• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Intel® Pentium® processor B950
Features a 2MB L3 Cache and 2.1GHz processor speed.
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
17.3" LED-backlit high-definition widescreen display 1600 x 900 resolution
500GB hard drive (5400 rpm)
Intel® HD graphics HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.
Built-in HP TrueVision HD webcam
2 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port
Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
Weighs 6.6 lbs. and measures just 1.5" thin
link

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

17.3" Pavilion Laptop (173.50kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

string3599 (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 7:32a) |

I may purchase this model, $50 more tahn a HP is worth it for a Toshiba in my opinion.

alanmax (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 7:36a) |

Got to hand it to "yesidoitall" . You speak the truth about geek squad. By the way, I think HP laptops suck. Those... (more)

dano415 (Nov. 23, 2012 @ 11:18a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP

Yes, BB has had HP 17.3's for a year or so at $349
They go OOS real fast.

Thanks for the link

Question:

Battery life?
Watching a movie off the net?

what kind of intel is this? speed?

CPU Benchmarks Link

Nice deal, I'm in for 1, easy Christmas present

Great deal; mom and brother just got a similar Laptop at BB last weekend for $449 and I thought that was a great deal(same style, just AMD A8 processor w/ 750GB HD)! This is a really great deal.

I got a similar model HP laptop last year and have been very happy.

On a side note, I totally recommend splurging for the $99 geek squad tech support. For $99 bucks a year, it covers UP TO 3 computers/devices and you get an annual tune-up.

No, I don't work for BB, but for someone like me who isn't a computer geek, taking it in for a tuneup and finding out there were like 67 viruses that my software didn't catch, was totally worth it. Plus, they take it apart and clean it, etc, and of course if you have any tech problems during the year, just take it in and they fix it. Works well for me.
Just my .02

Does it come with any word processing or Office Home or student?

shprgrl said:   Does it come with any word processing or Office Home or student?

The ones from HSN or QVC do, $900.00

shprgrl said:   Does it come with any word processing or Office Home or student?

HP tells all about it
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03510986&cc...

Agr8RN said:   Great deal; mom and brother just got a similar Laptop at BB last weekend for $449 and I thought that was a great deal(same style, just AMD A8 processor w/ 750GB HD)! This is a really great deal.

On a side note, I totally recommend splurging for the $99 geek squad tech support. For $99 bucks a year, it covers UP TO 3 computers/devices and you get an annual tune-up.

No, I don't work for BB, but for someone like me who isn't a computer geek, taking it in for a tuneup and finding out there were like 67 viruses that my software didn't catch, was totally worth it. Plus, they take it apart and clean it, etc, and of course if you have any tech problems during the year, just take it in and they fix it. Works well for me.
Just my .02

RE:
$99.00

I am not convinced they supply 1¢ worth of anything

yesidonoitall said:   Agr8RN said:   Great deal; mom and brother just got a similar Laptop at BB last weekend for $449 and I thought that was a great deal(same style, just AMD A8 processor w/ 750GB HD)! This is a really great deal.

Just my .02

RE:
$99.00

Same here...they don't have a great track record.

http://www.lockergnome.com/news/2012/07/23/best-buy-geek-squad-t...

Bought one! Thanks. This is the best deal on a comparable 17" in a while. Plus it is Windows 8.

in for 2. CPU is not the best but still better than what i have now and that is fine. Setting one up as a HTPC. I can't build one for that cost. Do we get Cash Back with this order? The first link did not come up with anything? I used the FW stores and ordered from there.

yesidonoitall said:   shprgrl said:   Does it come with any word processing or Office Home or student?

HP tells all about it

Thx for the link. The processor listed on HP's site is not the one listed on Best Buys site. I wonder if HP updated it?

scottwood2 said:   yesidonoitall said:   shprgrl said:   Does it come with any word processing or Office Home or student?

HP tells all about it

Thx for the link. The processor listed on HP's site is not the one listed on Best Buys site. I wonder if HP updated it?

OK, HP has 2 series of these with the same model number
apparenlty the sub number at HP of c03511031

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03511031&cc...
2.5GHz up to 3.0GHz AMD Dual-Core A4-4300M Accelerated Processor

Though I have not seen it before, it looks like a retailer can have a variation of specs for the same model number

Both models at HP have a diff proc than the advertised one at BB
Other specs are the same

BB says

Intel® Pentium® processor B950
Features a 2MB L3 Cache and 2.1GHz processor speed.

So is this still considered a good deal then? I pulled the trigger but did I do so too early?

isjka said:   So is this still considered a good deal then? I pulled the trigger but did I do so too early?

In my opinion the processor is a little lacking but will be fine for light use. Web surfing, documents, etc.

winterk01 said:   isjka said:   So is this still considered a good deal then? I pulled the trigger but did I do so too early?

