• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Wow is this a deal. WalMart is showing the Asus Transformer Prime (TF201-B1-GR) for $299 HERE.

I had the 64-gig version of this same tablet and LOVED it - and sadly don't have the $$$ to pick up this FANTASTIC DEAL.

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Asus Transformer Prime 32gb
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I want to get the dock sometime down the road, so it's an obvious pick for the Transformer. Nothing special about the Ta... (more)

ew2x4 (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 7:40p) |

it's OOS now

sychang888 (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 9:38p) |

All wrong and nonsense.

The Transformer Prime has the Jellybean 4.1.2 upgrade available.

Android 5 is not "due in a few mo... (more)

GreenMonkey (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 10:35p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hmmm, android tablets are dropping in price like crazy!

SpacemanVT said:   hmmm, android tablets are dropping in price like crazy!

Thank you google Nexus

is this not a good deal?
this is 200 cheaper than a nexus 10 32 GB!
group had a tf300 for 269 just recently... considering this

can you return in store if you buy online ship to your home

How does the TF201 compare to the TF700?
Does the TF201 suffer from any bugs?

It has Android 3.2 (Nexus has Android 4). There is no GPS (Nexus has GPS). Android 5 is due in few months and this one probably is not upgradable. That is the reason they are trying to get rid of it. Just opinion.

The TF700 has better resolution with a super IPS+ screen, better front camera.

buzzdalf said:   How does the TF201 compare to the TF700?
Does the TF201 suffer from any bugs?

I've read a lot about wifi and gps issues as a result of the aluminum case on the Prime. Is this still an issue?

It's easy to upgrade to Android 4.1 (JellyBean) on this Asus. I would not worry too much about future upgrades nor would I spend twice as much for a new Nexus.

Stas1976 said:   It has Android 3.2 (Nexus has Android 4). There is no GPS (Nexus has GPS). Android 5 is due in few months and this one probably is not upgradable. That is the reason they are trying to get rid of it. Just opinion.

Stas1976 said:   ...There is no GPS...Specs on the product page linked in OP say it has GPS.

I was at Fry's yesterday and I saw no name pads for about $100. They have Android 4, camera, looks like any other expensive tablet. I am not an expert but why would I pay three x the no name price? Is there a big difference?

LOVE this tablet!!! Tegra3 is amazing. Keyboard dock is a MUST HAVE for up to 15 hours of battery... I travel internationally for work a LOT, and this tablet is AWESOME. I can hook up external hard drives, SD cards, AND MicroSD cards.... I control my Nikon camera for HDR photos, and long exposures using the Android Control Aps... I cant say enough good things about this tab. I bought mine for 500 when it first came out.... Smokin deal for 300.

dragonle2000 said:   can you return in store if you buy online ship to your homeYes, you can.

Just got the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 from Costco. For similar price, this one has better specs: faster processor and more memory. But the reviews on Amazon look scary. Debating whether I should give this a try or keep the Galaxy tab 2.

This tablet has had A LOT of quality concerns. I bought mine in January - out of the box Honeycomb worked well. Immediately an upgrade to ICS was available and it made the tablet mostly useless. There have been many iterations, and now it is on JB and it is stable for me. However others on forums (XDA) still complain about random reboots, errors, etc. All of my issues have been resolved with firmware updates (other than GPS), but MANY have complained about hardware issues. Of course it is those with issues who become vocal on the forums - so it is more likely to see those that are unhappy than those that are happy.

In my opinion the overall build quality (on my unit atleast) is excellent. It feels great in your hand, is a nice size for a great deal of tasks, and is not all that heavy compared to other tablets.

GPS - this tablet does have a GPS receiver built in, but it is mostly unusable because it cannot receive a proper signal. ASUS sent out an external dongle to owners as a way to resolve this, but the dongle cannot be used while the tablet is in it's case. For me - not an issue, as I barely ever need to use GPS on the tablet - but certainly disappointing when you pay close to $500 for what was at that time a top of the line product.

Wifi - many also complain about wifi reception issues - however I have had none.

With the latest JB build available my tablet has been super stable and I love it now - but if I could do it all over again, I would not buy it - because when you pay $500 for a product, it should work out of the box. It should not take months of firmware updates to make it stable. On top of that the GPS issues make it a deal breaker. With the latest firmwares they have also disabled the 1.5 and 1.6 ghz modes on the processor - it now maxes out at 1.4 ghz.

