• Go to page :
  • 1 2 345
  • Text Only
Big Time Thanks MR C!!!
I always appreciate your advice and posts.
Will look into that HP.
Had good luck with two Toshibas so I am biased but price can sway me.

Will this work on a Nexus Tab?

tablets are part of the 25% exclusion so it shouldn't

opathal said:   Will this work on a Nexus Tab?What does the coupon say?

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   opathal said:   Will this work on a Nexus Tab?What does the coupon say?

It would have been quicker for them to list the items that ARE allowed. I read it specified Nook and Kindle Fire........why would they then list Tablets as well? Anyway, the exclusions on this thing are ridiculous.

alanmax said:   Big Time Thanks MR C!!!
Will look into that HP.
Toshibas have a lower repair rate than HP. Someone in some thread posted SquareTrade's repair record amongst the major brands and HP wasn't very good. Does not mean your HP laptop will have issues but something to consider IMO.

mathfaster said:   alanmax said:   Big Time Thanks MR C!!!
Will look into that HP.
Toshibas have a lower repair rate than HP. Someone in some thread posted SquareTrade's repair record amongst the major brands and HP wasn't very good. Does not mean your HP laptop will have issues but something to consider IMO.

yeah, you really have to compare it on a model to model basis. sort of like comparing repairs on cars (whole make vs specific model).

As for Alan, if he has a Visa or Discover that doubles his warranty period (say 1 vs 2 years) he should be ok for awhile.

I have an old junky Acer w/80gb with neanderthal processor hd I got on the free after rebates deal in 2007 that's still going strong.

MISTERCHEAP said:   ...yeah, you really have to compare it on a model to model basis. sort of like comparing repairs on cars (whole make vs specific model).

As for Alan, if he has a Visa or Discover that doubles his warranty period (say 1 vs 2 years) he should be ok for awhile.

I have an old junky Acer w/80gb with neanderthal processor hd I got on the free after rebates deal in 2007 that's still going strong.
Yes, it does vary by model. I worked with a bunch of people a few years ago and we all had Thinkpad T40's. Without fail, everyone by the third year had a fan failure issue with that model and IBM at the time had pretty decent repair records on ThinkPads. Laptops also fail more than desktops. IF and when I ever buy another lappy, I am going with an Apple or a Dell with a 3 year warranty where they come to the house to repair the dang thing. You pay for that warranty but given the failure rate of laptops it is worth the extra cost IMO. Don't know if I will even ever buy another pure laptop. More likely to buy some tablet/laptop hybrid next time.

snork615 said:   Also look in the first section of your big city paper if it will not download nicely, appears in San Diego Union-Tribune today and since my location is the tip of the country better-located places probably might have it ready for the snipping.

Crap... tossed the UT out this morning without barely glancing at it. I've gotta go through the garbage (yuck) and dig it out, since I'm planning on making a bigger sized purchase at Staples after work. Do you know (approximately) what section it's in?

Edit: Whoops... first section. Got it.

I assume it can be used on the Norton 360 with the $50 rebate on sale this week? That would be nice if you could walk out the door for around $18+ tax after 25% off on 89.99, then $50 mail in rebate. I believe this can be done as it says used with only one coupon, and the rebate is from Norton - not Staples.

hot deal! Thanks!

Are all the in-store Staples laptops Windows 8? I need to buy 2 and neither person (baby boomers) wants to learn a new OS. PLMK and thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my FW pilgrims!!

Can someone explain what highest priced eligible device actually means? I'm confused...they've got plenty of in-store laptops available in the $300-400 range...

For instance - The Toshiba Model: C855-S5350...is $529.99 - $80 instant rebate - $50 MIR = $399.99 good thru 11/21. Am I correct in assuming that this would be an additional $100 off making it a $300 laptop?

Thanks,
Eric

I'm super curious about the Nook/Kindle coupon though. The exclusion list for that coupon specifically indicates the Kindle Paperwhite (SKUs 990324 and 990326). But does not mention the Kindle Wi-Fi.

I'm going to show up when the store opens tomorrow to try and pick one up for $69 - $25 = $44. Even for the "previous" generation of Kindle, that's a pretty incredible price.

exclusion lists is longer than what they have on sale?

eric21017 said:   Can someone explain what highest priced eligible device actually means? I'm confused...

It means if you buy, in a single transaction, more than 1 eligible laptops you will only get the discount on the HIGHEST PRICED one.

