

Since ALWAYS. Plus ganjagadget said bankruptcy NOT a bankruptcy filing. Bankruptcy filing protection only applies to US based companies. Since you don't seem to know Sharp is NOT a US company. Everywhere else in the world bankruptcy means out of business for good. If Sharp goes bankrupt your Sharp manufacturer warranty is worthless instantly. LOL who do you think pays for those warranty repairs?

elray said:   [Seriously, buy an extended service plan because they're cheap, its a huge TV and you don't want to have to transport it for repair.

But don't pretend the sky is falling.

Unless you are buying some non-name junk TV from a non-authorized reseller all consumer warranties on major OEM TVs 46" and larger have had offered in-house repairs to US consumer for years.

you wanna bet?

Must be Stanford grads.

mungbai said:   N204life said:   I just hope everyone knows, you are stopping people like me from being able to actually go buy the TV today because of your greediness and working the system in your favor. I looked this morning at it and didn't pull the trigger yet cause I thought I'd talk to the wife first since this is a largish purchase. 2 hours later I come back and they are all gone. Im not saying there sold out because of everyone placing a place marker for themselves just in case your WalMart deal doesn't fall through. All I'm saying is by the time you cancel your orders because you got your "VIZIO" and you become the happiest person on earth, that TV will go back up in price and someone misses out on a deal they could of got if it wasn't for someone being selfish! My 2 pennies

Must be Stanford grads.

prellchild said:   Has anyone actually gotten this tv yet and tried gaming on it? Mummuu posted a link on some horrendous lag someone had while gaming, so I'm curious to see if anyone has this yet and has seen any problems with it?

Picked it up last night and son was playing PS3 Call Of Duty and saw NO lag at all. The boy was having a ball playing on this big arse tv.

I noticed the picture on some HD channels not as clear/clean as I thought it would be. Adjusting is probably needed.

Interesting read about this TV:

Sharp LC60E69U Owner's Experience

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014