• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just ordered for a pickup this TV for $330 with tax in Columbus, OH Instore Clearance Link

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

insignia (40.83kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
From the specs on Best Buy's site (for the year):

Energy Consumption (kWh/year) 145
Estimated Yearly Operating Cost $16

collije (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 1:12p) |

Yep. That's a different, Energy Consumption rating. 145kWh/year. But the TV power consumption is 99W. To power the TV, ... (more)

Slickone (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 7:15p) |

Ya I get what you're saying too. But I believe in using the Energy Consumption as a more real-world measurement to me (m... (more)

collije (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 8:30p) |

Staff Summary

I got one in Flint, Mich. for 295.99

Don't forget to get an extra $20 from this link

Insignia™ - 42" Class - LED - 1080p - 60Hz - HDTV
Model: NS-42E440A13
SKU: 4700295

Just an FYI - This is $100 off normal price.

$295.99 at the Northpoint Mall Alpharetta (Atlanta). Still available. Thanks OP.

Dead?

not sure who makes them now, but when i worked for BestBuy samsung was making the insignias for us, looks like a sore peter,
i don't think you can beat it

johnnybs said:   Don't forget to get an extra $20 from this link

Not everyone owns an AMEX card..

5% Chase freedom saves $15

Edit: Discover has 10% CashBack for online purchase.

So there should be some options

abhishake said:   Dead?The deal is YMMV and is dependent on your local store(s) inventory.

If your store stocks it, it will most likely be offered at $299.99 or $295.99

Great deal whiout no wait Lines !!

Shows Limited quantity in Abq, NM

Thanks... Bought 3 to use as monitors in the office. I might keep them in the box to return if better deals come up for BF.

I get a "page not found" message.

UPDATE: Problem was only on my iPad - worked fine from Mac. Order 2 - thanks OP!

Deal is still alive but I would have to drive from Texas to Illinois to pick it up.

Is this a rebadged Samsung by chance?

How do you change this to search for your local zip codes?

Pizzero said:   Great deal whiout no wait Lines !!

No such thing as a great deal with Insignia...

I luld. I always get a good laugh, especially around BF time when I see people roll out of Bestbuy with the worst brand piles of garbage TV's ever made. There are so many terrible TV manufacturers who use the very cheapest garbage components in their televisions, its sad. I feel bad for people who get locked into a TV because its $100 cheaper than another. I guess if you have low standards in movie and TV watching, enjoy.

Insignia is Bestbuys brand name and you can always tell how bad they are just from a quick glance. You know a TV is crap when you can tell within a split second looking at it.

samrayburn said:   Deal is still alive but I would have to drive from Texas to Illinois to pick it up.

Why? Just search your local stores. The link contained the information to the Illinois store probably because that is where the OP lives.

lmharris said:   How do you change this to search for your local zip codes?

Click on "In-store clearance" in the breadcrumb trail and then enter your zip and navigate to the TVs.

For those not sure about the Insignia brand, I own a couple (along with a couple LGs and a Samsung) and have never had a problem. I find many of their TVs look as good as their name brand counterparts within the same class. i.e. compare this $300 Insignia to the comparable entry level Samsung or LG and you probably can't tell the difference. In fact, I was just in-store today eyeing up a 39" for $279 and thought it looked better than the TV to the left and the right of it. In addition, most of these entry level TVs do not have the glossy screens which annoys me. The tradeoff off is that colors do not look as saturated and blacks do not look as black. The benefit is light does not reflect as easily off the screen.

stevelion said:   lmharris said:   How do you change this to search for your local zip codes?

Click on "In-store clearance" in the breadcrumb trail and then enter your zip and navigate to the TVs.

I am going to admit it that I was an idiot until stevelion came along to clarify my ignorance... Almost gave up on the deal..

One of my two orders got canceled. The other still looks good, but it was after 9pm when they got the order at a store across town so we'll see what happens tomorrow when the attempt to fulfill. I checked the inventory at all stores in the Jacksonville, FL area and I don't think there are any left in stock. The odd thing is they show as in stock until you go to check out and then it removes it from your cart. Anyone else get their order canceled?

fallengod said:   Insignia is Bestbuys brand name and you can always tell how bad they are just from a quick glance. You know a TV is crap when you can tell within a split second looking at it.Apparently my parent's $799.99 Samsung 46" LCD is crap, because my $295.99 Insignia 42" LED looks just as good.