Really sucks this is only instore. went to Amazon for my purchase which was lower than Staples.

We don't have kiosks in the stores here but they will place orders for you in store for items that are online only, you pay for the item at the cashier, and they ship the item to your home for free. I'm wondering whether I can get them to:

1) Match the Amazon price (-$25) and
2) Apply the 25% off coupon

for a $200+ online-only breakroom item (not on the excluded list amazingly enough). Or whether I'd be better off just getting the Amazon price match from Staples by phone and applying a $20 off $75 coupon.

Heh, or maybe I should see if I can stuff the print out of the order into one of their 30% off bags that's valid tonight and take it to the cashier for payment... (yeah, I know that's not going to fly).

Amazon's price varies so by waiting with the purchase my pricematch amount could disappear (it's a risk).

mistycoupon said:   Really sucks this is only instore. went to Amazon for my purchase which was lower than Staples.

Staples will pricematch Amazon prices both in-store and online.

gooddealie said:   mistycoupon said:   Really sucks this is only instore. went to Amazon for my purchase which was lower than Staples.

Since when will they price match Amazon in the store? Did they institute a holiday policy to do that like others? Could not find that policy today. PM to Amazon is not in their T and Cs for stores. Online they will.

Thanks! This is crazy cheap then..I can get a HP 2000-2B10NR for $200 out the door...It's $300 right now and in-stock in many stores. It's low end but would be great for my 11 year old.

mathfaster said:   gooddealie said:   mistycoupon said:   Really sucks this is only instore. went to Amazon for my purchase which was lower than Staples.

Since when will they price match Amazon in the store? Did they institute a holiday policy to do that like others? Could not find that policy today. PM to Amazon is not in their T and Cs for stores. Online they will.

I had them pricematch an SSD (sandisk 120GB) with Amazon a few times (online chat). Have not tried it in store.

eric21017 said:   Thanks! This is crazy cheap then..I can get a HP 2000-2B10NR for $200 out the door...It's $300 right now and in-stock in many stores. It's low end but would be great for my 11 year old.

if this is one of the Black Friday laptops, it is EXCLUDED. see op or qs for computer exclusions (or the coupon itself)

vrb747 said:   mathfaster said:   gooddealie said:   mistycoupon said:   Really sucks this is only instore. went to Amazon for my purchase which was lower than Staples.

I had them pricematch an SSD (sandisk 120GB) with Amazon a few times (online chat). Have not tried it in store.
Hmm. Found this: "Heading into the holiday season, a growing number of stores, including Staples Inc. and Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., are even matching prices with online-only merchants like Amazon.com to convert browsers into buyers". http://finance.yahoo.com/news/WalMart-ups-the-ante-in-apf-277282... Still looking for a Staples source for that policy. TIME link say they are not: "Retailers such as Home Depot, WalMart, and Staples also have more traditional price-matching guarantees, though stores will usually only match prices displayed in competitor ads, not on websites.

Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/11/07/paypal-ups-ante-in-holiday-s...

MISTERCHEAP said:   eric21017 said:   Thanks! This is crazy cheap then..I can get a HP 2000-2B10NR for $200 out the door...It's $300 right now and in-stock in many stores. It's low end but would be great for my 11 year old.

if this is one of the Black Friday laptops, it is EXCLUDED. see op or qs for computer exclusions (or the coupon itself)

Not a BF item.

Pl. post the SKU numbers for the laptops

myrebates2 said:   Pl. post the SKU numbers for the laptops

try reading the thread!

mathfaster said:   gooddealie said:   mistycoupon said:   Really sucks this is only instore. went to Amazon for my purchase which was lower than Staples.

I've asked the managers nicely, and they've done it for me maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 4 months or so. I bring in the print out of Amazon's price, and they pull up the page online to verify it. I'm not entirely sure if this is corporate policy or store policy, but I must say that there are tons of stores around the Staples stores around here that have big signs out front that say "we match online prices", so maybe they're doing it to stay competitive. Heck, the Staples.com price is often lower than the in-store price and they'll price-match that too.

I have been told that for Amazon items, the item must be sold by Amazon (no 3rd party sellers). They will not pricematch clearance items (tried to get them to price match a Best Buy clearance item once and was shot down). But yes, they would have price-matched Best Buy's price in-store had it not been clearanced.