In my opinion the processor is a little lacking but will be fine for light use. Web surfing, documents, etc.

What would be a more powerful processor for the same price ?

Got one for $378.86 including tax in TX. But will be getting back 5% with shop discover. Thanks OP!

I pushed a few people down to the ground and slept in the BB parking lot just to get that Black Friday feeling.

yesidonoitall said:   Agr8RN said:   Great deal; mom and brother just got a similar Laptop at BB last weekend for $449 and I thought that was a great deal(same style, just AMD A8 processor w/ 750GB HD)! This is a really great deal.

Just my .02

RE:
$99.00

I understand - To each his own; for that price, covers 3 computers that if something went horribly wrong that I couldn't figure out I would probably just throw out honestly and buy a new one, so for a non-techy person, it works. My local BB is really good and has great customer service; however the original one in the area, about 20 miles away, really sucks ass. Horrible customer service, so I can see where you might say it's not worth a penny.

For now though, as long as my local store is run well, i'm in.

homersaysdoh said:   winterk01 said:   isjka said:   So is this still considered a good deal then? I pulled the trigger but did I do so too early?

What would be a more powerful processor for the same price ?

I ended up buying another laptop today from Newegg - the Dell 15R for $479. Yeah it's more money but the specs were hard to beat - and no tax. For me the 15R was about $107 more. Double the space and double the memory. Tough to pass up.

My BB in Medford Oregon, 2 hours ago

Got some HP 17.3

4 tents outside the front door.
1 even had an overhead tarp over it....

Store stock checker for the HP 17.3 said 0
and to order for home or store delivery.
In fact they had at least 10 on a display, 8 now.

In for 1 - great find!

Does this deal expire?
I looked throughout forum and the link to BB but could not find any exp. date.
Thanks!

alanmax said:   Does this deal expire?
Thanks!

BB has almost all the time had an HP 17.3 of one model or another for $349.xx

alanmax said:   Does this deal expire?
Thanks!

They have a 30 day return if not opened, if your rewards is silver or whatever they call it you have 90 days.
Soon, closer to Christmas they have a longer date for all to return.

Thanks yesidonoitall!

I'm going to wait and see how much the HP Pavilion g7-2238nr goes for on Amazon. Deal starts in 9 minutes.

S197 said:   I'm going to wait and see how much the HP Pavilion g7-2238nr goes for on Amazon. Deal starts in 9 minutes.

Please keep us posted.

alanmax said:   S197 said:   I'm going to wait and see how much the HP Pavilion g7-2238nr goes for on Amazon. Deal starts in 9 minutes.

Please keep us posted.

$399.99

S197 said:   I'm going to wait and see how much the HP Pavilion g7-2238nr goes for on Amazon. Deal starts in 9 minutes.

I went for 1, yes only 1

HP Pavilion g7-2238nr 17.3-Inch Laptop
Item(s) Subtotal: $479.99
Shipping & Handling: $13.26
Super Saver Discount: -$13.26
Lightning Deal: -$80.00
-----
Total before tax: $399.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $399.99

I'm in for 1. Totaled $374 for Mississippi. Sounds perfect for what I need. Basic internet & business programs. I'm no gamer. Looking forward to upgrading from my 2005 gateway. I think anything would fly compared to what I'm used to!
Now if I could just find a really basic 15 incher like WalMart is selling for the $197, online. No chance I'm hitting any stores for BF!

from BB

Holiday Return and Exchange Policy

Need to return a gift? Our extended holiday return period makes it easier.

Purchases made between November 4, 2012, and December 24, 2012, can be returned through January 24, 2013.

EXTENDED HOLIDAY RETURNS: Gift purchases made between November 4, 2012 and December 24, 2012 qualify for our Holiday Return and Exchange policy. Products (goods) purchased as gifts may be returned through January 24, 2013. Terms of our standard policy (including, but not limited to "non-returnable items" and "photo identification required") apply. Carrier contracts for mobile phones and other third party service providers (e.g., DirecTV contracts) do not qualify for the holiday gift policy. Geek Squad® Protection/Trade-In Plus plans returned after 30 days from date of purchase will be refunded at a pro-rated amount. No restocking fees.

When I checked other laptop at best buy and found another great deal,Samsung NP300E5C-A07US Laptop, Security Software, Sleeve, Mouse & Flash Drive sku#9999190500050000 only for $349,no store pick up.but if u a sliver member. shipping is free but make sure you change the shipping from standard to expedited, will let you get the laptop faster..

I found Toshiba 17.3 with intel icore I3 processor for $50 more. Is it worth it?

Skipping 4 Messages...
Got to hand it to "yesidoitall" . You speak the truth about geek squad. By the way, I think HP laptops suck. Those lousey
nvidia chips that overheated turned me off to your company forever.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014