P.S. My $129.99 32" Dynex LED (last year's pre-Christmas deal) looks good too!

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   fallengod said:   Insignia is Bestbuys brand name and you can always tell how bad they are just from a quick glance. You know a TV is crap when you can tell within a split second looking at it.Apparently my parent's $799.99 Samsung 46" LCD is crap, because my $295.99 Insignia 42" LED looks just as good.

P.S. My $129.99 32" Dynex LED (last year's pre-Christmas deal) looks good too!

Then you either dont know what youre talking about or have very bad standards. Ive had plenty of viewing of both Dynex and Insignia TV's. You will be hard pressed to find any experienced knowledgeable people anywhere that would even suggest that Dynex and Insignia are the same quality as a Samsung. Thats borderline laughable.

Anyone who cant tell the quality differences between a Samsung and a Dynex/Insignia should have their head examined.

Got one, just keep searching in different zips. Thanks op.

Somethings not right. You search for Model: NS-42E440A13 on their website and the 32" model shows up in the results.

just scooped one up in secaucus NJ for $295, need to pick this up, anyone know if the box will fit into a sedan (infiniti g37 to be precise?).

thanks op!

any one let me know how do i check store inventory. i am looking in Manalapan,nj store.

Insigna must be a great brand, their hdmi cables are $34.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%23153%3B+-+8%27+HDMI+Cab...

Gimme a break, I'm not giving Best Buy a dime of my money. Any company that sells a $1 cable for $35 is definitely taking advantage of dumb people.

Isn't 90W a bit high for a 42" LED these days? Isn't lower wattage the main reason for getting LED? The Toshiba 40E220U 40" 1080p that's going to be $179 on BF is not LED and is 99W. The Samsung 32" LED right now for $250 is only 28W.

dre2891 said:   just scooped one up in secaucus NJ for $295, need to pick this up, anyone know if the box will fit into a sedan (infiniti g37 to be precise?).

thanks op!

shouldn't be a problem in back seat or trunk (especially if you fold down the seats) assuming its a sedan, coupe should be okay if rear seats fold down

fallengod said:   Anyone who cant tell the quality differences between a Samsung and a Dynex/Insignia should have their head examined.FYI - I've had my head examined (MRI) and it's in good order. Maybe it's time for you to slide into the tube and stay away from youtube.

harendra13 said:   any one let me know how do i check store inventory. i am looking in Manalapan,nj store.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%23153%3B+-+42%26%2334%3B...

Slickone said:   Isn't 90W a bit high for a 42" LED these days? Isn't lower wattage the main reason for getting LED? The Toshiba 40E220U 40" 1080p that's going to be $179 on BF is not LED and is 99W. The Samsung 32" LED right now for $250 is only 28W.

What electric consumption ratings are you citing?
Annual usage on Energy Star label seems to conflict with the numbers you have, e.g.
http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/energy...

horizon6 said:   Slickone said:   Isn't 90W a bit high for a 42" LED these days? Isn't lower wattage the main reason for getting LED? The Toshiba 40E220U 40" 1080p that's going to be $179 on BF is not LED and is 99W. The Samsung 32" LED right now for $250 is only 28W.

What electric consumption ratings are you citing?
Annual usage on Energy Star label seems to conflict with the numbers you have, e.g.
http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/energy...

For which one?

PennState95 said:   Thanks... Bought 3 to use as monitors in the office. I might keep them in the box to return if better deals come up for BF.

So this is gonna be you

Skipping 10 Messages...
Ya I get what you're saying too. But I believe in using the Energy Consumption as a more real-world measurement to me (my pocketbook). The Toshiba 50L2200U LED has a 90W power consumption. Much closer to the range of this TV, so it's not crazy by any means, and the Toshiba 40L2200U has a 66W power consumption. So perhaps it's less energy-efficient.

It that stops anyone from buying this 42" back-lit LED at $300 (with supposedly a nice screen according to reviews I've glanced at, audio is perhaps lacking; after tweaking the settings), then move along ... nothing to see here

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014