Here's the $299 - $100 off deal...SKU # 990646.

gooddealie said:   ...I've asked the managers nicely, and they've done it for me maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 4 months or so. I bring in the print out of Amazon's price, and they pull up the page online to verify it. I'm not entirely sure if this is corporate policy or store policy, but I must say that there are tons of stores around the Staples stores around here that have big signs out front that say "we match online prices", so maybe they're doing it to stay competitive. Heck, the Staples.com price is often lower than the in-store price and they'll price-match that too.

I have been told that for Amazon items, the item must be sold by Amazon (no 3rd party sellers). They will not pricematch clearance items (tried to get them to price match a Best Buy clearance item once and was shot down). But yes, they would have price-matched Best Buy's price in-store had it not been clearanced.
Interesting. No harm trying. I was just trying to find an official policy and came up blank. Yes, they will match the store price to the online price. I got them to do that Monday. Even got them to apply a 20% coupon on top of that. Something that is YMMV depending on store/cashier/manager.

Just used code 86538 about an hour ago at my local Staples, and it worked!! Saved me 25%!
Thanx alot OP!!!!

mathfaster said:   vrb747 said:   mathfaster said:   gooddealie said:   mistycoupon said:   Really sucks this is only instore. went to Amazon for my purchase which was lower than Staples.

Hmm. Found this: "Heading into the holiday season, a growing number of stores, including Staples Inc. and Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., are even matching prices with online-only merchants like Amazon.com to convert browsers into buyers". http://finance.yahoo.com/news/WalMart-ups-the-ante-in-apf-277282... Still looking for a Staples source for that policy. TIME link say they are not: "Retailers such as Home Depot, WalMart, and Staples also have more traditional price-matching guarantees, though stores will usually only match prices displayed in competitor ads, not on websites.

Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/11/07/paypal-ups-ante-in-holiday-s...

The last time I tried doing the pricematch with Amazon.com was about 4 months ago.....I dont think it has to do with the holidays, at least not at Staples. Probably Bestbuy, because they are done!

will Staples post the 100$ off coupon online?

user3657 said:   will Staples post the 100$ off coupon online?

they post new coupons or email them out about 3AM eastern time.

If there's an online version, I'm sure it will get posted by someone into this thread early tomorrow AM even before stores open.

oharag1 said:   Will a Staples sales rep just accept the spoken code, or will they require the physical coupon? I was at a Staples and I mentioned an online code though I did not have the physical coupon. They scrambled around trying to find someone elses physical coupon to scan into the computer. I finally found the code using my smart phone - and they just entered it into the computer to give me the benefit of the coupon.

They can do that if they want to....
Some show the eMail viewable on the cell phone and it is accepted.

MISTERCHEAP said:   eric21017 said:   Thanks! This is crazy cheap then..I can get a HP 2000-2B10NR for $200 out the door...It's $300 right now and in-stock in many stores. It's low end but would be great for my 11 year old.

The sku is 990646
and not excluded

Another good buy

the Samsung 3 NP355E5C-A01US 15.6
SKU 985037

$349.99 - $100.00 $249.99

I went down to the B&M tonight and the manager said that while the website can price match to Amazon, the B&M stores can't (which is a different story than I've been told before). But the manager still worked with me to help find a way to combine coupons to lower the price by approximately the difference in price between what Staples and Amazon were charging, and then let me add a $20 breakroom coupon on top of that. Delivery was included for free (platinum reward member). So I pretty much got the equivalent of a price match plus breakroom coupon, even if it wasn't called that. That's definitely a YMMV deal, but I must say that I did walk out of there happy. Even if corporate has come down on the B&M's about price-matching, store personnel still may try to find ways to help you out if they can. So it's still worth asking the question IMO.

I did have the 25% off coupon with me but the problem with that is that 1) it can't be combined with other coupons and 2) it's for in-store purchases only and since the manager had to order the item online for me (the item isn't available at the B&Ms), he didn't think there was a way to get the system to accept it. I thought I'd mention that because it turned out that I could actually get a better deal by NOT using it.

The big bonus for me is that I was able to use some gift cards I've received as rebates towards the remaining cost - had I ordered online, I couldn't have done that.

Got the email. The 25% code isn't the same as the one posted above. Its 42171.

Hmmmmm... Interesting; I just got my email with the 3 coupons, but the $100 off coupon that I got (code 31347) applies only to laptops regularly priced $449 or higher (not any price).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.