Now for $300 - that is a different story. I can't suggest some other tablet over this one, as I don't have any experience with them, but if you want a convertible tablet - at $300 for the tablet (another $150ish for the dock) you very well may be happy with this. I'd double check the return policy and proceed with caution though.

in 4 1! Thanks OP. I will try out the GPS and see if the problem has been fixed or not when I receive it.

Did ASUS already provide JB update on this machine? I thought was only 4.0? Thanks

dustinwendling said:   LOVE this tablet!!! Tegra3 is amazing. Keyboard dock is a MUST HAVE for up to 15 hours of battery... I travel internationally for work a LOT, and this tablet is AWESOME. I can hook up external hard drives, SD cards, AND MicroSD cards.... I control my Nikon camera for HDR photos, and long exposures using the Android Control Aps... I cant say enough good things about this tab. I bought mine for 500 when it first came out.... Smokin deal for 300.

I must agree. I've had my TF201 for about 6 months. Many have complained about WiFi issues. I have not had problems. It runs Jellybean (4.1) At $300, it's a heck of a deal.

PuvMan said:   This tablet has had A LOT of quality concerns. I bought mine in January - out of the box Honeycomb worked well. Immediately an upgrade to ICS was available and it made the tablet mostly useless. There have been many iterations, and now it is on JB and it is stable for me. However others on forums (XDA) still complain about random reboots, errors, etc. All of my issues have been resolved with firmware updates (other than GPS), but MANY have complained about hardware issues. Of course it is those with issues who become vocal on the forums - so it is more likely to see those that are unhappy than those that are happy.

In my opinion the overall build quality (on my unit atleast) is excellent. It feels great in your hand, is a nice size for a great deal of tasks, and is not all that heavy compared to other tablets.

GPS - this tablet does have a GPS receiver built in, but it is mostly unusable because it cannot receive a proper signal. ASUS sent out an external dongle to owners as a way to resolve this, but the dongle cannot be used while the tablet is in it's case. For me - not an issue, as I barely ever need to use GPS on the tablet - but certainly disappointing when you pay close to $500 for what was at that time a top of the line product.

Wifi - many also complain about wifi reception issues - however I have had none.

Now for $300 - that is a different story. I can't suggest some other tablet over this one, as I don't have any experience with them, but if you want a convertible tablet - at $300 for the tablet (another $150ish for the dock) you very well may be happy with this. I'd double check the return policy and proceed with caution though.

Pretty much the same experience with mine. A great little tablet for this price, Jelly Bean was stable and wifi worked just fine although GPS was hit or miss but I really didnít even use it so I didnít even bother getting the free GPS dongle ASUS was giving out. Ultimately I returned it to best buy for the note 10.1 which is exponentially better but it is hard to compare the two. If youíre looking for a great tablet on a budget I wouldnít hesitate to pick this up again.

ics h/b out of over a year. This still doesn't have it preloaded + many complaints.. and the dongle fix doesn't really cut it.. This s/b a fire sale items..
side note :: 10" tab is big to carry..

buy first, think later. you guys convinced me. just ordered one. will compare with Galaxy tab 2 and keep whichever one works better.

arieldtlm said:   TF300 for $20 more. Thoughts?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-TF300T-B1-BL-with-WiFi-10.1-Touch...

The 16GB version is $270 on Groupon. I picked it up yesterday.

So which tablet do you think is better? The Asus Transformer on Groupon or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?

I want to get the dock sometime down the road, so it's an obvious pick for the Transformer. Nothing special about the Tab 2, imo.

it's OOS now

Stas1976 said:   It has Android 3.2 (Nexus has Android 4). There is no GPS (Nexus has GPS). Android 5 is due in few months and this one probably is not upgradable. That is the reason they are trying to get rid of it. Just opinion.

All wrong and nonsense.

The Transformer Prime has the Jellybean 4.1.2 upgrade available.

Android 5 is not "due in a few months". It's barely on the radar. Jellybean 4.2 just came out with the Nexus 4 a few weeks ago.

Asus has a great track record for upgrades, too (the original transformer has been well supported).

Tegra 3 is still a nice fast chipset.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.