• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ASUS X501A-WH01 Notebook Windows 8 Intel Celeron B820 $250 + FS @ Newegg

ASUS X501A-WH01 Intel Celeron B820(1.7GHz) 15.6" 2GB Memory 320GB HDD Intel HD Graphics Notebook
Item #: N82E16834230600

Light duty laptop with Windows 8, HDMI out, but no optical drive. Follow link for more specs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230600&...

petermh op

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ASUS (17.02kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I didn't know that they made 15.6" laptops, without DVD drives. Usually, non DVD drive laptops are 14" and below. Seems a bit strange to me.

Get used to it.

VirtuaL said:   I didn't know that they made 15.6" laptops, without DVD drives. Usually, non DVD drive laptops are 14" and below. Seems a bit strange to me.
Is that because of the processor? Is Celeron too weak to play DVD?
BTY, any good deal at Newegg's black Friday? I've been disapointed with Newegg recently because there are few good deals, even if there are, many had poor reviews.
Besides, when it says 20% off with refurbished items, are they based on MSRP or used prices?
Many thanks. Happy Thanksgiving.

kuelllin said:   VirtuaL said:   I didn't know that they made 15.6" laptops, without DVD drives. Usually, non DVD drive laptops are 14" and below. Seems a bit strange to me.
Is that because of the processor? Is Celeron too weak to play DVD?
BTY, any good deal at Newegg's black Friday? I've been disapointed with Newegg recently because there are few good deals, even if there are, many had poor reviews.
Besides, when it says 20% off with refurbished items, are they based on MSRP or used prices?
Many thanks. Happy Thanksgiving.

The CPU is plenty powerful enough for a DVD drive. It seems like a cost cutting measure.

It is a deal breaker for me.

the only real thing that separate's this from an i3 is that it doesn't support hyper threading. It is a dual core sandy-bridge based chip. Great for all basic needs and an i3 isn't going to be any better at said basic needs. also looks like this has usb 3 port too

Dead?

It's back

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014